13 hours ago, ooqpoo said:

Magnolia. Had to turn off after about 40mins. Was literally making me feel dizzy. Was fun to see Tom Cruise being Tom Cruise though, think this must be the closest he's ever been to portraying his Scientology self on screen? 

Been meaning to watch magnolia for a while now. that has only made me wanna watch it more lol

Also - just watched 300 (or sat through, rather) what a crap film. onto the matrix trilogy next which i somehow have managed going my whole life without seeing

Yeah, just pretend it isn't a trilogy. The sequels are embarrassing.

• Like 2

counterpoint: even tho the sequels are not very good (haven't watched them in well over a decade now), if one enjoys the first then you should watch 2 and 3.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

do not watch the trilogy, watch the 1st one only. trust me.

4 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

Yeah, just pretend it isn't a trilogy. The sequels are embarrassing.

thanks for the heads up, i'll avoid the sequels then!

On 7/18/2021 at 9:30 AM, Nebraska said:

6331a699a3617e81707f8f4cf0d7eb21.jpg

tried watching this again after years. still didn't like it too much.

Hide contents

some of the characters (like alabama) are very endearing, while others like "the hit men" are just cartoons. 

just slightly above meh for me

I recently watched Badlands for the first time, and was disappointed to realize the iconic Marimba theme that I always thought was unique to True Romance actually came from Badlands. and then I realized that True Romance is essentially a rip off of Badlands, or as QT likes to call it - an "homage."

On 7/16/2021 at 5:30 PM, Nebraska said:

Voyeur_film_poster.jpg

i really enjoyed this. i thought it was going one way, then things totally went left

highly recommended

this was good, cheers

spacer.png

saw this mentioned recently in the US political trumpultery thread and decided to give this a go. pretty good I thought. didn't expect to see a fully nude Annette Benning...wow she was quite fit back then. not sure how I feel about the ending, but overall excellent acting.

• Like 1

I watched the two a quiet place movies, pretty predictable and uninteresting? Way overrated.

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSg6b7Qi3wwRzxh9_QTh6j

strangely realistic sci-fi about a group of billionaires scientists that self-fund a trip to mars for bragging rights. upon arrival, they discover an inhabited world that, coincidentally, has humanoids that look remarkably similar to themselves and even evolved with an equally familiar american accent and dames with very forward thinking fashion sense

• Haha 1