IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 2/11/2022 at 4:59 AM, Freak of the week said:

hercules: the legendary journeys

90s gibberishness at its finest

kevin sorbo is (now) a hard right antivax nutjob. be careful giving him views.

Xena  on the other hand, i can get behind. lucy lawless for the win!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

FLe2lt0VQAIOD9k?format=jpg&name=large

imagine a show that sucks a lot. now imagine it's called bel air. this is that show

I remember when I first heard that there was going to be a “gritty” fresh prince reboot that it had to be a joke. 

22 hours ago, usagi said:

uh oh

ridli no, ridli stahp

cant believe the Alien:Earth thing is happening as well. It's basically gonna be the walking dead but with Ayleens instead of Walkers.  And here's the cast:

Strong female lead

Goofy joker guy who ends up being heroic

Science guy who develops a thing

Sleezy myserious guy who ends up being a Weyland Yutani mole

Cool looking warrior lady who you think might be lesbian interest to strong female lead but turns out to be an "artificial person"

Couple of young kids who grow up as the series goes on, one of them dies

Lance Henrikson

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

cant believe the Alien:Earth thing is happening as well. It's basically gonna be the walking dead but with Ayleens instead of Walkers.  And here's the cast:

Strong female lead

Goofy joker guy who ends up being heroic

Science guy who develops a thing

Sleezy myserious guy who ends up being a Weyland Yutani mole

Cool looking warrior lady who you think might be lesbian interest to strong female lead but turns out to be an "artificial person"

Couple of young kids who grow up as the series goes on, one of them dies

Lance Henrikson

You forgot the house pet that reveals it’s been infected in the closing credits for season 1

AVP2 - Requiem is more than enough aliens on earth for me. Never again.

2 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

?

This looks perfectly fine, I see there's a lot of hubbub online, lots of people seem to be enraged because reasons. People take this shit way too seriously.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Silent Member said:

AVP2 - Requiem is more than enough aliens on earth for me. Never again.

Christ what a terrible movie. I rewatched it again a few years ago accidentally. Why accidentally? Because I forgot I had watched it the first time (probably d/t PTSD). About halfway through I was like Ohhh right, this isn't going to get any better and then hate watched it through to the end. 

About halfway through Bobba Fett and... not hating it? I think waiting until I could binge all at once probably helps. It's very slow but doesn't necessarily feel that way, but thats only because I don't have to wait a week. If I did, I probably would have gotten extremely frustrated with the pacing/flashbacks. Haven't even hit the Mandalorian episodes yet. 

I know it was jokingly referred to by Faver3au (I think) as Mandalorian 2.5. It kind of is, I guess. Like, a few chapters to flesh out a side character, before they dip back into the main story stuff. Viewed from that lens and being able to watch it all at once, not particularly angry. I guess people wanted Bobba to be the silent, terse, badass with the armor... but Mando is essentially that now. Franky been glad/more interested in seeing the evolution/age of Bobba. 

Anyway, also watched the SuperBowl Half Time show this am. 14 minutes of pure, throwback awesome I don't even care it was at a football game, shit had me grinnin' ear to ear. 50 cent upside downs/Dre actually has keyboard chops who knew?

• Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 8:52 PM, Braintree said:

I Think You Should Leave is mostly hilarious. Awkward situations and dialogue is its bread and butter, but I love the utterly absurd skits. The one with the dude honking his car horn all day and the guy that crashes the hotdog car are my favorites.

I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson
Absurd/cringe sketch-comedy. Really liked this. 12 episodes of 16 minutes.
I-Think-You-Should-Leave-With-Tim-Robins

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Any Righteous Gemstones here? I know it's lowbrow af at times but I can't resist it. Every episode has something in it that tickles the hell out of me. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, xxx said:

Any Righteous Gemstones here? I know it's lowbrow af at times but I can't resist it. Every episode has something in it that tickles the hell out of me. 

