Autechre - PLUS 20.11.20

Blir

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, AnwarAutokino said:

fuuuu.... ecol4 is the shiiiiiiiit

It's shaping up to be one of my fave tracks. I've had some great albums delivered this week, but PLUS has totally derailed my listening.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mic Finger said:

What's this?

Ios and Digit (two members of the forum) are meticulously reconstructing the 2008 liveset, using the files shared by the same autechre: at the moment they are at the final mestering. You can follow the developments here:
https://forum.watmm.com/topic/96054-ae-live-‘08-post-replica-submissions-here/#comments

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So random thoughts again...

I feel like DekDre Scap B is totally savage basically as an intro (the sounds and atmosphere, SO LUSH, love the snarey things and various elements) and also made me realize this album is more like their 2000s output in that every sound and every second matters. You can hear it on every track they sound much less "generative" and much more composed. ecol4 for example it's very different from NTS in that it sounds more like something from confield or quari or even earlier, each sound and each second has far more character and not just an endless "loop" with variations. And the structures as a whole change very much from beginning to end. I love this

lso thought maybe the order is PLUS SIGN as in plussign. or maybe they put them out of order so you can choose which order you want. To me SIGN sounds more like an ending segment than a beginning, but then again the ending with cinematics / epic is kind of cliche so having PLUS at the end sort of changes things up. I don't really care that much but eh ?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, coax said:

made me realize this album is more like their 2000s output in that every sound and every second matters.

Yeah, even in the extended tracks there is just so much development constantly. a lot of the long songs on NTS had less dramatic variations moment-to-moment with the big changes coming at a few particular inflection points, but here they seem to be morphing dramatically all the time. it makes it such a fascinating listen

• Like 1