poster-berberian-sound-studio-250x350.jp

even though this film takes place during a time when giallo films were being made (late 60s to mid 70s) it's not a giallo and rather- a clinical look at sound design for film. the giallo angle just happens to part of the fetish used by the director and co. to give it a unique angle and perhaps indulge in a little "homage" to influences

there is some great acting from the lead (toby jones) though he's not given much to expand on (besides constantly looking mystified and occasional outbursts of stabbing cabbages) and even though the entire thing hinges upon his character getting lost into a blurred vortex of fantasy(film) mimicking reality, there is absolutely naught as far as emotional attachement to the character (unless you absolutely love toby jones).

6/10

lol should i watch it again? what did i miss?

i thought it was completely nonsense (a bit lynchy) and cringe worthy, oh and artsy wanna be, but not so good way. i didn't enjoy it's artsy factor as much as Amer, but once again, i'm a zero in giallo film so...

it kept me entertained nonetheless...

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

You apparently liked Napoleon Dynamite. That means your mother stomped your mewling face too many times when you were a baby.

you apparently liked the shinning, does it mean that cigarettes killed your father and rapped your mother???

I watched an hour of the last pirates of the caribbean film, found it extremely predictable and boring, turned it off. Then remembered I had seen it before, maybe a month or two ago.

Extremely forgettable/10

Edited by Gocab

Guest RadarJammer

Hobbit 5/10 maybe they should have farmed out the CGI to North Korean slave labor or something, it was pretty bad. The hobbit felt like lots of things happened without anything really happening, kind of a sleepy movie that makes people try and not take a nap in their seat even though they really wanna see it through.

Guest Pennywise

Indie game: the movie 10/10

Really good. Quite inspiring for those who are procrastinating instead of working on a project. ME!

Watch if you enjoy good things happening to hard working, lovely people.

Edited by Pennywise

Grabbers - If you liked Tremors, Attack the Block or Critters you need this in your life. Alien thing lands on Ireland and alcohol kills it so everyone must get completely caned. Cool, fun film thing. If you wish to die begin a drinking game where you take a swig of your drink each time someone on screen does the same. Something high/10.

the perks of being a wallflower: the most predictable movie I've ever seen. Is that bad? Anyway 6.5

I just watched 20 minutes or so of it. Had to turn it off or else I would have ended up fist fighting someone.

Watch if you enjoy good things happening to hard working, lovely people.

Except Phil Fish.

Oh, he's not that bad. And what he said about Japanese games is true.

don't really get the "the perks of being a wallflower hate" (in general, not on watmm). best movie of 2012 imo, and i usually can't stand "coming of age" dramas. felt sorta like a 90s version of the breakfast club.

Edited by data

don't really get the "the perks of being a wallflower hate" (in general, not on watmm). best movie of 2012 imo, and i usually can't stand "coming of age" dramas. felt sorta like a 90s version of the breakfast club.

The rating on IMDB is 8,7 or something, which intrigued me but the 20 minutes I watched was like watching "indie mixtape the movie". I came to the conclusion that it would be a big hit for kids around 15 - 18 years, but maybe I was wrong? I'll give it another shot at one point.