Yeah, this season has been pretty good so far. At first I was kinda annoyed this season, because it seemed like every 5 minutes there would be some Cohen brothers esque music intro thing- hard to articulate, but I’m sure u know what I mean. But once I saw the episode with baby billy in it and bj’s baptism, this season really turned around. That episode was hilarious

And don’t get me wrong about the Cohen brothers comment- I love them, but sometimes comedies that seem spurned out of the will Ferrell/Danny McBride/Judd apatow etc factory have a strong Cohen rip-off vibe. They just are never gonna be the same quality. Even things like raising Arizona are leaps and bounds above what Danny McBride is ever gonna pull. That being said, I lived Pineapple Express and this is the end.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, T3551ER said:

Christ what a terrible movie. I rewatched it again a few years ago accidentally. Why accidentally? Because I forgot I had watched it the first time (probably d/t PTSD). About halfway through I was like Ohhh right, this isn't going to get any better and then hate watched it through to the end. 

About halfway through Bobba Fett and... not hating it? I think waiting until I could binge all at once probably helps. It's very slow but doesn't necessarily feel that way, but thats only because I don't have to wait a week. If I did, I probably would have gotten extremely frustrated with the pacing/flashbacks. Haven't even hit the Mandalorian episodes yet. 

I know it was jokingly referred to by Faver3au (I think) as Mandalorian 2.5. It kind of is, I guess. Like, a few chapters to flesh out a side character, before they dip back into the main story stuff. Viewed from that lens and being able to watch it all at once, not particularly angry. I guess people wanted Bobba to be the silent, terse, badass with the armor... but Mando is essentially that now. Franky been glad/more interested in seeing the evolution/age of Bobba. 

Anyway, also watched the SuperBowl Half Time show this am. 14 minutes of pure, throwback awesome I don't even care it was at a football game, shit had me grinnin' ear to ear. 50 cent upside downs/Dre actually has keyboard chops who knew?

I loved the last half of boba, and it made the first half better (the slow build was worth it). And I was also glad that we got “caught up” with boba. Also, super cool that patton oswalt’s parks n rec deleted scene rant was somewhat a story pr0t0type for the “escape the sarlacc pit” part

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i6CO5IhUx2i0pYQfkeUPEZ3kDq4.jpg

louis theroux vs qanon.

every left wing documentarian can't help but profile qanon larps and theroux is no different. he goes balls deep into q-mecca (aka florida) and spends some time (before pissing off) some far right shills. that's just episode one

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nebraska said:

i6CO5IhUx2i0pYQfkeUPEZ3kDq4.jpg

louis theroux vs qanon.

every left wing documentarian can't help but profile qanon larps and theroux is no different. he goes balls deep into q-mecca (aka florida) and spends some time (before pissing off) some far right shills. that's just episode one

OK just sat and watched the first episode.  Had never heard of America First or any of these streaming guys.

But an interesting documentary and just shows how powerful the net can be for underground politics to mobilise people.

Far too many shots of Louis's face looking stoney blank or lightly confused / worried though. 

Sometimes I wish he would push these guys even more, but I guess he doesn't wanna get beaten up.  His cameraman is probably also his security guard.

In the past week we've wrapped up:

Sharp Objects
Search Party
The Shrink Next Door
Hard (Brazilian series on HBO, that I didn't realize until just now when looking on IMDB is a remake of a French series by the same name from last decade ?)

We've been watching The Righteous Gemstones, which is great. This season is not disappointing. 

I also started the Amazon series Get Shorty, which isn't bad. I'm not sure I ever saw the movie. 

I'll probably kick off a free trial of Showtime in the next week, a few shows I'm interested in there such as Yellowjackets and Dexter: New Blood.

The Boys

Baskets

These are just two of the many shows starting with B and ending with S that you could watch.

• Big Brain 1

On Succession 02, episode 05

My opinion on this is constantly changing. I think it boils down to me not giving a fuck about rich billionaire capitalists and their lives, so it’s not really a tv story I would watch. However I like certain aspects of it, specifically Tom & Greg’s funny and amusingly chaotic relationship and Kendall’s character as an empty soul that has been sold to The Devil (cocaine, money and his father). But I’m close to ditching it. Quick research (always a sign that I’m not into something) tells me to hang on to the end of this season.