IGNORED

London 03.06.17 (Field Day LP)

Alzado

This release has grown on me quite quickly, some very nice stuff in here.

This! 

A1 gets me every time... also would like to hear more of the ending part because it stops abruptly and it seems like a whole new track. 

But B3 is still my absolute favourite. I must say especially with this track the difference between vinyl and rip is big. You don't hear the synth very well that comes in around the 40 sec mark and that is just the best part. Makes me lose my noodles :) 

Are we witnessing some very new kind of style with some of the tracks here? With some of them I just can't put my finger on em. 

Right now it's a great time to be an AFX fan

I have a feeling we have been saying this for the last three years, and rightly so.

Edited by Time Tourist

Releases like these makes me wonder why don't i get a fucking job and just buy them.

Rather than blame RDJ for the way his music is so hard to get and go back in to deep suicidal drug fuelled depressive mode which is what im in anyway (if im selling everything i own it usually means im dropping out of life with bong in hand).

Then again this cycle has been going on for the past 15 years...

zen the fuck out then

mmm this little gem just gets better and better

perfect mix of devil-horned-hand-in-the-air Aphex and experimental-chin-stroking Aphex

a delicious AFX recipe

Edited by beerwolf

Really weird... when I imported the mp3s of the Field Day EP into Spotify, it changed the artwork for track A1 to the orphan deejay selek artwork and it changed the artwork for B6 to the SAW II artwork.

There's no way there could be latent meta data attached to the files  because I created these mp3's myself in Sound Forge from Amen Warrior's original .wav files. 

But it's weird because B6 definitely has a SAW II vibe to it. How would it know?

album is so good, been playing like twice everyday

i love the overal druggie atmosphere and that first track is just the best thing

i bet there is gonna be another vinyl at the japan fest, hope someone here can snatch a copy :wink:

Really weird... when I imported the mp3s of the Field Day EP into Spotify, it changed the artwork for track A1 to the orphan deejay selek artwork and it changed the artwork for B6 to the SAW II artwork.

There's no way there could be latent meta data attached to the files  because I created these mp3's myself in Sound Forge from Amen Warrior's original .wav files. 

But it's weird because B6 definitely has a SAW II vibe to it. How would it know?

I think Spotify and other services use waveform and track length to identify music (in addition to tags)...

umm like this release. i like the smell of it. wonder how he picks one track over another. there is some uncoziness to it, that melts into an addictive layer of hypnotising afx jizz. :smile:  

this afternoon i did a small piano cover of A5.

Your videos are always amazing. There are currently birds chirping outside my window to really enhance the track