IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

8 hours ago, Zeffolia said:

the bolded point is not hair splitting, it is integral to what private property means.  private property is property which is only attributable due to the threat of state violence enforcing the ownership dissimilarity across groups of people.  personal property however can be maintained by an individual, even created by an individual, and thus requires no violence to exist.  whereas private property requires violence, through the creation of economic conditions, once again under the threat of state violence to enforce said private property rights, to generate wage slaves to defend the privately owned building (one large enough to be considered private property, like an office building or factory) etc.

no, even from his own words in the most basic text

https://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/download/pdf/Manifesto.pdf

sorry but it still sounds like bullshit to me. Do banks not count as being 'violent'? it's just swapping a landlord for a banker. the distinction between private/personal property just sounds like horse shit or something that requires buying into a set of terms w/o thinking about very much. like i said.. i haven't read the manual so maybe there's hundreds of pages on this that someone explains in classic academic bullshittery.. but i'm not buying it. sorry. 

as you were. 

The more you speak, the weaker you sound

Best go get the gimp

*ohhh ahhh hurrrghh oooouch fuuuck*

yeah I enjoyed that

*high five*

Edited by beer badger
  • Confused 1
  • Burger 1

i agree. the cure should be better than the problem instead of being worse- or being equal to the problem. otherwise, we'd just call it "not the cure"

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

It's been a fun day, definitely feels like some sort of incoming apocalypse, which I guess is kind of interesting.

I did hear on LBC today, and I guess their news source is kind of trusted that in 5 days time in the UK 300 people a day will be admitted to hospital, of which every 100 will die.

I could actually hear the fear in the presenters voice when she said it. 

Happy days ?

Edited by beer badger

17 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

except those are my symptoms tho

Dr. Kumar says “...that these viruses are lodging in the nose”.

so you can either start charging them rent to cover the lodging or you can dislodge them by doing massive ketamine rails. 

• Haha 2
  • Burger 1

1 minute ago, chenGOD said:

so you can either start charging them rent to cover the lodging or you can dislodge them by doing massive ketamine rails. 

See, *this* is the kind of medical advice we should be peddling.

• Thanks 1

Maybe a strong course of dissociatives would be helpful. Daily regimen of salvia followed by alternating weekends of PCP and Ketamine would cause the virus to dissociate from our bodies. 
what could go wrong??

34 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

i agree. the cure should be better than the problem instead of being worse- or being equal to the problem. otherwise, we'd just call it "not the cure"

I guess that means OK Boomers wont get treated, from now on? Otherwise, the cure might be worse than the problem itself. Amirite!?

Also, after three beer my sense of taste and smell stop exist as well. Does alcohol cause COVID-19?

(not that corona joke!... huhuhu)

A summit on 6G technology was held completely virtually with 400 people attending due to covid-19. Hopefully this becomes more normal in the future in the tech industry. So much of the business travel is completely unnecessary and the meetings could be easily held virtually. #EndBusinessTravel2020

• Like 4

Confirmed cases in my city pretty much doubled in my city last night (bringing the count to...13.) So 32 total confirmed in Alaska now. Guess I'm lucky we're relatively isolated, but we still need to suspend all non-essential travel or meetings of any form.

Just now, chenGOD said:

Master Yoda approves

11 minutes ago, zkom said:

A summit on 6G technology was held completely virtually with 400 people attending due to covid-19. Hopefully this becomes more normal in the future in the tech industry. So much of the business travel is completely unnecessary and the meetings could be easily held virtually. #EndBusinessTravel2020

Completely agree!

Less air-travel. Impact on climate is even bigger than recently thought. They're doing studies where they're looking for new optimal ways to fly. As they've discovered the impact of those lines in the sky is significantly bigger on temperature than the amount of CO2 planes produce. So it might be better to fly at different altitudes with more fuel consumption but less lines in the sky. (please, I'm an idiot. i don't know how to call these in english...)

• Like 3

Just now, goDel said:

Completely agree!

Less air-travel. Impact on climate is even bigger than recently thought. They're doing studies where they're looking for new optimal ways to fly. As they've discovered the impact of those lines in the sky is significantly bigger on temperature than the amount of CO2 planes produce. So it might be better to fly at different altitudes with more fuel consumption but less lines in the sky. (please, I'm an idiot. i don't know how to call these in english...)

Contrails. (Don't beat yourself up BTW. Your English is already better than that of many native speakers in the US.)

Edited by ambergonk
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ambergonk said:

Contrails. (Don't beat yourself up BTW. Your English is already better than that of many native speakers in the US.)

or chemtrails, if you believe they are actually nefarious gasses being sprayed on the populace.

and I could of sworn chemtrails was a BoC track, but google says it is Beck.

6 minutes ago, zero said:

or chemtrails, if you believe they are actually nefarious gasses being sprayed on the populace.

and I could of sworn chemtrails was a BoC track, but google says it is Beck.

Wasn't that mainly a 2013 pre-Q-Anon thing?

1st confirmed case on my ship, and a few in quarantine... Entering OPP3... That means each department takes turns and serves food in the (not anymore) self service restaurant, temperature checks every morning, lot's of sanitizing, fog machines, etc...

I guess I'm gonna sound selfish here but at least I'm gonna be honest... This last week I've been basically having paid vacations on a cruise... So yeah i can't complaint at all, but yeah i shouldn't boast either... I'm sorry... Enjoying the pool, the jacuzzis, passenger food, passenger gym, etc... Just chilling while the outside world is facing the apocalypse... Hopefully I'm gonna be one of the few that's gonna repopulate the planet earth... Shit the IQ is gonna lower so much... I'm sorry, humanity is lost... 

Edited by Tim_J
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

sorry but it still sounds like bullshit to me. Do banks not count as being 'violent'? it's just swapping a landlord for a banker. the distinction between private/personal property just sounds like horse shit or something that requires buying into a set of terms w/o thinking about very much. like i said.. i haven't read the manual so maybe there's hundreds of pages on this that someone explains in classic academic bullshittery.. but i'm not buying it. sorry. 

as you were. 

property is theft, and theft is violent

banks are indeed violent.  they rent, through taxes, the state monopoly on violence in exchange for enforcing the private property rights of the money they lend out, which they borrow to begin with from the same state doing the violence.

money itself is violent, it's the baton and gun of the police abstracted through pieces of paper, all in the end signifying the state monopoly on violence

• Facepalm 1