IGNORED

London 03.06.17 (Field Day LP)

Alzado

True, I am hoping for more Syro bonuses because I love that style/era so much, but this album already is that and then some, in a way.

Sounds so much better than the rip I heard, too.

I think T16 MADMA completely invalidates that favorite track poll now

Isn't it just so damn lush!  I am instantly reminded of Tha when i hear the reverb and that's always a good thing. 

I think T16 MADMA completely invalidates that favorite track poll now

Isn't it just so damn lush! I am instantly reminded of Tha when i hear the reverb and that's always a good thing.
Maybe should change the poll... Will try to do it later today.

The expanded Field Day LP is his best release since whatever came before it. I've said it before and I'll say it again: this is a golden age of Richardness, he's putting out some of the best material of his career and the Field Day material is further proof of that. More experimental, microtonal stuff please. And thank you Afex.

My fav moment is when the melody from T13 Quadraverb, which has been knocking around since SC 2014, comes out in T16 MADMA! I did not expect that. 

sudden_realization_game_of_thrones.gif

seven hells... 

it's true, my two favorite tracks off of this were bound by sound (the melody at the end of Quadraverb) this whole time and I never realized it until after reading your post. 

I wanna talk about the new version here if nobody minds, cause it's impossible to keep up with the bleep store thread.

So, this is now a 17 track album, mastered in good digital quality...

Remember when Aphex said he had 6 albums ready, some of which were very experimental? This may or may not be recent output from him, but that shit is coming true. My fav moment is when the melody from T13 Quadraverb, which has been knocking around since SC 2014, comes out in T16 MADMA! I did not expect that. I'm honestly super happy with this album, and I appreciate how it came out in parts, some good expectations management lol - how could I be disappointed?

Also T18A (track A3) is now a full, almost 4 minute song, which I actually quite like

Great post Ganus and fuck yeah that T13 melody at the end is in T16!

also those swirling chops in T03 were on T08 at the end, didn't even notice until i got the album

savage, awesome album and i just love how he put it out, kinda kanye with life of pablo :cisfor:

now the vinyl rip sound is removed and the full tracklist is accepted by my mind its dawning on me that this is the new aphex album and i like it

then again i guess its a post-album world so idfk, but, cool

Edited by very honest

i wonder how new they are – the "orphan deejay selek" is the only recent aphex/afx release i couldn't really get into (feel like the greatest post-analord/my favorite stuff was given to the tuss, heh) but i love this one, especially some of the bonus tracks. should be reviewed and hyped as a proper release (and i also really wish it was a mass release 'cause i'm not spending $300+ on vinyl but oh well). 

• 5 weeks later...

So track 11 is called sk8 something something but the human voice preset from the sk1 isn't on the sk8 from my understanding. Is it another sample?

SK1 sampled on an SK8?

Am I the only one that thinks that MADMA track is not very good, kind of boring? I think a good number of the tracks on this, admittedly overall incredible album, are stronger. Maybe I need to hear it not on headphones.

it's one of my favorites - the kraftwerky arpeggio probably has a lot to do with that

I feel like that's one of the cheesiest parts of it. I mean hey I dont HATE the track I just don't think it's that great. I don't really like the melody seems kind of generic. The background pads are nice and I guess play on my nostalgia a bit so that's probably my favorite part.

I really like that 769T07 track. That might be my favorite.

Am I the only one that thinks that MADMA track is not very good, kind of boring? I think a good number of the tracks on this, admittedly overall incredible album, are stronger. Maybe I need to hear it not on headphones.

I like it, but it's a wee bit overrated. Gimme T08 dx1+5 any day.

My fav moment is when the melody from T13 Quadraverb, which has been knocking around since SC 2014, comes out in T16 MADMA! I did not expect that. 

seven hells... 

it's true, my two favorite tracks off of this were bound by sound (the melody at the end of Quadraverb) this whole time and I never realized it until after reading your post. 

hahaha so funny, i realised it just today on my way to work :-D!

• 3 weeks later...

Syro Vs London though? Hmmmm.

yeah i know what you mean. and before syro, analord digital, and before that, the tuss, and before that, drukqs. still though, you can't compare come to daddy with universal indicator. they're different things, but both great.

the description has it as a "collection" though, so i guess it's officially classified as not an "album"

for my purposes though its a great thing in the catalog

now the vinyl rip sound is removed and the full tracklist is accepted by my mind its dawning on me that this is the new aphex album and i like it

then again i guess its a post-album world so idfk, but, cool

Syro Vs London though? Hmmmm.

yeah i know what you mean. and before syro, analord digital, and before that, the tuss, and before that, drukqs. still though, you can't compare come to daddy with universal indicator. they're different things, but both great.

the description has it as a "collection" though, so i guess it's officially classified as not an "album"

for my purposes though its a great thing in the catalog

Just to make sure I don't take words out of context. Aren't Aphex albums always well-thought-out comps of tracks from some particular period? :wink: And "post-album world", spot on! That's exactly what SC and Bleepstore are about. :ok:

I believe I've said this before in some other thread but I find London continuing nicely the Syro-era sound. Syro-Cheetah-London make a great trio and I find them having sound-wise similar stuff. I had already included T08 and T13 to my Syro playlist when they were still SC-only tracks since they did sound (to me at least) so clearly outtakes from Syro. London vinyl gave me many more goodies for the said list. London=Syro outtakes? Dunno. Stylistically could also add there the Houston track. Makes me very interested about how the next Aphex full-length LP will sound. Will be intriguing to see if Rich continues on that path or decides to head to some completely other direction. Whatever there's coming, soon please.

seven hells... 

I love these easter eggs. There were a number of them in the SC dump and we got a few more from the London LP and Fuji tape. In addition to that Quadraverb in Madma you guys spotted, there's some T03 delta t in the ending of T08 dx1+5. Also, hadn't recognized before Fuji tape that serge fenix rendered 2 has the chirping from Buchla 200 QUAD...(/or Buchla Master Edit Rend). Should've paid better attention with syrobonkus trax.

• 2 months later...

Just received my copy of the london LP from a realy nice guy on discogs for 70 pounds!! Realy happy with this record! Never expected i would own one! He said it was in bad shape, butt it is atleast Near mint!

(Just wanted to share my matterialistic high with u fanboys;)

Theres also a shiny reflective afx logo sticker om the sleeeeeve. Is this something they handed out at the festival?