Tried watching Fire Walk With Me to get ready for this new series, as Lynch prescribed for newbies to the show... It did not answer any questions. I'm not even sure what the hell I watched?

Tried watching Fire Walk With Me to get ready for this new series, as Lynch prescribed for newbies to the show... It did not answer any questions. I'm not even sure what the hell I watched?

Did you watch Fire Walk With Me, without having seen the first two seasons of the show?

If so, you did it very very wrong.

Also, you don't watch Lynch to get answers to questions, you watch Lynch to ask the questions.

Edited by oscillik

Man I know Lynch delivers the dread but he is so fuckin' funny also. All 8 hours of my shift tonight, I thought about Michael Cera as Wally for nearly every second. I kept thinking about his name embroidered in that font on his jacket and the beat poet pastiche. Our laughter looks just like fear in the rest of the animal kingdom so this all works great so far.

Exactly this.

When I first clocked it was Cera I thought "oh no this is gonna be terrible". Then as I realised the T&E-esque scene that was unfolding I was irl lol-ing until I was crying, I had to pause it at the end to regain my composure.

Liking some of the the breakdown videos popping up at the tube. that was hugely missing in the early nineties.

example

must admit i didnt even recognise major briggs watching the actual episode. :S

Man I know Lynch delivers the dread but he is so fuckin' funny also. All 8 hours of my shift tonight, I thought about Michael Cera as Wally for nearly every second. I kept thinking about his name embroidered in that font on his jacket and the beat poet pastiche. Our laughter looks just like fear in the rest of the animal kingdom so this all works great so far.

Exactly this.

When I first clocked it was Cera I thought "oh no this is gonna be terrible". Then as I realised the T&E-esque scene that was unfolding I was irl lol-ing until I was crying, I had to pause it at the end to regain my composure.

my god that scene was incredible. His pseudo-impediment, his dialogue, his delivery, their reactions ... If I die immediately after this series has finished, that scene will definitely ensure my life was worth living

Exactly this.

my god that scene was incredible. His pseudo-impediment, his dialogue, his delivery, their reactions ... If I die immediately after this series has finished, that scene will definitely ensure my life was worth living

I love the way Andy and Lucy just stare adoringly at him