IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

1 hour ago, pcock said:

Everybody is just basically wanking each other off with little hearts then basically?

Have you any tissues? Thanks 

We could add a wanking off emoji as another option. Might as well go the blatent route, if we're doing it already anyways. 

Like this one.

:catbed:

Work safe enough, rite?

All schools in Italy closing for 2 weeks.

*hoards toilet rolls and rice*

The Italian government is to close all schools and universities around the country until mid March because of the coronavirus outbreak, Ansa news agency reports.

Earlier officials reported a jump in cases and deaths from the virus.

Edited by Soloman Tump

Not sure if someone else posted vids of this guy before, r whether this showed up in my youtube feed, but this guy is interesting to follow for updates on corona virus.

• Like 1

I can't see what closing schools for 2 weeks will do though... if the virus is still coming into the country after that time then it will just spread at a later date rather than now....

Air travel and borders needs to be closed to stop new infected patients travelling into Italy, THEN you can close schools.

Edited by Soloman Tump

3 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

I can't see what closing schools for 2 weeks will do though... if the virus is still coming into the country after that time then it will just spread at a later date rather than now....

Air travel and borders needs to be closed to stop new infected patients travelling into Italy, THEN you can close schools.

You want the virus to spread as slowly as possible. Because if everyone gets sick at the same time, it will destabilise an entire country. Healthcare system will be overloaded, other systems will stop working if lots of people get sick and need to stay home (think police, for instance). If, say 10%, of all people affected needs care, the healthcare system will not be able to cope.

This is basically why you want to spread the diseases over the biggest amount of time possible. Society (especially the healthcare system) needs to be able function.

Perhaps the guy in the vid I posted above your post explains it better.

2 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

*hoards toilet rolls and rice*

haha...at least you'll be able to wipe your ass in peace while the rest of the world perishes.

and the wife decided yesterday to freak out about this, went to the grocery store and bought a whole bunch of unnecessary items... I think we have enough hand sanitizer now to last the year lol.

There are two distinct verisons of COVID-19 and you can get infected by both at the same time. So much for a vaccine if its beginning to mutate already!

Edited by Entorwellian