40 minutes ago, ignatius said:

gpcy1jgl8p481.jpg?width=455&auto=webp&s=

people who use their kids as pawns for their own agenda are a special kind of sick.

I’m going to counter this energy by coming in completely nude with a face mask on and saying “why would you want to cover this up” while gesturing at my penis wearing a top hat. 

• Like 3
  • Burger 2
  • Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 2

19 hours ago, marf said:

I remember when AIDS was scary as fuck. 100 % death rate and the world kind of shrugged. 

how'd you know it was scary as fuck if the world was shrugging at it?

Edited by usagi

49 minutes ago, Audioblysk said:

people who use their kids as pawns for their own agenda are a special kind of sick.

agree. putting a kid in a position like that is a horrible parenting move. 

12 hours ago, manmower said:

You don't exactly get AIDS from doing groceries either.

That just means you're not doing it right. Also, your avatar is fabulous.

• Facepalm 1
  • Big Brain 1

What I understand AIDS was super fucking scary if you were involved in the gay scene during the early 80s. Suddenly your friends were getting sick and dying left and right with a new mysterious disease.

But anyway, the AIDS pandemic is by far not over. It's still going on in places like Africa with half a million people dying per year and countries with infection rates over 20% of adult population.

HIV was super scary full stop. The world at large thought you'd get infected from touching someone positive, from being around them, from eating off the same cutlery. And all this uncertainty and fear only boosted the general homophobia. The mid 80s was a very dark period in this regard.

I was still a child in the 80s but I remember they speculated on TV that mosquitos could carry HIV from infected people and then they might infect new people and I was thinking "ok, I'm fucked" because I got probably hundreds of mosquito bites every summer.

from reddit.. posted by a guy who works in a logistics center handling distribution.shipping of the vaccine.. from one of the drivers scheduled to pick up a shipment. 

pos8ebahkw481.jpg?width=354&auto=webp&s=

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

my mom refuses the covid vaccine. she's a retired pharmacist who believes in pseudoscience, pseudomedicine, new-age shit, you name it. and now all the conspiracy theory crap about covid. she's been brainwashed. 

Edited by brian trageskin
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

from reddit.. posted by a guy who works in a logistics center handling distribution.shipping of the vaccine.. from one of the drivers scheduled to pick up a shipment. 

pos8ebahkw481.jpg?width=354&auto=webp&s=

so which is it.. the vaccine isn't studied enough, or hundreds of thousands of doctors studied it?

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

2 hours ago, cichlisuite said:

You were taking heroin at 12?

as an IV drug user it was just too dangerous. i liked getting high but i didn't want to die. snoopy cartoons, one after school special and mr T with nancy reagan on his lap saved me i think. 

Edited by ignatius

34 minutes ago, ignatius said:

as an IV drug user it was just too dangerous. i liked getting high but i didn't want to die. snoopy cartoons, one after school special and mr T with nancy reagan on his lap saved me i think. 

chengo approves. 

44 minutes ago, ignatius said:

It sure is dangerous, I'm glad you got out of it. Honestly I thought you were joking (as some kind of watmm banter) so I had to be sure. Sorry if I came across as prying or insensitive.

39 minutes ago, cichlisuite said:

It sure is dangerous, I'm glad you got out of it. Honestly I thought you were joking (as some kind of watmm banter) so I had to be sure. Sorry if I came across as prying or insensitive.

i was totally joking. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Burger 1