IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Age Of

someguy

Amazing - That so is the music bed for a TV golf montage ! I was wondering if I could've got away with sticking it on Youtube as a result of it being a 'transformative' work but didn't wanna chance it, so interesting to learn that video that's been happily on there for 6 years

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask this, but I was reading Retromania and there was a reference to a "thirty minute echo-jam symphony" Opn made from this for some art exhibition. Does anyone know if that was ever released? Is it like Opn's "Carnival of Light" or something or am I just too dumb to find it?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask this, but I was reading Retromania and there was a reference to a "thirty minute echo-jam symphony" Opn made from this for some art exhibition. Does anyone know if that was ever released? Is it like Opn's "Carnival of Light" or something or am I just too dumb to find it?

The only remnant I have, dated from 2008, is titled 'The Martinettis Bring Home A Desire System', which is just under 5 minutes long. I remember keeping an eye out for the promised lengthier take, but it never materialised. Seems the short 'version' is offline, so I might have to step up and finish (read: start over) the video for it that I intended to complete several years ago...

hqdefault6ljmj.jpg

The only remnant I have, dated from 2008, is titled 'The Martinettis Bring Home A Desire System', which is just under 5 minutes long. I remember keeping an eye out for the promised lengthier take, but it never materialised. Seems the short 'version' is offline, so I might have to step up and finish (read: start over) the video for it that I intended to complete several years ago...

hqdefault6ljmj.jpg

Huh, I guess he did that and then the mysterious longer version using the commercial's original title in 2010 (if the book is right). I'd love to see your video if you ever get a chance to finish it.

Edited by Guest

Further info:

"The sound installation Sonic Tank: "Enter" opened on Sep 18th 2008 and is still an ongoing project. From a 4-channel sound system in Tou Scenes entrance space, specially commisioned pieces are played. 

The Martinelllis Bring Home A Desire System

Daniel Lopatin is a prolific electronic musician based in Brooklyn. Lopatin's music is composed and performed primarily on vintage synthesizers, his record Returnal was released to much acclaim on the Editions Mego label in 2010. His piece for Enter is based on samples pulled from a Macintosh Performa infomercial. The piece is broken up into four sections that rotate one at a time around the quadraphonic field as an allegory for clockwise motion and a sense of aging through time."

Pics:

FoajeL.jpg

foajee09.jpg

foajee04.jpg

foajee06.jpg

Compositions from other artists involved in the project can still be heard here, sadly OPN's piece was not included.

Yeah, Babylon can go to hell.  It's always neat when watmm can collectively agree on something.  The rest of the album is quite excellent, and Black Snow was the right choice as a single.

Hello! Long-time lurker, new member. For my inaugural post on this forum, I would like to second this.

No Babylon please, thanks 

Yeah, Babylon can go to hell. It's always neat when watmm can collectively agree on something. The rest of the album is quite excellent, and Black Snow was the right choice as a single.

Hello! Long-time lurker, new member. For my inaugural post on this forum, I would like to second this.

No Babylon please, thanks

Read the rules.

hqdefault6ljmj.jpg

Damn this is interesting. More here on his blog

Still need to read that.

hqdefault6ljmj.jpg

Damn this is interesting. More here on his blog

Still need to read that.

Blog sez: "the thing Dan's put up at Soundcloud is "a stereo redux" of "a 4-channel sound installation commissioned by Anne Hilde Neset for the SONIC TANK exhibition". So much shorter than the full-length work discussed in Retromania, which was about 30 minutes long and was titled the same as the original infomercial as i recall."

This probably explains why a 30 minute version doesn't exist - if he contributed 4 channels of audio with the intention of synchronous looping, those will have been shorter in length, with the half-hour being determined by the installation's setup as to the duration for playing the piece. I don't expect a recording of the installation as it was played exists, as it clearly relies on that specific positional listening experience.

OPN's soundcloud has long since been pruned of outlier material like this, which I think is a shame. I have lots of collected tracks and some great mixes from over the years that deserve better than to be lost to the ether. Perhaps I should get archiving it back on to my soundcloud (with download availability dialled on) to ensure it's not just me sitting on a lot of this stuff.

• 2 weeks later...