• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

30 Minutes on Friday

+

120 minutes on Sunday

Pretty good.

So, 30 min on friday=Barbican set and 120 min on Sunday = Field Day set, if I got it right. Alrighty then.?

dont know why you guys are dissappointed, as though every artist has to release new material just because their label is having an anniversary..

the barbican set hasnt had official audio as far as I know of, so that is already a treat.

autechre already gave us hours of new music. an unreleased live recording would be more than generous.

the only thing im beginning to get my hopes up for is boc.. just because warp gave them a slightly suspicious 'finale' set time..

1 hour ago, chronical said:

If they really manage to not release any semblance of new BOC, AFX or Squarepusher I would be really surprised. That would seal the deal on them not knowing their demographic, or at least respecting where they came from. Grumpy Gabe out! :-)ALL

Really surprised Richard's contribution is Barbican and Field Day, which you can buy from his online store. (At least Field Day - it will be nice to hear Barbican in good quality, although I wonder how much of the performance will be lost as it seemed it was one of those 'you had to be there' to appreciate it fully).

28 minutes ago, Extralife said:

I freaking love Special Request.

and I guess BOC is a mix? As in DJ set?

Where are you seeing that BOC is a DJ set?

8 minutes ago, markedone said:

dont know why you guys are dissappointed, as though every artist has to release new material just because their label is having an anniversary..

the barbican set hasnt had official audio as far as I know of, so that is already a treat.

autechre already gave us hours of new music. an unreleased live recording would be more than generous.

the only thing im beginning to get my hopes up for is boc.. just because warp gave them a slightly suspicious 'finale' set time..

Yes, interesting that BOC are sort of closing things out (although that honour seems to be squarely in Autechre's hands) - I wonder if they are going to play their BOC Maxima set like they did for Helter Skelter... surely they wouldn't drag out something that old, right?

Squarepusher remains an unknown - I wonder if it will be a mix of new material plus his usual hits...?

8 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

Pusher will reminds us that he’s still the fucking daddy.

Yeah, hoping for this. 'Bout due for some []< insanity. . .

9 minutes ago, chronical said:

A Warp20 Squarepusher soundboard would be so fucking daddy

hes going to beatbox his warp40 set live on air, even though he doesnt have the tools to make the music yet

25 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

Happy for all new music.

Am camping this weekend in a quiet place out in the country... Zero phone reception. Also happy. Will catch up next week!

agreed.  im looking forward to even just some good sets of music weve already heard, anything new is gravy. and ill also be out camping thus wont be listening live  

1 hour ago, markedone said:

As for afx, It's not so much because of the lack of new material per se, but the fact that I could basically go to youtube right now and watch the sets there and don't need to wait for someone at NST to broadcast them to me. imo, Field Day stream was good enough, have enjoyed it many times. And even though Barbican was only a hand cam recording it was OK. Not my cup of tea tbh. Experimental, yes, but personally not the most memorable and enjoyable work by RDJ. To each their own, right? Who knows, maybe the weekend will blow my socks off.

Duh, maybe I was too ambitious by waiting  to finally hear some treats from the lost and found tapes, which we've been waiting forever. Now how it looks at this end is that afx's personal input to warp 30 is  something like zero, since these are soundboard recordings of live gigs from 2012 and 2017. Someone just put them in the schedule because there needs to be some aphex on the big warp anniversary.

On the other hand, wouldn't mind clean soundboard version of the infamous Squarepusher's warp 20 set, so it really depends on what soundboard recording we are talking about. :wink:

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

Really surprised Richard's contribution is Barbican and Field Day, which you can buy from his online store. (At least Field Day - it will be nice to hear Barbican in good quality, although I wonder how much of the performance will be lost as it seemed it was one of those 'you had to be there' to appreciate it fully).

ehm boss, you can't buy field day set from bleepstore, only the FD vinyl tracks. Or then I've missed something.

8 minutes ago, Uros said:

As for afx, It's not so much because of the lack of new material per se, but the fact that I could basically go to youtube right now and watch the sets there and don't need to wait for someone at NST to broadcast them to me. imo, Field Day stream was good enough, have enjoyed it many times. And even though Barbican was only a hand cam recording it was OK. Not my cup of tea tbh. Experimental, yes, but personally not the most memorable and enjoyable work by RDJ. To each their own, right? Who knows, maybe the weekend will blow my socks off.

Duh, maybe I was too ambitious by waiting  to finally hear some treats from the lost and found tapes, which we've been waiting forever. Now how it looks at this end is that afx's personal input to warp 30 is  something like zero, since these are soundboard recordings of live gigs from 2012 and 2017. Someone just put them in the schedule because there needs to be some aphex on the big warp anniversary.

On the other hand, wouldn't mind clean soundboard version of the infamous Squarepusher's warp 20 set, so it really depends on what soundboard recording we are talking about. :wink:

ehm boss, you can't buy field day set from bleepstore, only the FD vinyl tracks. Or then I've missed something.

Apologies - I wasn't at Field Day, so you're saying the set he played is more than what is on the vinyl and for digital purchase?

Would love to hear some new Squarepusher. He hasn't released anything since 2016. Busy with Shobaleader One, I assume.

I can't wait to hear Autechre's "Warp Tapes". Just how many demos did they send to Warp back in the days ? I love this era of theirs, so glad they decided to broadcast it.

(and if you're wondering what I'm talking about https://www.nts.live/shows/wxaxrxp/episodes/autechre-warp-tapes-part-one-21st-june-2019 )

1 minute ago, Rubin Farr said:

Do we think possibly the "new" cassette releases from AFX will appear in conjunction with Warp30?

I would be really surprised at this point if that happened... looks like his programming is Barbican and Field Day set

1 minute ago, Joyrex said:

There we go! Thanks @chronical! Looks like a lot of the WARP30 programming is live sets (hopefully soundboard quality)

This is probably a soundboard, yeah. Apparently the venue had surround sound but the one they'll be presenting tomorrow is in normal stereo. I'd be surprised if it's a microphone recording!

Archived