IGNORED

Future Brown on Warp WTF?

o00o

Techno don't sell. Warp has big electric bill this month.

Tomorrow's Harvest and Syro didn't make as much money as they hoped, so...

Just kidding around, or do you have info to the contrary?

just kidding around. I'm expecting Sup to get signed to Warp, next.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*throws bar of soap at Oscillik*

*throws bar of soap at Oscillik*

hey, maybe they'll sign me?

this was basically the reason I unliked warp page on future...I mean facebook

I have watmm for announcing big Warp releases, I don't need annoying hype post every day about band I don't give a pig's arse about and especially when their music tuns out to be so shitty like this..

Fatima Al Qadiri was getting a lot of press in the last two years in indie publications and she is in Future Brown, so that could've had something to do with their signing.

Yeah I actually like her and the two members from Nguzunguzu, Asma Maroof and Daniel Pineda. I think they're all fairly hyped. Don't know much about the other guy. I've didn't find the first Future Brown single very engaging though. I often find Fatima Al Qadiri's work hit-or-miss. A lot of her peers in the future bass and "distroid" and this artsy oft brooklyn or LA based electro are that way to me. Sometimes it's banging and interesting, sometimes it's the same dry presents re-arranged for 30 minutes with some pretentious concept tied to the music.

this was basically the reason I unliked warp page on future...I mean facebook

I have watmm for announcing big Warp releases, I don't need annoying hype post every day about band I don't give a pig's arse about and especially when their music tuns out to be so shitty like this..

Yeah, upcoming releases page here plus some other random outlets. Warp is shit. Only good artists are the ones they managed to hold onto.

Hurts to say that, real, deep, pain.

Apparently there's already some drama regarding it's reception. Red Bull pulled down a lukewarm review with some fairly blunt and critical ranting, and now the group (well, mostly Fatima) is going off about it. She was also pissed about the Pitchfork review. Red Bull kept up a positive promo-esque interview/feature up in the meantime. Personally, and I know many feel this way here, but it's ironic that a group that has PR firms working with corporate owned media sites like Pfork and Red Bull seems so shocked and/or betrayed when those outlets have reviewers give seemingly honest and sincere reviews that express a lukewarm reception. This group's intents and ethos really comes off as questionable when they throw a hissy-fit over a 6.5 and a site's reviewer choice of words and opinions.

Sometimes I really hate music journalism and the artists so wrapped up in working the current system. I'm really not going out of my way to listen to this any time to soon.

Fatima Al Qadiri was getting a lot of press in the last two years in indie publications and she is in Future Brown, so that could've had something to do with their signing.

I actually like Fatima al Qadiri and Nguzunguzu.... This is sort of a logical next step for her, but the results aren't favorable. I was planning to listen to this record, but... after listening to this, maybe not.

The only reason i know about this band is because warp has been shoving it up my ass for the last two months, and thats kind of disturbing, i dont want to unfollow warp but you know ... is it really worth it 200 posts about Future Brown just in case Warp sign someone i might like?

The only reason i know about this band is because warp has been shoving it up my ass for the last two months, and thats kind of disturbing, i dont want to unfollow warp but you know ... is it really worth it 200 posts about Future Brown just in case Warp sign someone i might like?

well when is the last time warp signed someone that you liked? was it more than 15 years ago? then you can maybe get away with unfollowing them. but then again they could sign the next afx/ae/boc/sp tomorrow!

or even tonight!

"The tension here is pretty clear. On the one hand, Red Bull is selling Future Brown (and, by proxy, itself) as a progressive band of artists that’s helping push music forward. But on the other, in Macpherson’s since-deleted piece, it’s telling you that there’s a nagging emptiness to that argument because Future Brown’s music actually isn’t very good."

http://tktk.gawker.com/what-happens-when-a-soft-drink-brand-is-scared-by-its-o-1688269706

Man, I don’t pretend to understand this, but the fact that Fatima Al Qadiri, who up until now has seemed to make her absolute fucking bacon on weird transgressive cultural/racial baiting, would call out a journalist for actually writing a piece attempting to think about that very thing is like the ultimate “Stop hitting yourself” anti-rebuttal.

Someone explain this to me. She must think we are all idiots. Of… COURSE cultures and races and things of this nature are a subject of your music? Like, huh?

For some reason this is really aggravating to me, even though, I know I know, NYC art scenesters gonna scene

EDIT: also, when I read that tumblr piece about PC Music and all that shit I was like, oh, right. It’s like seapunk but not fun, at all! Got it!!

EDIT EDIT: fuck these people, is what I’m saying

i think i'm just going to unfollow warp on all the social media things because they just post about this shit all day as well as whatever clark might have shat out lately. gets a bit grating.

Guest yikes

hangs head in shame......turn out the light

*exits the room

another end of an era

if there was ever a time for rephlex to return

grant pls

Archived