• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, that trailer is cool.

I've not read the books in about 15 years now, but a lot of the story is still engrained in my mind.  I might try and read the first book again before the movie comes out. 

Just noticed that the film run time is 3 hours; I am glad it is not longer than that.

Edited by Soloman Tump

26 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

Just noticed that the film run time is 3 hours; I am glad it is not longer than that.

It's shorter: 2h35min

I thought the book was pretty good but man oh man this movie looooookkkssss wiccckkkeddd gooooooooodddddd.

The battles in the book didn't seem epic; hand to hand combat is cool and all but those scenes always struck me as odd since it's all supposed to be like an INTERGALACTIC WAR. But from the clips it looks like they are capturing the cool elements of the book fights and scaling it up for bigtime movie ship blowups.

Edited by cooliofranco

On 7/22/2021 at 6:11 PM, ignatius said:

906346a98e5ea709abeae241cd6e70234543c30d

On 7/22/2021 at 6:23 PM, ignatius said:

they should've gone w/constanza for the baron

img.jpg?width=1200&coordinates=0,12,0,16

um…

actually it should’ve been Newman

FD46B264-8A77-4347-8E1A-F8A7C473280B.thumb.jpeg.69c2b4930a362889882c2aa76be1178f.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

On 7/22/2021 at 6:52 PM, Wunderbar said:

Lets hope thimothee loving teenage girls carry the movie to financial success so you dont get left hanging, and then be left with one movie.

I think Zendaya is even a bigger pop phenomenon.  She might do the trick for this, but tag teamed with them both makes it even better.  It was definitely smart to highlight her so much in the trailers, people love that chick.

10 hours ago, sweepstakes said:

Yeah that was 100% Villeneuve's bad.

High Resolution Joker Damaged Suicide Squad | Citypng

Jared Leto doing his Actor's Studio, nearly forgetting other performers and space.

Weakest point of the movie for sure.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

I’m guessing this is just the first book? Wonder what source material the TV series will draw from.

A few times ago I read the movie is the first part of something bigger, along with the TV series. I'm trying to find the source and article I read then.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ignatius said:

362670c3ad282acaf7281f03a5a6b2dc5094b41d

the baron

Lynch's baron is so disturbing for me, more than any horror monster/creature ever conceived. Especially the intro scene with blood baths, disease cultivating, the slaves, and that fucking heart plug, dude, cmon!! Everytime I watched Dune I had to mentally prepare to watch through that, and I feel this new baron could be even worse, which is terrible... I haven't read the book, is it the same in the book?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, cichlisuite said:

Lynch's baron is so disturbing for me, more than any horror monster/creature ever conceived. Especially the intro scene with blood baths, disease cultivating, the slaves, and that fucking heart plug, dude, cmon!! Everytime I watched Dune I had to mentally prepare to watch through that, and I feel this new baron could be even worse, which is terrible... I haven't read the book, is it the same in the book?

Jesus, the heart plug. That gave me nightmares as a kid.

• Like 5

On 7/22/2021 at 7:11 PM, BaggerMcGuirk said:

These days, I feel like I have to try and see through all the bullshit trailer-isms to figure out if the movie will be good, and that it seems to be getting worse.  In a perfect world, they would just release a 3-4 minute unedited clip of the movie, and let people make up their own mind to see it.   There may very well be a good movie under all that garbage editing/voiceover, but this trailer doesn't do the movie any favors at all.  

gotta agree. specially the arbitrary attempts at humor are cringey as all fuck. "i am similing"... eurgh. bland costume design, clichéd ethno musics. sets look ok tho.

ah well, might still be solid.

• Like 1