IGNORED

Aphex Twin at Funkhaus, Berlin (1st November 2018)

jasondonervan

Aphex Twin will perform at Funkhaus in Berlin on Thursday, November 1st. 

Richard D. James announced his first Berlin gig in 15 years via Twitter this morning. It'll go down at Funkhaus, a former GDR radio broadcasting centre that mostly hosts large, high-profile events. There will be a show at 8 PM, when James will be joined by a "special guest," and an afterparty at 11 PM, all in the same complex. 

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell yeah! Just bought 2 tickets instantly.... What was the last time afx had a live show outside of festivals?

Sold!

Ticket cost really isn't that steep compared to some other shows (e.g. Kraftwerk tkts are €90, Bonobo and Jon Hopkins are £50 each).

The cost of concert tickets nowadays is crazy. Guess it's the main income stream now that a large number of people subscribe to streaming services and don't fork out for pressed lumps of wax in colourful sleeves.

The price is an infamy, hope the audio engineers will at least do their job this time, at MIRA Festival me and my friends had to leave every concert after 10 minutes with earache, Funkhaus Berlin is getting more and more unappealing. It's so sad because it's an amazing location, but staff is very unfriendly as well and drinks are overly expensive. Look at the shitstorm in the facebook event. This makes me mad as hell. Why not play Berghain or another location? Good I already saw AFX in Holland some years ago...

Sold!

Ticket cost really isn't that steep compared to some other shows (e.g. Kraftwerk tkts are €90, Bonobo and Jon Hopkins are £50 each).

The cost of concert tickets nowadays is crazy. Guess it's the main income stream now that a large number of people subscribe to streaming services and don't fork out for pressed lumps of wax in colourful sleeves.

Autechre cost me 20€ 2 years ago if I remember correctly, perhaps less. I think they will just set the highest price they believe they can get away with

The price is an infamy, hope the audio engineers will at least do their job this time, at MIRA Festival me and my friends had to leave every concert after 10 minutes with earache, Funkhaus Berlin is getting more and more unappealing. It's so sad because it's an amazing location, but staff is very unfriendly as well and drinks are overly expensive. Look at the shitstorm in the facebook event. This makes me mad as hell. Why not play Berghain or another location? Good I already saw AFX in Holland some years ago...

yeah, berghain would be nice

Autechre cost me 20€ 2 years ago if I remember correctly, perhaps less. I think they will just set the highest price they believe they can get away with

It cost me £50 to see Aphex at Field Day last year with a load of other artists, but the idea that the price of this show is somehow extortionate when compared with many other big concerts these days is ill-founded.

Don't get me wrong, it definitely isn't cheap, but not completely unreasonable either in terms of today's market.

I hope the after-party is good. Will that be in the same venue?

Any ideas who the special guest will be?

My GF just bought us a couple of tickets as a B-Day present! I’ve been lucky enough to open for SP and Mike P a while ago but never succeeded in attending a RDJ gig: braindance bucketlist completed. See you there WATMMers !

Ps: so happy to fly to Berlin again, I just love that city. Funkhaus seems to be an amazing venue.

Archived