Franklyn - One decent stylish Dark City style thriller mixed with two other mundane films that's kinda spoiled by a Tim Burton ending. 6.5/10

Road to Perdition - even if I saw the ending coming a mile away it shows Hollywood can get it right once in a while especially when its this well shot. should have watched this ages ago/10

capn fillips

started off pretty lol with a stilted convo between hanks and letslingeronherengagementringtoprovideexposition about how the world is bad for the young people and it's really competitive in the modern workplace. folks, its a jungle out there. speaking of which, we get to see some somali pirates who exist solely to illustrate the massive wealth/economic divide between the first and...what, like tenth world? i like that they found some really emaciated non actors, gave me a big ol realism boner. the camera shakes and jitters us onto a big boat off the horn of africa. there's some mildly interesting seafaring lingo and procedural stuff and then the action starts. and never lets up. film ends with tom hanks covered in somali blood (the blood is on his hands, that was just a kid maaaan, maybe in america...maybe...in...america) and hanks sounds like a south park character blubbering and yelling NOOOOOOAAAAAUHGOOOOD for like twenty minutes straight. awk-ward. man up, dude.

basically, this film will show you how efficiently the navy seals can kill people. go team usa.

Not a film but a documentary I've been meaning to watch for ages and finally did a couple days ago. I loved it, it's one of strange and oddly fascinating docs that's completely fun and harmless and not like dependent on shock value or anything. Don't get me wrong, might be dull to some...it's about people who collect 8-tracks and it's almost 20 years old.

Man of Steel 6/10 - The intro was my favourite part because of all the cool sci-fi shit (although riding the dragon was a bit over the top). I'd like to see a whole movie set in some ultra-futuristic space epic. Middle was OK, but the last third was just overwrought and tiring with a never-ending action piece. (Spoilers) If Jor-El's consciousness was uploaded to Zod's spaceship mainframe by Lois Lane, why couldn't he fuck up the whole spaceship from the inside instead of some elaborate plan to bomb it with the baby delivery device. Also the huge dildos Zod and his pals got put into after their coup attempt gave me a lol. Overall it was entertaining blockbuster material and satisfied my stoned mind, but didn't really offer much more. Looked slick as expected with Snyder at the helm but ultimately devoid of much substance.

Guest bitroast

Not a film but a documentary I've been meaning to watch for ages and finally did a couple days ago. I loved it, it's one of strange and oddly fascinating docs that's completely fun and harmless and not like dependent on shock value or anything. Don't get me wrong, might be dull to some...it's about people who collect 8-tracks and it's almost 20 years old.

oh man thnx for posting. this is good watching, i think i think (some of my favourite docos are Gates of heaven and American Film, king of kong,....)

Maybe someone should start a ' Good documentaries about not much thread' or something.

oh man thnx for posting. this is good watching, i think i think (some of my favourite docos are Gates of heaven and American Film, king of kong,....)

Maybe someone should start a ' Good documentaries about not much thread' or something.

Nice, will check these out.

Looked up Gates of Heaven first and saw it's linked to Werner Herzog Eats His Own Shoe and realised I still haven't got 'round to viewing that, so that's what I've actually ended up watching.

Everyone who hasn't seen King of Kong should do so right now.

Another good 'documentary about not much' is I Think We're Alone Now'. About two men obsessed with 80's pop singer Tiffany. That one can get pretty grim/depressing/terrifying though.

Every celebrity deals with his or her share of obsessed fans. "I Think We're Alone Now" is a documentary that focuses on two individuals, Jeff and Kelly, who claim to be in love with the 80's pop singer Tiffany. Jeff Turner, a 50-year-old man from Santa Cruz, California has attended Tiffany concerts since 1988. Diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome, he never had a girlfriend. Jeff spends his days hanging out on the streets of Santa Cruz, striking up conversations with anyone who has a moment to spare. Kelly McCormick is a 38-year-old hermaphrodite from Denver, Colorado, who claims to have been friends with Tiffany as a teenager. She credits Tiffany as the shining star who has motivated her to do everything in her life. Both Jeff and Kelly have been labeled stalkers by the media and other Tiffany fans. This film takes you inside the lonely lives these two characters, revealing the source of their clinging obsessions.
Edited by hello spiral

Yep, very cool documentary, thanks. That story about the "Disco Duck" immediately reminded me of one of my dad's 7-inches that I loved as a kid, "Ronald And Donald - Couac Couac". I need to dig that out now, I was practically crying just listening to it on YouTube, it's so silly but it's part of my life. I remember we wore out the sleeve and stapled together a new one, with the drawing cut out from the original and glued to it.

More to the point, I think the same obsolescense is happening with pop CDs right now, I've said it before but if you look in megastores and the like, many of them are cheaper than files these days. Only a matter of time before they will be regarded as completely worthless. Makes me want to go shopping.

Meanwhile, vinyl is more expensive than ever.

Heh, I just finished watching that 15 minutes ago. Pretty to look at, but ultimately dumb and boring.

Edit: my 11 year old kid thought it was amazing though, unfortunately I'm not 11 anymore.

Edited by Gocab

Guest Pennywise

Yeh good point, probably more of a film for kids. I stopped watching it, I just don't care. I hope the aliens win, they can have our planet that we fucked up.