Wood job!

Blended

In flight films. Decent enough entertainment. When the choice is between this, stare into the seat in front or uncomfortable fractured naps, it doesn't need to be that good to be entertaining though.

the quiet roar. pretty good. slow. lovely visuals. need to rewatch it at some other point in time. dat cabin!/10

Edited by Gocab

The fly 7/10. Never seen it before fantastic makeup

I assume you're talking about the 80's one. My family had this on VHS when I was a kid. And maybe above any other film I saw in my childhood, this one disturbed me the most. [shudders]

The fly 7/10. Never seen it before fantastic makeup

I assume you're talking about the 80's one. My family had this on VHS when I was a kid. And maybe above any other film I saw in my childhood, this one disturbed me the most. [shudders]

Yup. Glad I didn't watch it young would have freaked me out for sure

the last of the mohicans - almost laughably bad, would never believe it's a mann film. astoundingly bad action sequences - the firing cannons just puff smoke and sparkles, armed soldiers stand still and look bored while their compatriots are bashed by indians 3 feet away and so on...and to think "saving private ryan" came just 6 years later. and there's pocahontas-rambo like ridiculousness of daniel day lewis, hammy romance and that "epic" music that given the other elements that suck simply provides a comedic effect. it's ridiculous it's got such good reviews, probably seemed very different ~20 years ago.

also rewatched miami vice by mann, and this one on the contrary seems underrated. it's nothing spectacular but it's tight and solidly made, looks good and keeps the interest throughout.

Miami Connection

Another one of those 'so bad it's good' films - lays inbetween Samurai Cop and The Room...not as many hilarious moments as Samurai Cop but enough to be worth the watch...the main actor/writer/producer seems to be a bit of a Tommy Wiseau...When you combine Ninja orphans who play rockin' music you can't go wrong, right?

The Comedy - 8/10...great film...a grotesque portrait of the irony generation...amazing how much this film got panned by critics who didn't understand it...prompted me too google 'great films that were initially panned'

Gone Girl is getting stellar reviews, but why do directors keep using Ben Affleck? grrrr

bonus, he shows his weiner in it.

12 Years A Slave: brutal and amazing. Very upsetting. Feels weird this film has only been recently made. Fassbender is a class act, as usual.

Grand Budapest Hotel: the film I've been waiting for Wes Anderson to make. Finally a story worthy of the effort he puts into the style/aesthetic.

Inherent vice will be amazing. :)

For those who like documentaries about great musical icons that created a world of their own out of nothing, Beware of Mr. Baker is the way to go. It's already two years old but Ginger Baker was truly one of a kind. Very entertaining documentary.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1931388/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Edited by MassfreeKid

fair enough, it's been a few years since I saw it. I guess you are a harder task master.

recently watched:

MV5BMTMyNjYxNjkxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDQ5

Oh man, this was so awesomely awful.

Rutger Hauer is Harley Stone, a non-rule playing cop who doesn't play by the rules. He's on the trail of a killer who may not be human. The killer offed his partner a year ago and now he's running on nothing but 'anxiety, coffee and chocolate' trying to track said killer down in a dystopian London in the futuristic year of 2008.

My favorite bit was the second scene where two 'detectives' do an awkward as fuck exposition scene. Explaining all the back story like a couple of 5th year drama students rehearsing a play.

from 10:20

http://youtu.be/_LsrYqmV90Y

Split Second! Not content with wearing Galliano on Blade Runner he then goes Vivienne Westwood in the future. Looks to imhabit the same London of the future as Paul Anderson's Shopping. Interestingly they got the spectacles bang on.

sin city, the first one.... well half of it anyway.

what happened to the new one? i've heard absolutely nothing about it...

It's meant to be utter dog shit. No reviewers were allowed to see until a day before release, it's that shit.

Inherent vice will be amazing. :)

For those who like documentaries about great musical icons that created a world of their own out of nothing, Beware of Mr. Baker is the way to go. It's already two years old but Ginger Baker was truly one of a kind. Very entertaining documentary.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1931388/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Yeah, quite good.

sin city, the first one.... well half of it anyway.

what happened to the new one? i've heard absolutely nothing about it...

It's meant to be utter dog shit. No reviewers were allowed to see until a day before release, it's that shit.

that's really too bad, i had high hopes for it.

Baron Prasil / The Outrageous Baron Munchausen (1962)

This is truly incredible film making - Zeman combines all manners of techniques in order to bring this magical tale alive, live-action, animation, stop-motion, puppetry, trick photography. It's so imaginative and genius. Terry Gilliam and Wes Anderson we're hugely influenced by his works. I 'got my hands' on a blurray copy of this, and i'd almost not recommend seeing it any other way, but it's rare enough to find.

Magic/10

baronmunch3.jpg