IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Yes, he was my friend and he died on Friday, he will be missed very much by all that knew him.

RIP Somadril. I had just started exploring your stuff about 2 months ago, it sucks to see someone go way too early.

This has been happening a lot the past year or two. I'm not sure why.

Yes, he was my friend and he died on Friday, he will be missed very much by all that knew him.

RIP Somadril. I had just started exploring your stuff about 2 months ago, it sucks to see someone go way too early.

aww, what the hell. 2016 has just been an awful year. :sad:

RIP

he just reuploaded With My Family, and check out the artwork that accompanies it:

looks like somebody's going beyond the sepia cliffs

Humans thought "Did they do this?"

they misspelt sine waves

"hello warp, for this album 10 of my friends got together and created album art on the beach, here it is!" "Richard, you realize this is grossly misspelled?" "Ah fuck.. you're right. well here's a picture of some rocky cliff I quite like. Let's put some text on that and call it good"

Yeah I just had to clarify because when I read it now I definitely can see why it can easily be misinterpreted.

I don't necessarily think the Caretaker is bad either. IT isn't a deal at all that he made a song I don't like once. I've made plenty of tracks I don't like. Worse than the mashup. No one's perfect, so when someone makes something beautiful or great then it's all the more special.

It's worth reading up on -and listening to- the whole plunderphonics movement to put v/vm into its proper context, if you're interested. It's an interesting seam of musical history that had an odd moment in which it jinxed with the mainstream music trend of mash-ups in the early 00s.

re him reuploading tracks, look at the date for that track - says 1 year old. i've noticed in the data for the voting site the image URL's for the tracks he uploaded with images are still active, which suggests to me either soundcloud don't delete that data on deleting content (which seems odd), or the tracks are all still there, they've just been made private.

re him reuploading tracks, look at the date for that track - says 1 year old. i've noticed in the data for the voting site the image URL's for the tracks he uploaded with images are still active, which suggests to me either soundcloud don't delete that data on deleting content (which seems odd), or the tracks are all still there, they've just been made private.

it's the latter, which i've been trying to tell everyone for ages lol

Very sad news when we lose a member. Appreciate life people, it's always too short.

Very sad news when we lose a member. Appreciate life people, it's always too short.

Somadril was a member here at WATMM, or do you mean "a member of the electronic music community"?

Somadril was a member here at WATMM, or do you mean "a member of the electronic music community"?

either/or I'm sure.

I've been listening to his music a lot the past week. It's sad to start appreciating an artist after he passes away, but art seems to take on another quality after the creator goes.

Edited by Brisbot