IGNORED

Be Up A Hello [2020]

Consul

Tom's doing a 1.5 hour DJ set for the album's launch party in London:

Image may contain: 1 person, possible text that says 'PER ROUGH TRADE Squarepusher 'Be Up A Hello' Launch Party Exclusive DJ Set Special Guest DJs Saturday 1st February @ Five Miles (N15 4QA)'

https://www.facebook.com/events/465462951062207/

WARP and Rough Trade shops are proud and excited to present this very special Squarepusher 'Be Up A Hello' album launch party at Five Miles (N15 4QA) on Saturday 1st February 2020!....
Squarepusher will be bringing a unique and exclusive DJ set to Five Miles, packed full of rare, unreleased material and edits, launching the incredible new 'Be Up A Hello' album.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRE-ORDER AN ALBUM + TICKET (ON CD OR LP) OR AN EXCLUSIVE 'BE UP A HELLO' T-SHIRT + TICKET TO GAIN ENTRY TO THIS LIMITED CAPACITY FIVE MILES VENUE SHOW.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Five Miles venue - 39b Markfield Road, London, N15 4QA.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Pre-ordered T-shirts, Tickets and Album + ticket Bundles can be collected from Rough Trade East from 10am on Friday 31st January until 5pm on Saturday 1st February.
- After this time, all T-shirts, Tickets and Album + ticket Bundles, must be collected from the Five Miles venue when doors open at 8pm on Saturday 1st February.
- We highly recommend and advise that fans get down early for doors and entry, for swift entry to the venue, to enjoy the whole night and to avoid any disappointment.
- Shipping of albums is not available for purchases made for this event.
- This event is 18+. ID will be required on entry to the venue. Please make sure to bring a valid ID.

Squarepusher
After a 5 year hiatus that has seen him delve into a range of diverse musical projects, Squarepusher will return with new album, Be Up A Hello. After exciting fans with his hour long mix of brain-melting breakbeat and jungle for Warp's 30th anniversary NTS takeover in June, expectation has been bubbling away for official new material. The album sees Tom Jenkinson getting back to using analogue hardware, the same equipment that first helped him develop his sound in the early '90's to craft nine new pieces which chart a journey into harder and darker territory. From rinsing breakbeat tracks such as Nervelevers and Terminal Slam to darker moments such as Vortrack and Mekrev Bass, the album illustrates Tom's continuing fascination with finely balanced psychological overload. As such, “Be Up A Hello” gives a nod to the mayhem, joyousness and abandon of the DIY Essex rave scene that was a strong determinant in Tom's work.

TIMES (updated):

8.00pm | Doors Open + Album/ Ticket collection (door)

8.00pm | Rough Trade DJ's (Bar space)

10.30pm | Special guest DJ (Club room)

11.30pm | SQUAREPUSHER live on-stage DJ set (Club room)

01.00am | Special Guest DJ's (Club room)

04.00pm | Finish

*Please note, these times are subject to change.

This roll out is fun! I was expecting some trolls like 6 more Vacuum Trax or a "single EP" that's literally just the one song that's already available on the preorder album, or Squarepusher shot glasses and mugs, or a contest based off something someone from warp thoguht up off the title.

lovin this stuff :catbed:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brian trageskin said:

indeed. i like cymru beats 100 times better than this though, and i don't even like cymru beats that much

No like it's literally sampling 54 Cymru Beats lol. I know im not tripping, it sounds straight from the track

lol I wish the webmastaz over there would update their SQL queries so that I can actually get the new downloads as they come out, jeez

Track is outstanding, super pumped for the album!

1 hour ago, StephenG said:

He made the beats go fast : )

1 hour ago, whosebrian said:

slaps

4 hours ago, Richie Sombrero said:

I like his new look. Looks like he is fronting Muse lol.

3 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

Great track ! Pumped for the new album 

5 hours ago, BCM said:

Nervelevers is awesome

5 hours ago, ignatius said:

god damn!  be up a face melt!

8 hours ago, d-a-m-o said:

dope track.

8 hours ago, azatoth said:

mmm tasty...squahpushah yah daddy

8 hours ago, andrd said:

That track's nice! 

U R ALL CORRECT

track is fuckin bangin, album is gonna be ?????

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1