IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

F.E.A.R.

This game has held up quite well 17 years later. The dark urban environments, the near-future setting with a combination of modern and sci-fi guns, mech suits, tactical combat, Japanese horror elements, and the droning FM synth pads and bells in the soundtrack make me feel like this game was made for me. Plus I've yet to see any game that has pulled off the slo-mo mechanic as well as this one since.

On 10/28/2022 at 7:08 PM, milkface said:

Bought COD MW2 today and the game's great but really pissed off that you can't turn off crossplay. I don't want to play with PC players because they ruin every single game that has crossplay.

You can turn it off on PS5, which I did almost immediately. 

22 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

You can turn it off on PS5, which I did almost immediately. 

Yeah man that's so lucky!! I'm on Series X ?

You liking the game?

Edited by milkface

On 11/1/2022 at 9:01 PM, milkface said:

Yeah man that's so lucky!! I'm on Series X ?

You liking the game?

Yeah I like it. Best COD campaign in a long time, usually I don't even play that bit. Multiplayer is good, although the weapon stuff is overly complicated. It will probably be my go-to game for the next few months.

• Like 1

I've been playing more games than usual since I got a steam deck. I love this thing. It took some time for me to get used to how it feels in the hand, but it's grown on me and now it's feeling pretty comfortable to hold even for hours-long sessions.

Currently finishing the RE2 remake on it - it plays so well on the deck, great experience.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 8:08 PM, milkface said:

Bought COD MW2 today and the game's great but really pissed off that you can't turn off crossplay. I don't want to play with PC players because they ruin every single game that has crossplay.

Wait what? On console you're automatically playing with keyboard and mouse players? That can't be right

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chronical said:

Wait what? On console you're automatically playing with keyboard and mouse players? That can't be right

Yeah it's ridiculous. Additionally, when PC players start inevitably hacking in a few months the game will be ruined like what happened with Battlefield 2042.

I've been playing Death Door with friends for the last 3 days. The beginning is a bit tough, but once you get used to the fact that not everything is explained to you and you have to find your own way, it's a really nice game. 

VPCRK354mFMNaa883zyyU9.jpg

NSwitchDS_DeathsDoor_04.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/3/2022 at 7:31 PM, YEK said:

Picked up Skywalker Saga, should be good

The jokes are quite funny. I left in on the pile of shame last year but now you mention it its really worth a 2nd look. 

Just got Ghost Song on switch. 

Ghost Song

Yeah I'm a bit wary of the direction Id are going since Doom Eternal. I thought DE was overrated personally. Story was disjointed and the whole thing just reeked of Marvel-esque hypermasculinity. Plus the platforming sections were just dumb. It's like they were trying to make a Dark Souls game with Mario mini-games on the side. And the combat itself is just unrealistic. Might as well be a bar fight simulator with one drunken asshole against the entire bar full of drunken assholes. And all of the drinks are infused with Red Bull.

Doom 2016 on the other hand was near flawless, and I couldn't have asked for a better reboot at the time. Id Software made the mistake of trying to improve something that was already basically perfect and ended up fucking it up.

If it's your thing, go for it. But it ain't my thing. Already beat it once. Not going back.

The attitude that it's a gameplay benchmark for all shooters today is a purely subjective one.

I went through Aria of Sorrow for the first time the other day after grabbing an odroid go ultra.

Amazing if you want more SOTN which I perpetually do!

On 10/31/2022 at 7:40 PM, onecaseman said:

Playing Olli Olli World. It's cool, but I keep trying to use Tony Hawk's Pro Skater controls, which are very different.

I remember trying to play Skate after lots of Tony Hawk…. I’m pretty sure that the triangle button (which put you into a grind on Tony) would bail you in Skate… 

Serves me right for being a button masher I guess ?

• Like 2

apparently the Dead Space remake will have an AI director that dynamically adjusts the amount of combat/intensity you experience in the game. cool idea but it is a big difference from the original where a cleared area would remain cleared.

very keen for this shit and Callisto Protocol.

• Like 2