IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

1 hour ago, lyst said:

It's official my State OHIO has shut down all non-essential businesses and is mandating everyone "Stay At Home".  Not sure if this will affect me though as i'm in the concrete industry and i think construction is considered essential.

I'm from Ohio and my family there says that they're impressed by how the gov. is handling it.

NJ gov. declared that everyone stay home as of last night at 9 pm.  "Essential" businesses are staying open, but it's unclear how that applies to my job (R&D at a healthcare company).

Got a friend who now lives in Israel who told me that he went out for a walk yesterday afternoon and received a call from the police telling him to self isolate. They came to his flat the morning after to check whether he was in but he hasn't got the slightest clue how they were able to do that since he has a UK number right now. Can the police even see location services on phones?

Quick edit: It was 1 or 2 days after he came back to Israel from the UK so maybe something got flagged up and they called him to tell him to stay inside and the fact that he was on a walk was a coincidence?

Edited by milkface
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, cwmbrancity said:

Aren’t you the bloke who, rightly or wrongly, has droned on about wanting a United Marxist States of America, even if that’s the country least likely to move in such a direction & (forgive me if I’m wrong here) you aren’t even a citizen there? 

Marx said the most advanced technological nation will lead the communist revolution

• Facepalm 2

11 minutes ago, Whoop said:

Human viruses don't exist in nature outside of a human Host. They are endogenous, produced by our own body as part of the wrecking crew that is responsible for fighting off disease and illness. Same concept with fevers and lack of appetite when you're sick.

Scientist have theories on where exogenous viruses come from but no one knows for sure. One theory is that they come from us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_virome

The call is coming from INSIDE the house!

• Like 1

Harvey Weinstein has tested positive for the novel coronavirus, The Niagara Gazette reported on Sunday, citing "officials connected to the state prison system" in New York.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-harvey-weinstein-reportedly-contracts-covid-19-2020-3

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

well i woke up to construction noise next door for the first time in ages (they're building a small set of luxury flats). this is despite NSW prem saying only essential services will stay open come tuesday. not sure if this is them getting in one last drill or dig, or if this is now a thing (again). they're allowed to start at 7am, which is ridiculous imo.

report those fucks. there's gotta be number you can call. 

^ phone lines jammed, & govt. websites are down.

scomo has asked us all, " to pray" lol ffs.

tradies here too were bangin' away as per usual this morning, & the gym bros opp. my studio were doing their daily boof out, but in last half hour all've gone, so q as a mouse, big storm coming in too.

1 hour ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

well i woke up to construction noise next door for the first time in ages (they're building a small set of luxury flats). this is despite NSW prem saying only essential services will stay open come tuesday. not sure if this is them getting in one last drill or dig, or if this is now a thing (again). they're allowed to start at 7am, which is ridiculous imo.

The east coast of Australia is just full of facepalm. Secession has to be building its case for some other states right now.

37 minutes ago, prdctvsm said:

^ phone lines jammed, & govt. websites are down.

scomo has asked us all, " to pray" lol ffs.

tradies here too were bangin' away as per usual this morning, & the gym bros opp. my studio were doing their daily boof out, but in last half hour all've gone, so q as a mouse, big storm coming in too.

if you run low on thoughts and prayers american can send you truck loads!

• Haha 1

Was talking on the phone to my Dad a few minutes ago and started to bring up the contextual power of the Bondi crowd image. He started to reply "I think they should let the crowds go to the beach. The saltwater will cleanse them"

Fk me! Quickly made up an excuse that I was busy making lunch and had to go. Just couldn't keep talking to a comment like that.