IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Age Of

someguy

no vinyl version of The Station? or is the bleep page for it just messed up.

edit: saw above post. I'm glad they aren't releasing two EPs at the same time, saves me some money. Looks like warp/bleep messed up the advertising of the whole thing though.

Edited by QQQ

So, on Warp:

- The Station = T-Shirt + Digital EP bundle (with The Station as Track 1)

- We'll Take It = 12" (with WTI only on the physical release, no digital)

Maybe the Station tracklist is just a placeholder... doesn't make much sense otherwise

Thing is, I've also snooped around a few of the digital outlets in various regions, and The Station is listed specifically as a separate release.

station-jp9wasn.png

As you just posted, it seems like We'll Take It is physical only and The Station is digital only, so now it makes sense that they share b-sides. Was posting under the assumption that they'd both be digital vinyls

Edited by span

turns out you can now get the cards via Bleep, but only if you buy a whole lot of stuff along with it

https://bleep.com/release/105257-oneohtrix-point-never-the-station-age-of-bundle-t-shirt-well-take-it-ep-age-of-cd-first-three-collectors-cards

RW5k2Gm.gif

Looks like I'll just be grabbing the WTI Vionel RichiEP + slurping the wavs then. Not getting swept up in some pricey oddball bundle that requires me to buy the album and a shirt ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᴵ'ᵐ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵏᵉᵉⁿ ᵒⁿ

As you just posted, it seems like We'll Take It is physical only and The Station is digital only, so now it makes sense that they share b-sides. Was posting under the assumption that they'd both be digital vinyls

Bleep page for physical states 'EP + WAV' (bitrate unspecified), so they're giving you a digital copy as well, but of what - the tracks from the vinyl? To confuse matters further, 'The Station' digital EP has an option to buy 24bit.

Bleep page for physical states 'EP + WAV' (bitrate unspecified), so they're giving you a digital copy as well, but of what - the tracks from the vinyl? To confuse matters further, 'The Station' digital EP has an option to buy 24bit.

well you know what

turns out you can't timestamp youtube vids... 00:19

Edited by span

Not sure if the vibe of this is supposed to be echoing 90s-style CD1 + CD2 single releases, but even those had variations among included tracks (live versions, remixes), and definitely weren't sharing the majority of the same tracks on each disc.

I would understand it if the title track(s) were separate from the album release which might be down to licensing issues as a reason, but with both being album tracks, this just seems like a weirdly confusing mis-step from Warp. Why bosh it up like this, when it will more than likely cause outlets to report that 2 EPs are coming out, only to have to explain that they contain the same 3 tracks? Not to mention that both lead tracks are on the album... now that was a common tactic back in the heady CD single days, but is it a relevant promo approach in the modern era, when people just blindly queue up and stream albums at a time regardless?

Edited by jasondonervan

Was disappointed that the London show didn't have as many bells and whistles as were implied but the bits when the percussionist got all plinky plonky were real nice.

Babylon was just as bad live but at least when I closed my eyes I saw Bryan Adams. Thanx watmm.

Was disappointed that the London show didn't have as many bells and whistles as were implied but the bits when the percussionist got all plinky plonky were real nice.

Eli Keszler is an ace drummer no doubt. Some footage of warning / we'll take it from barbican on his instagram.

Edited by kichiguy

Eli Keszler is an ace drummer no doubt. Some footage of warning / we'll take it from barbican on his instagram.

Ace! Nice 1.

• 2 weeks later...