I love Lynch's goofy sense of humour. The first two were great. Also, lol at James "has always been cool".

I also love how Shelly said "he got into a motorcycle accident so he's quiet now," which helped put fans at ease.

Seems a lot of people on twitter, Reddit and other places aren't happy that there isn't more background music.

Personally, I got tired of that same slow motion jazz theme that seemed to strike up everytime a woman came on screen in the 1990 series.

This new work is much more effective with Lynch just doing the sound design. You can have too much music, effectively ruining the whole thing.

I like what he has done so far. My only worry going forward is that it maybe just too weird for some people - I don't want to think that it's just going to be strange for the sake of it, with no plot whatsoever - someone on here mentioned about lots of dream sequences linked together.

That's fine for Lynch fans but it will need to be a bit more coherent plot-wise if it's going to really succeed. These shows tend to nose-dive by the halfway point. Hopefully that won't happen here.

Edited by fumi

It is definitely coherent, plot-wise, so far. More so than some of his films like Lost Highway and Inland Empire. I don't feel anywhere as lost as I did with those films on my first viewing. It all makes a strange sort of sense and logically follows on from the weirder stuff in the original series.

This new season is everything I didn't know I wanted and more, I love it so much!!

Guest transmisiones ferox

That first ten minutes of part three - absolutely bizarre. Never seen anything like that.

agree. "You better hurry up, my Mother is coming" Edited by transmisiones ferox

That first ten minutes of part three - absolutely bizarre. Never seen anything like that.

agree. "You better hurry up, my Mother is coming"

that gave me strong eraserhead vibes

also feel he used a lot of ideas he had for the "should have been mulholland drive" series.

and the weirdness is sometimes almost overwhelming. most of the dialogues are painfully awkward and uncomfortable. to the point where i wonder whether mark frost was even in the room when writing the scripts. if there even were any (thinking about inland empire).

has been a while since i've seen such weirdness. feels good. although not sure whether i can keep up doing 18 episodes of lynch dreamsequences.

but in the end this thing feels like his magnum opus. it's basically everything he has ever done, or would have wanted to do, rolled up in a tv series. i'd love to see the showtimes executives faces when seeing this for the first time. wtf galore.. :)

here's the chromatics song in case anyone wanted to see the official video

edit: already posted on the previous page. whoops

Edited by jellyrajah

The live audience for episode one was only half a million in the US. Hopefully it does v large streaming & vod numbers though. Large enough for Showtime to bankroll more Lynch anyway. 

Edited by doublename

Yeah, low live audience numbers doesn't mean anything since viewing methods changed...and i can see why they've stuck the first 4 episodes out there as a starting point, good choice because this is something which shouldn't be rushed and go at it's own pace. Some best Lynch stuff is in these episodes, the ultra surreal to some of the funniest shit I've seen in ages. It settled down at the end into a bona fida mystery set up with some old faces. When i get spoiler tags working i'll post up my doppelganger theories with dougie. But we need to look deeper into Hawks heritage to find the real answers.

i'd love to see the showtimes executives faces when seeing this for the first time. wtf galore.. :)

david nevins, showtime's president, described the new series as "pure heroin david lynch". so i'm guessing after watching the series, they must've felt high

btw: did you guys know michael j anderson was such a sad, angry little man?

Yeah i saw that that yesterday when i was looking up why he'd been replaced by a tree. Pity, but he was only an arm.

Edit: He was 'armless

Edited by Schlitze