IGNORED

Warp30

I found myself from the pro BOC mix camp. Didn't have any expectations to BOC mix but was happily surprised with it. With its hazy technicolor world from the psychedelic 70's and the age of Aquarius, it's essentially everything that BOC represents imo. Usually don't listen to stuff like this, so it was super interesting to digest the mixtape. Didn't have a clue what was coming. Was expecting maybe some tired already heard thing, but this was cool. Personally didn't find it gimmicky or pretentious a one bit.

Again, congrats Warp and thanks for the plug this far! ❤️

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sooo..... boards invited us to an evening on the hexagon sun porch, squarepusher went full on bonkers for 50 minutes which felt like a proper rave at home,ae settling the OG status yet again. definitely my three highlights, still need to check out plaid's 2nd set, death grips, end of calix' wholesome moon mix and a bunch of other things. thanks worp! looking forward to the rest of wxaxrxp ? :catsalute:

On 6/23/2019 at 3:14 AM, hello spiral said:

If it's THE Lion, he's banned

lol ffs, what kinda dumbass questions are they @Joyrex?

Er, the kind I guess most people can't answer because they don't know the internet exists?

Keeps the bots off the site

does anyone know the track id for a really nice orchestral/string track at about the 45minutes mark in 

darkstart - sods and odds.

it sounded great..strings , plucks , swells , all that feels stuff.

its the one just before a pop/soul/r&b track 'escalators' and the one that sounds like global communications .

thanks.

40 minutes ago, chronical said:

sooo..... boards invited us to an evening on the hexagon sun porch, squarepusher went full on bonkers for 50 minutes which felt like a proper rave at home,ae settling the OG status yet again. definitely my three highlights, still need to check out plaid's 2nd set, death grips, end of calix' wholesome moon mix and a bunch of other things. thanks worp! looking forward to the rest of wxaxrxp ? :catsalute:

AFX was also good, the first one especially. Wonder why he decided to re-air the Field Day thing. Hopefully we'll have some good shit this year as he has put new categories on his bleepstore (no content as of right now).

23 minutes ago, ANGST said:

God I love Autechre.  So good of them to give these away in high quality.

In their Bleep store, btw.

the streams are starting to appear on nts , so hopefully we can re listen to everything without needing the downloads/rips.

listening to mark pritchard now , starting with a dancehall remix of LFO .

Just read this in the Squarepusher interview on digitaltrends

Oh yeah, look, sure, MP3 — fuck that. I can’t listen to MP3s, because I hear all these strange atonal artifacts. No, I can’t deal with MP3 at all. PCM is fine. Look, there’s no excuse for MP3 anymore. We’ve all got way enough bandwidth. It’s just ridiculous. Everyone’s got enough bandwidth now for PCM to be the prime music distribution. All of that streaming compression — I don’t support any of that, that’s bullshit.

lol

squarepusher wav confirmed?

1 hour ago, chronical said:

Just read this in the Squarepusher interview on digitaltrends

Oh yeah, look, sure, MP3 — fuck that. I can’t listen to MP3s, because I hear all these strange atonal artifacts. No, I can’t deal with MP3 at all. PCM is fine. Look, there’s no excuse for MP3 anymore. We’ve all got way enough bandwidth. It’s just ridiculous. Everyone’s got enough bandwidth now for PCM to be the prime music distribution. All of that streaming compression — I don’t support any of that, that’s bullshit.

lol

squarepusher wav confirmed?

If only

Reflecting on the BoC set today, I'm actually amazed by it in retrospect – there's so much there that was unknown to me.

You think you have a fair grip on 'music you're interested in' and then a set like that, for me, blows that apart, and you realise how much more there is to explore.

20 minutes ago, tmdoom said:

Reflecting on the BoC set today, I'm actually amazed by it in retrospect – there's so much there that was unknown to me.

You think you have a fair grip on 'music you're interested in' and then a set like that, for me, blows that apart, and you realise how much more there is to explore.

2 hours ago, bimbom said:

the streams are starting to appear on nts , so hopefully we can re listen to everything without needing the downloads/rips.

listening to mark pritchard now , starting with a dancehall remix of LFO .

can you post up the link?

I'm monged from a 12 hour Monday shift, and don't have the energy to fuck about on the nts site (I did try for a few seconds before giving up)

3 hours ago, ANGST said:

Oh my god. So yeah I guess it's Autechre Night tonight as well :music:

Rob & Sean are proper IDM heroes !

It looks like everything has been added to NTS so you can listen to them again except for AE (on their bleepstore) and Squarepusher.  Hopefully that means that the audio's being fixed, and not that the rips will be it. 

43 minutes ago, andrd said:

It looks like everything has been added to NTS so you can listen to them again except for AE (on their bleepstore) and Squarepusher.  Hopefully that means that the audio's being fixed, and not that the rips will be it. 

the chatmm notification sounds during squarepusher just add to the "festival" vibe

Archived