IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

Can anyone suggest some highlights from the 4 sessions? Or do you recommend just listening to it all start to finish in chunks?

gonk steady one

six of eight

9 chr0

nineFly

all end

What self respecting human would leave tt1pd off a list of highlights from NTS?!?!?
Or North Spiral??

Or glos ceramic, e0, violvoic, xflood. Gosh.

I got the CD box set this week and I just noticed that both first discs of NTS Session 1 & 2 suffer of parts that look like they are melted. It's located on the white side, just above the text.

Mailed bleep about that just now, and then I'll see...

Edited by Jafs

Listened to the full CD boxset. Like what I've heard of the LPs, Shimripl fades out and all end fades in. Obviously the digital transition is a spine-tingling moment, but I also enjoy the CD approach.

Can anyone suggest some highlights from the 4 sessions? Or do you recommend just listening to it all start to finish in chunks?

gonk steady one

six of eight

9 chr0

nineFly

all end

All End tho?

parameter asked for highlights from the 4 sessions. of nts4, all end is definitely a highlight. it's a different kind of listen than the other nts songs so it is difficult to compare, but it is fucking awesome.

Definitely not a highlight; shimripl casual or bust. Truth is I’ve never listened to more than 5 minutes of all end at a stretch, so there you go.

the song you didn’t listen to is not a highlight? flol

I got the CD box set this week and I just noticed that both first discs of NTS Session 1 & 2 suffer of parts that look like they are melted. It's located on the white side, just above the text.

Mailed bleep about that just now, and then I'll see...

Hope mine will be fine... seriously have they heard about quality control ?

Listened to the full CD boxset. Like what I've heard of the LPs, Shimripl fades out and all end fades in. Obviously the digital transition is a spine-tingling moment, but I also enjoy the CD approach.

I found it weird at first, that 'all end' is not a coda to 'shimripl' but an individual track on an single disc, but after I listened to it, I was wondering that it makes completely sense that way too.

The beginning had so more impact and the structure of the track became more clear.

I'm sure I'll put CD 04-02 in the player relatively often as a single experience and not just as finale to sesh 4.

Edited by Chabraendeky

Whats up with the sticker? AE18. Am I missing something or can we expect four more sessions? It’s the year 2018 but nah...

18 = 1-8. 8 hrs. 8 CDs. I think the sticker was made primarily for the CD edition.

Edited by eclipsis

Whats up with the sticker? AE18. Am I missing something or can we expect four more sessions? It’s the year 2018 but nah...

18 = 1-8. 8 hrs. 8 CDs. I think the sticker was made primarily for the CD edition.

It was not. I got vinyls and got the same sticker. It is cd size though.

primarily

prʌɪm(ə)rɪli,prʌɪˈmɛrɪli

adverb

for the most part; mainly.

That's what I mean. I too have the vinyl edition and also got the "CD version" sticker with it. I just think the sticker with its "1-8" thing was made with the CD version in mind but it could still mean 8 hours so it's not totally out of place with the vinyl boxset. There's no conspiracy and no four extra sessions. Occam's razor, mate.

primarily

prʌɪm(ə)rɪli,prʌɪˈmɛrɪli

adverb

for the most part; mainly.

Sorry, read too fast. The eyes skipped a word. You are pobobly right but I think the sticker would make more sense with the text AE14.

But hey, let's see if we can go this whole page overanalysing the living shit out of a sticker

I dunno, spending ~2 minutes and 5 posts chatting about a sticker on a subforum for the band isn't so bad.