IGNORED

What Are You Having For Dinner

PhylumZunami

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dinner last night was so terrible. Giant fuck off bag of popcorn, M&Ms, and an english muffin. Nothing in the house. My stomach felt like shit this morning, so I had, er, chicken and waffles. Nap time.

That looks delicious man, did you make that? Nice plating

I done made that there plate o' food.

Before my current career I used to cook in fancy places in Seattle for 8 years. Glad it isn't my job anymore, but I still cook most nights I can for myself, my girlfriend, or my roommates. Comes in handy on christmas.

That looks delicious man, did you make that? Nice plating

I done made that there plate o' food.

Before my current career I used to cook in fancy places in Seattle for 8 years. Glad it isn't my job anymore, but I still cook most nights I can for myself, my girlfriend, or my roommates. Comes in handy on christmas.

Brilliant! Aside from music cooking is my other passion. I've never cooked as a career but I'm always challenging myself at home with new dishes. Swordfish is fairly expensive around these parts, great stuff though.

That's cool audio, i'm jealous of people that trained to chef for a living, they have in their bones all this cool crap, like deboning a chicken kablam, done, to making a great spice mix for home made beef jerky/picking the right cut to cooking chips properly and on and on

Dinner last night was so terrible. Giant fuck off bag of popcorn, M&Ms, and an english muffin. Nothing in the house. My stomach felt like shit this morning, so I had, er, chicken and waffles. Nap time.

I assume you never woke up, so RIP luke :(

That's cool audio, i'm jealous of people that trained to chef for a living, they have in their bones all this cool crap, like deboning a chicken kablam, done, to making a great spice mix for home made beef jerky/picking the right cut to cooking chips properly and on and on

being a chef is a pretty brutal and unforgiving profession, as far as every kitchen ive worked in has gone. 14 hour shifts, average pay, relentless cycle.

being a chef is a pretty brutal and unforgiving profession, as far as every kitchen ive worked in has gone. 14 hour shifts, average pay, relentless cycle.

^^ Precisely the reason I got out. I was working 48+ hour weeks, getting paid less than 16$/hr (that's a lot for a skilled cook up here to get, sadly) and worked in some of the nicest restaurants in Seattle in every position from pantry to sous chef to lead line to pastry chef (my favorite)

Awesome skills to have, especially in the realm of courtship lol fancy plates of food are the way to a woman's heart... except for L.A. women... then it's cocaine and social status. But fuck doing that for a living, double the pay or more and then I'd consider it again. It's sad to see a lot of people be fooled by cooking shows (not you delet) into thinking it's a sustainable profession when it really isn't. There are old chefs and a few truly happy chefs, but there are no old happy cooks/chefs. I developed a taste for stimulants and constantly pickling myself in any substance I could on the weekends. It's a shit lifestyle and one that's super easy to fall into in high end kitchens.

my brothers making a pan fried pork loin (finished off in the oven), with roast spuds, and some kind of asian style green beans. sounds good.

last week while on holiday I had bbq chips for the first time, danger bbq:

HlOzKuI.jpg

Archived