Gilliam is the most overrated director in the world. Also ripley isn’t a military officer.

Hahahah, I kinda agree. But Ridley Scott seems like the most bloated asshole alive so they kinda even out each other.

220px-Eaten-Alive-1980-poster.jpg

a non-classic in the cannibal genre- this was umberto lenzi's attempt to cash in not only on the cannibal craze, but the jim jones massacre. i really hot dame called sheila is looking for her sister diana who has disappeared in the jungles of asia (sri lanka) that just so happens to be teaming with cannibals- and at the heart of this jungle is a crazy religious guru called jonus who forces people to drink cobra venom that puts you in some kind of trance. 

sheila hires robert kerman to guide her to rescue her sister- and ensure their safe return. head-scratchingly silly and exploitative with enough unnecessary animal killings to get PETA and your local pet store up at arms.

Gilliam is the most overrated director in the world. Also ripley isn’t a military officer.

saw badlands (1973) the other day and i disagree. tree of life was horrid though

in other news i saw these two yesterday:

MV5BYWIzYjFmZTAtNWMxZS00MmVhLTkyYmEtZjkzMV5BMTlhNmVkZGUtNjdjOC00YWY3LTljZWQtMTY1

gotta say i reckon neither whoever wrote the tagline for carrie nor the designer of the the blob's poster watched the movies

Wrong director mate.

I love The Blob remake, got some great fire effects.

lol read malick instead of gilliam for some reason. terry n terrence, what's the difference. still disagree either way. brazil is a good one. the fisher king, too.

re the fire effects that meteorite/satellite crash in the beginning was pretty lackluster. enjoyed the rest though

Edited by flexbert

candyman- still holds up really well,earns its jump scares and has some trippy original fx and gore that still looks great, 8/10

the thing(1982) nuff said,amazing as always,10/10

will complete the horror trilogy tonight with ...The-Exorcist-III-600x750.jpg

Edited by sunshine recorder

deathnote

this was a disaster.

I realised this thing's existence just yesterday when I saw it in a banner on rarbg advertising new rips. I lol'd.

in other disaster news, I just like two seconds ago found out that an adaptation of Stephen King's Cell which I had heard was in the works years ago and was kind of curious to check out has already come and gone (2016) and was hilariously bad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfNpCzK1S7Q

count the lols. 2:17 is especially good.

Cusack has been peaking these last couple of years

I actually want to watch the rest of the film now

I watched A Quiet Place last night and it was better than I expected. Not great, zero desire to ever watch it again, and it did occasionally just get stupid...but at least it was a little different and a little better than most films of the same genre lately? 6 dead children out of 10

deathnote

this was a disaster.

I realised this thing's existence just yesterday when I saw it in a banner on rarbg advertising new rips. I lol'd.

in other disaster news, I just like two seconds ago found out that an adaptation of Stephen King's Cell which I had heard was in the works years ago and was kind of curious to check out has already come and gone (2016) and was hilariously bad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfNpCzK1S7Q

count the lols. 2:17 is especially good.

Cusack has been peaking these last couple of years

I actually want to watch the rest of the film now

the sound effects sound like someone pressing all the keys on a cheap keyboard at once

A_Quiet_Place_film_poster.png

another movie that was just "meh" imo but at least it was better than hereditary. this would've been better if it was a 45min tv episode but as a movie it feels like it's missing something.

what i didn't get was the motive of those creatures. do they just kill anything that makes noise for the sake of killing? what do they eat? their teeth seem to suggest they're carnivorous but they didn't eat raccoons or humans. so did they eat the local wildlife like deer? also, why didn't that family just live behind that waterfall? looked like there was a cave behind it and they wouldn't have to travel so far to go fishing. did they have to stay home to keep trying to get radio contact with other survivors?

six women that have survived some alien invasion out of ten

Edited by Nebraska