IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

2 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

This could easily be its own subforum.

I nominate this for most idm 2020. 

My exact thoughts.

Daft Punk are going to get all the big festivals this year.

2 hours ago, prdctvsm said:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

That looks like a spacepilot chair. Captain Kirk could shat his way through the entire run of Star Treks without needing to move.

1 minute ago, Soloman Tump said:

The UK has a confirmed death, so the stats are WRONG

Maybe the data is filled into the underlying excel database by the hands of currently very busy chinese people. Who knows. :psyduck:

Somebody coded something in python, to grab data from official sources. I see... No excel! Thats why it's all wrong. :catrage:

Data on screeen is official number announced by China National Health Commision(NHC) and each countries media and CDCs. Now I am tring to show it without error. (I was doing this with python code. While I am working and sleeping, error might be occured. please don't be surprised.) Data sources: DXY, Tencent, Wikipedia.

^sounds about right, classic trump.

"I talked to a guy who talked to another guy, who may have talked to this other guy, who thought it might be this, so I'm going to go with that instead of listening to people who actually know what they're talking about." 

to be fair there’s a lack of information and conflicting information and changing information right now. all of this is expected given the situation, but idk how much we can blame anyone for not being certain about the ‘hard facts’

that said, Trump is a total fucking idiot and i’m definitely not excusing his rampant stupidity.

This is typical trump in another way, in that there is a kernel of truth in there somewhere surrounded by bullshit.  Every single reliable source that has talked about death rates since the beginning has provided the caveat, we don't know the true rate because among other reasons not everybody who has the virus will show serious symptoms or report it.  

Hopefully the impact of the virus will be mitigated and contained, but even so populist politicians and conspiracy theorists will still make hay.  One of the reasons for the seriousness of the global response is to reduce transmission rates and try to prevent it reaching areas where there is major societal disruption already i.e. a warzone, because you don't want a Spanish flu scenario, where you have widespread mutation combined with circumstance (WW1) that exacerbates it.  The wider it is transmitted, the more chance for mutation.  Society can cope with a bunch of 80 year olds dying.  It won't be able to cope with significant numbers of otherwise healthy 20 and 30 somethings  dropping down dead after hemorrhaging their lungs up, as happened in the 2nd wave in 1918.    

Edit:  Apparently corona viruses have a significantly lower mutation rate than flu, but the corv19 has already mutated into a more aggressive form at least once, so the point stands.  

Edited by kakapo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kakapo said:

but even so populist politicians and conspiracy theorists will still make hay.

yea this is rlly fckn bad timing for europe combined with turkey opening its borders.. ?

2 hours ago, zero said:

^sounds about right, classic trump.

"I talked to a guy who talked to another guy, who may have talked to this other guy, who thought it might be this, so I'm going to go with that instead of listening to people who actually know what they're talking about." 

"The Mexican guy who serves me McDonalds for dinner every night heard it from a guy in line while waiting 7 hours to vote, so yeah it's a fact.  You gonna eat those fries?""

dumbass.jpg

uncanny resemblance

nightmare.jpg