IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

my intention wasn't to use those numbers as objective indicators that encompass the whole spectrum of the issue. i was simply interested in knowing what the actual numbers are so far and how the US is doing so far in terms of death rate. 

it's funny that you would mention comparing policies when nowhere i spoke about that. i'm not comparing policies, i'm simply comparing numbers. i wanted to be able to grasp the amount of people who died so far in proportion to an entire population and then compare it with other countries. which i managed to do thanks to the numbers. 

in short, that's just statistical data at a given time. i'm not here to discuss policies or to say that the US did a great job or anything. i'm just the messenger lol

Borders inside Europe are opening. I guess I'm now in the Nordic and Baltic travel bubble that comprises the Nordic and Baltic countries except for Sweden.

And the Swedish politicians are getting upset..

• Haha 1

Drove along the border from Hay to Monmouth last week. After devolved govts & differing policies, didn’t encounter one police road block despite respective police forces either side of the border preaching fines and incarceration for repeat offenders.

You can be driving & walking along lanes where you criss-cross between Wales or England so many times times over such short periods, they gave up on big signs ages ago. The looming Black Mountains looked sublime as usual. Old, old friends. ‘Twas needed, simple pleasures. Pen Y Fan’s “Fan Dance” next week. well, the easy upper escarpments, just hoping the SAS ain’t out.

• Like 1

1st rule of site party club is tidy up the place when leaving, fully. Through this method, the landed classes can't moan about your actions as flagrant degeneracy afterwards. 2nd rule etc. 3rd rule is get a proper rig or fuck off. It has to THUMP. The Guardian makes me laugh. One report of said events included a drug death, a rape (not laughing here) & all the trash. Scroll down, different article comparing said shindigs to mindless shoppers lining up outside Primark (sp?) or summat.

In these pandemic times, you have to wonder if 3months disruption can cause this much social & political dysfunction, wtf could it be like if things get worse & longer lockdowns are enacted from future flair ups. Autumn & winter flu, Covid mutating. Or more likely, a Tory govt will just virtue signal & emphasise the economy as the pre-eminent concern, throwing the safety & well-being of NHS staff at the problem as justifiably expendable again.

Where the fk are ISIS with a hit on Johnson & his cabinet when you need them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Taupe Beats said:

People are shit. This photo is incredibly depressing.

Calls for Investigation into Cheltenham Role in Spreading Coronavirus

Guess this was just a posh version back in March. More depressing imo.

Edited by bendish
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Taupe Beats said:

Yeah that photo's depressing as shit as well. It just takes hope away and hopelessness is a horrible feeling.

genuinely curious, why depressing? I mean if you don't like humanity at all I get it, but I've always enjoyed going to horse race tracks. 

Just now, zero said:

genuinely curious, why depressing? I mean if you don't like humanity at all I get it, but I've always enjoyed going to horse race tracks. 

This is an earnest response.

1. I find horse racing to be a form of animal cruelty.

2. The lack of distance between people when that photo was reportedly taken (March 2020) shows that an in-progress pandemic will not be taken seriously by so many people.

3. Not sure where the not liking humanity part comes into this. 

^ I interpreted the "people are shit" quote followed by that pic of all the people and honestly assumed that it was about not liking people. my mistake.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zero said:

^ I interpreted the "people are shit" quote followed by that pic of all the people and honestly assumed that it was about not liking people. my mistake.

No worries. I forgot I had said that. That line came from my idyllic and utopian vision of raves being these positive places (I know it's naive), and then seeing a) people being selfish/not respecting a pandemic and how they impact it, and b) all that garbage (I also come from a culture of everyone cleaning up when done/not trashing a natural location). 

Any sinister shit that happens at raves bums me out.

• Like 1

wish these guys could share the technology with the rest of the world, but right now it's exclusive to their church only which kinda makes me jelly i'm not in arizona

• Sad 1
  • Farnsworth 1