IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

bloke at work (one of the few who has a fucking idea about anything apart from cunting football) told me about a series callled True Detective (yep, never heard of it)

on episode 6 of season 1, and quite obviously one of the best things I've ever seen

Edited by beerwolf

True Detective let me down right at the end when it turns into Dumb and Dumber. 

The Expanse is back now, so will be watching that on Kodi over next few weeks. Thomas Jane's undercut has now gone, he now looks like he drinks in Brewdog. 

Watching s2 of the The Expanse now. It's q good, but badly in need of some compelling characters (or some more charismatic actors).

Yeaaaah I really enjoy this show but there is a dearth of personality across the board. Although I do really enjoy Amos. He also might be the only character whose name I actually know without thinking about it for a few minutes.

It's the show with the most apathy I've ever seen. Good concept though and the story is not quite as simple as goodies and baddies. That Greek Canadian bird from the 1st series needs to come back. 

big little lies - this show is kind of trash. theres are these cold but good scenes of a bunch of rich assholes from california fighting over pointless issues in their lives. it's well-shot and acted. but then there are these confusing, completely retarded interjections by some sort of hammy "townspeople chorus" speaking to the police at some point in the future after one of these assholes kills another. it is horrible writing, summarizing what the previous scene already made abundantly clear. The difference between the two is so jarring i was completely baffled at who would approve this until i found out some gay french dude directed it. luckily as the episodes roll the HBO execs realized it was so hacky that they almost go away. i would recommend this if you had a crush on tracy flick but would feel more comfortable beating off to the MILF version.

milfy tracy flick is my kryptonite

Edited by dr lopez

big little lies - this show is kind of trash. theres are these cold but good scenes of a bunch of rich assholes from california fighting over pointless issues in their lives. it's well-shot and acted. but then there are these confusing, completely retarded interjections by some sort of hammy "townspeople chorus" speaking to the police at some point in the future after one of these assholes kills another. it is horrible writing, summarizing what the previous scene already made abundantly clear. The difference between the two is so jarring i was completely baffled at who would approve this until i found out some gay french dude directed it. luckily as the episodes roll the HBO execs realized it was so hacky that they almost go away. i would recommend this if you had a crush on tracy flick but would feel more comfortable beating off to the MILF version.

milfy tracy flick is my kryptonite

Hahahaha! Tracy Flick still lives. We are all just side shows to the main attraction. Beating off to the telly? Reminds me of a colleague I used to know in the NW of England, said that when he went home in the evening (we were doing overtime on a saturday), after opening the front door, he could hear the hum of a vibrator, he said it would be his wife with X-Factor on. I don't think I ever imparted such knowledge in return. 

all that talk of s02 of expanse being deece made me want to try it again after ditching it mid-season last time. but omg, i know remember why i ditched it. the aforementioned criticisms are spot on, it's just sooo fucking dull and lifeless when it comes to dialogue and characterization. there's definitely some good stuff in it due to interesting and properly developed backstory and world building, that trilateral conflict keeps things interesting, and production wise it's fine (though, better when it comes to CGI and lesser when it comes to interiors and costumes and such). it's like a burger with buns made of paper, you have to chew through all those fucking scenes of bored looking actors reading their lines passionlessly to get to some meat.

Edited by eugene

I agree. Best world, worst characters.

On second thought, I'm watching the 100 with my kid. those are the worst possible people.

Edited by Gocab

Porridge - may the gods bless the cast n writers for a show that might age a bit on the surface, but the humour & jokes never will, bit like Dad's Army

Ronny Barker showing the world how to mix tragic-comedy and Mr Mackay's chinny grimacing gestures, effortless genius

found The Singing Detective with Michael Gambon on an old drive recently thought long lost, another timeless BBC gem the quality of which seems beyond that organization these days

the sheer quantity of new American network shows means older classics often slip below the radar of relevance

Copping my third rewatch of the wire, this time the remastered version on HBO's streaming service. It's been a few years since the last time but I keep getting stunned by how many details I've missed. It feels less like getting into a show than stepping into an alternate reality. The remastered version looks good, they put work into it and it works largely thanks to Simon having his say. Although some shots suffer. I am not sure I could stomach the 4:3 ratio again.

The Trip to Spain

overall = mint & avoids the darkness of so much other contemporary British comedy, plus the last ep's finale was wickedly funny, the best thing since Camping's anarchic chaos

loads of impressions, but rips the piss out of Coogan's fragile ego more & the Spanish landscape vistas are relentlessly enjoyable just like the food (cos lets face it, Spain has the best fodder in Europe)

breezy, unpretentious & fun, plus its subliminal advocacy of the north coastal regions is worthy of a drive down this summer in itself, cos FUCK the ferry

wire seems amazing at first but you'll quickly realize it's average and hacky tv writing. lots of "getting the team back together" ploys and loads of pretty average television actors all over the script.

Looking forward to trip to Spain

Doctor Who Series 10 - off to an excellent start, almost a soft reboot of sorts, and solid performances from everyone, especially new companion Bill.

Trailer for the new series in case you haven't seen it:

Second trailer: