IGNORED

Aphex Twin at Funkhaus, Berlin (1st November 2018)

jasondonervan

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I have a recording of the show. The quality is not what I had hoped it would be, but I want to share so that I didn't stand around holding my Zoom H1 against my chest like a weirdo the whole show for nothing :)

I'll just upload a smaller Ogg Vorbis version so that we don't hit my dropbox limit too fast, but I have it uncompressed as well if anyone has a suggestion of what is the easiest way to share it.

Also I applied some compression and EQ in Audacity but if anyone that knows how to properly master a poor recording want to have a go at it then I can send them the raw files. Got to go now but will check back.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a767b57p7810068/Aphex%20Twin%20-%20Live%20at%20Funkhaus%20Berlin%202018-11-01.ogg?dl=0

So I have a recording of the show. The quality is not what I had hoped it would be, but I want to share so that I didn't stand around holding my Zoom H1 against my chest like a weirdo the whole show for nothing :)

I'll just upload a smaller Ogg Vorbis version so that we don't hit my dropbox limit too fast, but I have it uncompressed as well if anyone has a suggestion of what is the easiest way to share it.

Also I applied some compression and EQ in Audacity but if anyone that knows how to properly master a poor recording want to have a go at it then I can send them the raw files. Got to go now but will check back.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a767b57p7810068/Aphex%20Twin%20-%20Live%20at%20Funkhaus%20Berlin%202018-11-01.ogg?dl=0

Great quality! Your recording is not so poor, heard worse and I think that's the best you can get from the crowd.  :ok:  The only better quality would be from the soundboard which will never happen to get..

Little disappointed with the tracklist though, same tracks over and over, curious if anyone recorded Vibert set, he dropped lots of afx stuff as well...

Thanks !! Nice recording .

Track @ 3.30 ?

So jealous of those who went.

Was there any exclusive merch? Or merch period?

I didn't see any merch at all.

Bummer. Same at BIME. I’m still keeping my fingers crossed that there will be some kind of Aphex merch at C2C, but it seems very unlikely :(

cool·ly
/ˈko͞ollē/
adverb

1. 1.
    in a way that lacks friendliness or enthusiasm.
    "the representatives were greeted coolly"
    •  

2. 2.
    INFORMAL
    in a way that is fashionably attractive or impressive.
    "she was coolly dressed down in cut-off jean shorts"

High chance that this is an unreleased Aphex track, and I agree, it could be an outtake. Sounds very similar to the first section of MT1.

Looking through some close up photos, I think it's Nina Kraviz.

I didn't think so last night. The deamon booze had a grip on me though but definitely didn't think it was nina

The sound of this event was soooooo poor. Why did they use the PA from the fucking Bryan Adams concert for such an event? No proper bass, no mids, no pressure. And doesn't AFX make sure he gets a decent sound system? I thought he cared because we do...

The AFX set itself was all about stadium-size. Poorly mixed, some little edits and distorted. Luke actually saved the night - as always. Brilliant selection, perfectly mixed and with well-balanced dynamics. And fortunately all the event tourists left quickly after AFX so there finally was space to dance. I don't need AFX "live" in the future. I'd rather book Luke the whole night.

Just back from torino Friday action...hard to imagine the space being as good as funkhaus, aurally..but the beer queue was!

The blistering noise ending was wicked as always ..kinda wished he ended it different tho..seems too standard now. Roll on tmrw.... a lot of people expecting something differe t for the Italian crowd ..doubt it. Btw the guy who soundboarded autechre did the sound for funkhause..he said so on Twitter. Interesting

Little extra texture mixed in at around the 3:00 is interesting

whoa

Holy shit LOL that looked awesome.

that should be released, imo

does sounds like new aphex. hope it sees release.

I was not at funkhaus, but at bime, I couldn't make out the difference between tracks, edits of said tracks, and modular farts/sandpaper sounds.  

seeing as the track lists of bime and funkhaus sets are at least 50% the same, i imagine it's possible he's gone and chopped all the tracks up and is either playing pre-made "remixes" or "live" sequencing.  

bringing along a sidekick (cooly aka nina kraviz's doppelganger) would make the whole loading and sequencing while djing process much more reasonable than if he was solo.

or they are just pressing play on a 90 minute wav file.

either way, I had a huge grin the entire time, and there is absolutely nothing better than getting sandblasted by 500 bpm filter blips during the blowout at the end.  

Archived