I took the baby to the park today. I was masked as usual but the baby wasn’t, obviously not to be expected. 
Anyway, l had baby on a swing and a mom put her little boy (probably about 2 or 3, also too young for masks/vax) on the swing next to us. She had a masked daughter about 6 or 7 playing on the playground. She kept running around us etc, nothing too crazy. I tend to keep the baby away from other kids/people at the park but this girl took a real interest in the baby asking questions etc. The girl then blurted out “my daddy is really sick. He has the coroda. His whole body hurts.” As she said this, a special-ed teacher who was there with a couple kids was passing by and heard this and was like “ok time to go everybody!”. 
I packed up the baby and left immediately and I’m pretty sure everyone else on the playground left as well, except for the girl, her mom and brother. The teacher came by my car as I was packing up the baby and said “that’s one really good way to clear a playground”. 
I’d like to say I am sure I’m ok but I’ll probably have to get tested in a couple days now ?‍♂️

21 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Serious wtf :wtf:

please tell me that you didn’t take that pic

nah. it's on reddit. there's another pic that goes w/it. apparently got let into a hockey game w/o proof of vaccination or negative covid test then flew somewhere. 

1w2xx87quw981.jpg?width=817&format=pjpg&

• Facepalm 1

I’m curious if the US military vaccine will be for US citizens only, or if they will export it. A vaccine that is already effective against multiple strains could really help harder hit 3rd world nations.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2021-12-22/u-s-army-reports-progress-on-covid-vaccine-that-fights-all-variants

21 minutes ago, usagi said:

Novax Djocovid

I love how that whole situation played out.

Tournament admins supposedly "blinded" on exemption cases lets him in because of $$$, gov't lets him fly all the way there and then gives him the finger.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, usagi said:

Novax Djocovid

yeah wtf is he thinking here...seems only recently he shed his image of being a bad guy. now this. just get the fkin shots and get on with it! why is this so difficult???

• Like 1

I developed a headache and runny nose and (mild) cough overnight and normally wouldn't think twice about it but just called out of work because so many of my coworkers already have family members catching omgcron in droves. 

And now... can I actually find an available test in my area? Or will I, as usual, find nothing but hot singles?

21 hours ago, luke viia said:

I developed a headache and runny nose and (mild) cough overnight and normally wouldn't think twice about it but just called out of work because so many of my coworkers already have family members catching omgcron in droves. 

And now... can I actually find an available test in my area? Or will I, as usual, find nothing but hot singles?

See if the hot singles have an extra test?

8 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

See if the hot singles have an extra test?

I went to a nearby clinic. It was the only one accepting walk-ins (and the soonest available scheduled tests at places like Walgreens were not until the 10th). The clinic was 2 miles away, and I left my house ~15 minutes after they opened (8am). Four people were in line according to their website (+ the patients who actually had appointments). Sitting at a stop light about 75% of the way there, I refreshed the site, and over 40 people had joined the walk-in line! Wild. The other clinics, much further away & in more populated areas, each had well over 100 people waiting for walk-ins by 9am.

My plan was to go back this morning, arriving an hour before they opened up, ready to pounce. But nature had other plans: there was a windstorm overnight and the road to my house has been closed due to a landslide.

:catface:

• Sad 1

Question for anyone reading here - consulting the internet hivemind: I definitely caught something visiting my family over the holidays. Two days ago when I woke up I realized everything had this odd smell to them. Like Sweet and Sick combined. Weirdest thing ever. It was profoundly bad weird. Like opening a garbage can that had been sitting in heat for weeks, and finding a mix of roses and moldy decaying garbage. It caused everything to taste off. However I didn't lose taste or smell. Really it just radically shifted. It seems most people who lose sense of smell, everything ends up tasting like cardboard. Not me. It just caused everything to smell rancid.

I only tested with two different off shelf tests and got negative. And I was going to go today for the more official one, but when I woke up everything was back to normal.

