IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

i don't believe everything afx says either especially about drukqs not meaning drug use, it just drools shrooms all over

i do believe syro is just a cool made up word with no meaning

btw i didn't like papat4 but now i like it alot almost 2 years later :)

*jetpacks the fuck out of thread*

it's not important whether you can trust what afx says or not, all that's important is that what he says is not important. the names aren't important, the music is.

important

Edited by caze

it must baffle him knowing drukqs was made on a pismo macbook and is considered better than syro which was made with a million dollar studio

it must baffle him knowing drukqs was made on a pismo macbook and is considered better than syro which was made with a million dollar studio

i get what you mean by this, but it's more than just a macbook! prepared pianos swinging from the roof aren't cheap, and imagine the insurance on such an instrument.

or was the roof swinging the last track on syro actually? can't remember, but point being drukqs wasn't made with only the computer!

The Barbican performance of Aisatsana is separate to the album recording. Besides, he wasn't swinging any pianos (as far as I know) on Drukqs.

Tastes and preferences aside, it's quite obvious that Syro was recorded on a far bigger/more expensive setup than any of his other releases.

i get what you mean by this, but it's more than just a macbook! prepared pianos swinging from the roof aren't cheap, and imagine the insurance on such an instrument.

or was the roof swinging the last track on syro actually? can't remember, but point being drukqs wasn't made with only the computer!

The Barbican performance of Aisatsana is separate to the album recording. Besides, he wasn't swinging any pianos (as far as I know) on Drukqs.

Tastes and preferences aside, it's quite obvious that Syro was recorded on a far bigger/more expensive setup than any of his other releases.

Mainly because it's listed in the liner notes

A laptop that had sampled quite a bit of expensive gear.

Give Syro a bit of time, when drukqs came out people didn't getit

• 5 weeks later...

and is considered better than syro

by some, of course.

Syro is my fav album of his.

My top 3:

1.Syro

2.Drukqs

3....I care because you do

LOL

image.jpg

:w00t: 2 more :emotawesomepm9:

Oh god yeah!!!

Has anyone tried to de-ringmod the background voice in papat4 that comes in around 2:04? I just noticed it. When I get home I might try to figure out what it is.

Checking in to say this album is holding up really well. Still easy to listen to in it's entirety when the mood strikes. Solid as holy hell.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got this version in the post https://www.discogs.com/Aphex-Twin-Syro/release/6140509

It was sealed and all mint but how come there is a leaflet advertising the Cheetah E.P and other artists releases for 2016.

weird or what?