IGNORED

SOPHIE - BIPP (Autechre Mx)

hello spiral

Wow! I love it. I wish the boys made accessible stuff like this more often. Reminds me of - Autechre Play Weissensee Against Im Glück (Original Composition by Neu!)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Compvig said:

No one mentioned footwork. This remix is definitely AE's take on footwork.

I get the footwork flavour, but footwork didn't invent this type of rhythmic busy- and jumpy- ness, it merely sped it up from its Chicago ghettodance roots

On 2/13/2021 at 9:43 PM, Compvig said:

No one mentioned footwork. This remix is definitely AE's take on footwork.

100% nonsense ^

With each listen this track cements itself further  into easily  being the best track of 2021 

It's  simply excellent

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, xox said:

the rmx is ayte but that ableton sound is all over it :facepalm:

honestly curious if you could expand on this. i've thought the same about some tunes i've heard before but didn't notice it on this one in particular.

unless you're just shitposting :nyan: in which case feel free to ignore and facepalm me ?

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

You guys are mad! ? 

spending your time on gearslutz?lol

Spoiler

we always joke about how their music sounds too maxmsp, that they need some analog love and now that they’ve ported the track’s channels to ableton for a rmx i though it’s time to shitpost about ableton now i guess

nah just forgetaboutit

Edited by xox
  • Like 1
  • Burger 1

Sean mention they turn all their system into Live for the remix and he didn't like it (the Live system, not the remix).

If they have something such their own hardcore player that they have build for decades why not use it for the remix?

SOPHIE - BIPP (Grænulator Mx)

?

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
13 hours ago, auxien said:

basically tracks the main points of SOPHIE's career with some interesting tidbits sprinkled throughout, bookended by BIPP ofc. don't think i'd ever heard that Vince Staples track. shit's fuckin massive.

Pretty fiery beat for Vince Staples, unfortunately no instrumental, but there's a separate demo (before adding hats and the trap alike)

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 12:34 AM, auxien said:

basically tracks the main points of SOPHIE's career with some interesting tidbits sprinkled throughout, bookended by BIPP ofc. don't think i'd ever heard that Vince Staples track. shit's fuckin massive.

There's a couple of SOPHIE beats on that album, both are bangers.

• Like 1

Sophie sounds like Otto von Schirach made by someone 10 years younger. Autechre just removed all fx and showed what these tracks are actually made from which is interesting 

Yeah, interesting because 1) it still works 2) it straight up sounds like mid 80s electro pop a la Shannon, which judging by Autechre's DJ sets is right up their alley. In a weird way I read this as a big compliment.

Edited by sweepstakes
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

This remix makes me want to hear an Autechre electro album, maybe more 90s and less math.

that mix they did  few years ago is a pretty rockin classic electro/hip hop survey of stuff they're into. i forget what it was no though.. but it's seamless mixing has all the classics and more 

4 hours ago, WurstPLUS said:

src?

The asian interview 2020:

What did you program?

SB: Actually, we mainly transferred our existing patches to Ableton. The reason for this was that we were asked to do a remix for SOPHIE. At that time, we couldn't process our stems in the live setup.

RB: It was designed too much for real time.

SB: For the remix, I transferred a few of the patches to Ableton and started to dig into them. Finding myself in context. I hadn't worked with a DAW in years before. I actually didn't want to.
RB: We actually use DAWs more to master our tracks. So that was a more compositional approach to our real-time setup.

SB: We practically did live jams for NTS, the elseq parts and Exai. For an hour or so, then boiled it down into tracks, then put some layers on top, for example from other live jams, and then coded the track. That worked well.

And how did it go this time?

SB: We built it up layer by layer, very gradually, in Ableton. I don't like Ableton that much, but it supports Max / MSP patches. And then we haven't done the SOPHIE remix in ages. That only happened a few months ago, and completely different than originally planned. We didn't use a lot of the material that we had produced to get used to this new setup. And this is mainly where SIGN emerged. We met after six months of training and heard a common thread in Rob's stuff, to which a couple of my pieces fit. The album came out unintentionally.

“My attention span is a little shorter than Robs. I get bored faster than him. "

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...