Joyrex

7 is about right for me I reckon. Although I'd be curious to see how the RFH gig soundboard matches up to my memory of it, 7 sets is enough to really do a deep dive into each over time.

I liked a lot of the previous batch but in the end 28 was a bit too overwhelming.

• Like 4

Just now, danshoebridge said:

7 is about right for me I reckon. Although I'd be curious to see how the RFH gig soundboard matches up to my memory of it, 7 sets is enough to really do a deep dive into each over time.

I liked a lot of the previous batch but in the end 28 was a bit too overwhelming.

think i agree. and since the current batch already encompasses the sets' complete life cycle i don't think there'll be another one.

sean wrote they took their time to see which sets "work", so yeah....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

I think these sets all sound more different to each other than the previous live sets

listened to all seven already yeah? dem ears are quick boyo

?

Edited by auxien

11 minutes ago, danshoebridge said:

I agree. I was joking. ?

14 minutes ago, auxien said:
18 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

I think these sets all sound more different to each other than the previous live sets

?

tbh u just gotta look at the waveforms to instantly know imho

1 minute ago, MIXL2 said:
15 minutes ago, auxien said:
19 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

?

tbh u just gotta look at the waveforms to instantly know imho

Who listens to music anyway these days?

I bought the whole 7 batch (16 it wav) and now have time to listen. starting with Nijmegen (random choice, I did not see them "flesh and bones"on those live dates)

been vaguely listened tu youtube link of one of the onesix bootleg but not have been digging it since, so it will sound fresh to me.

listening trough the store player coz downloads seems not yet working for mee too, but nevermind.just a matter of time for the server not being busy maybe  (should not be a big deal a thousand downloads at the same time tough...well i don't now, i'm not good at all about network and servers etc)

that's very nice yes for shure ! good mastering job also.

....and by the way, hello everyone, i'm new in here, this is my very first post on the forum  ('been reading this since, says, two years, but here i am now:)

• Like 12

Starting with Zagreb and it's sounding immense - soundboards can often be a bit dry but the sound on these is mental.

Playing through a pair of HD650s and the sense of space is crazy, properly psychedelic and the beats when they do hit are punchy as hell. Definitely some of the best live stuff they've ever done.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, danshoebridge said:

Starting with Zagreb and it's sounding immense - soundboards can often be a bit dry but the sound on these is mental.

Playing through a pair of HD650s and the sense of space is crazy, properly psychedelic and the beats when they do hit are punchy as hell. Definitely some of the best live stuff they've ever done.

I'm on a pair of AKG K52s and seconding your remarks...

It's a bit funny to me, I love all the sounds but I have a soft spot for that one really catchy part, I think it's in this one, I think you know the one I mean, ~starts 32:21 in Zagreb

Edited by splesh
clarity
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, neurone said:

starting with Nijmegen (random choice

Nijmegen is a pretty idm city name.  I like to think they chose to play there over, say, Amsterdam for that reason.  Come to think of it, most of the names of where they played on this release have cool looking names.

Also, welcome!

Edited by markedone
  • Facepalm 1

The Dublin one sounds intense. The part starting at 55:20 or something is really fucking beautiful. 

2 minutes ago, markedone said:

Nijmegen is a pretty idm city name.

oh yeah that's right

3 minutes ago, markedone said:

I like to think they chose to play there over, say, Amsterdam for that reason.  Come to think of it, most of the names of where they played on this release are pretty obscure sounding.

haha  ! who knows....   also, maybe they feel like 'lest's get to uncommon places isntead of big cities, we've been there already,  or else 'this venue acoustics is great let's make this one'  ...or just booking schedule / price offers  / opportinuites... or simply (and probably) just all of those considerations  merged to come up to a choice  ... or not up to them but also up to the booking guy like fifty / ifty.....  well actually, nevermind ?

9 minutes ago, markedone said:

Also, welcome!

thanks !!