Googling it, I mostly am finding people losing sense of smell and taste still with the new variant, but in my case it was more like my sense of smell was thrown out of wack for a day and a half, making things taste odd. But I didn't really lose sense of taste. 

Reason I typed all of that out is just to see if anyone has heard of a covid symptoms like this. Has anyone heard of the sense of smell shifting to just something weird BEFORE any symptoms. Like I said, I didn't feel sick at all. But I didn't really eat much due to the lopsided sense of smell.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Farnsworth 1

I do remember reading something like that at one point, can't search for the source right now, but yeah I read that some people were getting weird smells and tastes, particularly when the sense was returning after having lost it. This thing really does some weird shit

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

I do remember reading something like that at one point, can't search for the source right now, but yeah I read that some people were getting weird smells and tastes, particularly when the sense was returning after having lost it. This thing really does some weird shit

Thx for the feedback. Yeah I don't know. I've contacted all my family I was around and no one has gotten sick. So I could have easily got it somewhere else. Assuming it's even covid. I forget sometimes that other viruses and diseases exist.

23 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

Question for anyone reading here - consulting the internet hivemind: I definitely caught something visiting my family over the holidays. Two days ago when I woke up I realized everything had this odd smell to them. Like Sweet and Sick combined. Weirdest thing ever. It was profoundly bad weird. Like opening a garbage can that had been sitting in heat for weeks, and finding a mix of roses and moldy decaying garbage. It caused everything to taste off. However I didn't lose taste or smell. Really it just radically shifted. It seems most people who lose sense of smell, everything ends up tasting like cardboard. Not me. It just caused everything to smell rancid.

I only tested with two different off shelf tests and got negative. And I was going to go today for the more official one, but when I woke up everything was back to normal.

Googling it, I mostly am finding people losing sense of smell and taste still with the new variant, but in my case it was more like my sense of smell was thrown out of wack for a day and a half, making things taste odd. But I didn't really lose sense of taste. 

Reason I typed all of that out is just to see if anyone has heard of a covid symptoms like this. Has anyone heard of the sense of smell shifting to just something weird BEFORE any symptoms. Like I said, I didn't feel sick at all. But I didn't really eat much due to the lopsided sense of smell.

go get a good test. i've read various things about taste/smell w/regard to covid. some people lose it completely and some people just a little or a lot but still some sense of smell.. so, it's probably possible to have an altered sense of smell/taste w/covid infection. 

my friend who lost both taste/smell early in the pandemic.. didn't get it back for months. and it sort faded back in to full strength. 

i think the questions they ask when trying to determine if a person should get tested mentions a "change in taste or smell" and not a loss of taste/smell. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, toaoaoad said:

I remember once this kinda happened to me with a bad flu when I was about 20, everything had this gasoline kinda taste for a couple days, it was really bizarre, only ever happened once tho

That is actually a better descriptor of it than roses in garbage. But it's like.. sweet gasoline. Lol. It's kind of a mindfuck when I smelled it. I sat there for like 10 minutes just thinking about how weird everything was smelling.

2 minutes ago, ignatius said:

go get a good test. i've read various things about taste/smell w/regard to covid. some people lose it completely and some people just a little or a lot but still some sense of smell.. so, it's probably possible to have an altered sense of smell/taste w/covid infection. 

my friend who lost both taste/smell early in the pandemic.. didn't get it back for months. and it sort faded back in to full strength. 

i think the questions they ask when trying to determine if a person should get tested mentions a "change in taste or smell" and not a loss of taste/smell. 

Yeah you're right. I guess I just needed someone to tell me to go do the damn thing. Lol

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/smell-loss-covid-parosmia/2020/11/04/08a24c26-1e05-11eb-b532-05c751cd5dc2_story.html

Telling me what I already knew. Gahhh.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2022 at 1:29 AM, Zephyr_Nova said:

....aaaaaand another.  Partner of the last one, so not surprising.  BC is eating shit, apparently.

Compared to Quebec and 'berta, BC is doing ok. I'm surprised that Ontario isn't worse. Check the cases per 100k. https://covid19tracker.ca/