IGNORED

London 19.08.23

silentvision

2 hours ago, beerwolf said:

It's just my opinion but the YouTube version is better than being there. The sound is perfect, you can see everything and there seems zero fucking casuals constantly trying to force their way in or force their way out. I was stood on the barrier of the fence of the guy who filmed this in a tent. I'm probably 10 metres to the left. he is not as he claims on YouTube (obviously) holding his arm aloft and steady for 1.5 hours flol. Don't feel to downbeat about not being there. This is an elevated position (maybe 7ft) on a tripod. Of course the best thing is to be there and also have this on YouTube. 

Though it was hard to concentrate on the music in the crowd I've just hit the spot when universe evaporated and it was just me in the field and SV81 Brooklyn. That was special.

True but meeting some of yall could've been fun!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, thumbass said:

I dont see you ripping anything, the man probably did his best. We wouldnt even have any idea what the music sounded like if it wasnt for the people that ripped it

I would've ripped it in perfect stereo at the right speed like I did with the field day album WITHIN MINUTES of getting home, but the cunting record was sold out when I arrived and I spent the rest of the day extremely close to tears

Ps how do you all know eachother enough to meet up, is it this chatmm thing that I never ever go on? 😞

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Amen Warrior said:

I would've ripped it in perfect stereo at the right speed like I did with the field day album WITHIN MINUTES of getting home, but the cunting record was sold out when I arrived and I spent the rest of the day extremely close to tears

Ps how do you all know eachother enough to meet up, is it this chatmm thing that I never ever go on? 😞

57 minutes ago, Amen Warrior said:

You will always be the rave god field day vinyl ripper for that  🙏 i will never forget

Edited by Ivan Ooze
Edit: fuck me
  • Like 2

It was a great set but he had already played half of them in the previous gigs, Syd For Solen is still tops for me because it was my first time hearing so much of it and it was riddled with unreleased stuff. Thoroughly enjoyed them all so far, not a great deal between them, clearly from the amount of complaints about Field Day he should reconsider if he's ever asked back there, be glad if he doesn't go near AXS and Kaboodle again but they seem to be on board the Bristol show too. That London gig was pricey too, the merch and beers were off the charts, I didn't go on the chairoplanes and ferris wheel but I have no doubt they were probably eye wateringly wallet bursting too 😆 I'm expecting them to sell ltd edition afx toilet paper on the next tour, twenty six sharts for cash by Andrex Twin tm

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattthegoone said:

It was a great set but he had already played half of them in the previous gigs, Syd For Solen is still tops for me because it was my first time hearing so much of it and it was riddled with unreleased stuff. Thoroughly enjoyed them all so far, not a great deal between them, clearly from the amount of complaints about Field Day he should reconsider if he's ever asked back there, be glad if he doesn't go near AXS and Kaboodle again but they seem to be on board the Bristol show too. That London gig was pricey too, the merch and beers were off the charts, I didn't go on the chairoplanes and ferris wheel but I have no doubt they were probably eye wateringly wallet bursting too 😆 I'm expecting them to sell ltd edition afx toilet paper on the next tour, twenty six sharts for cash by Andrex Twin tm

Yeh... no more FD for me - i'll save my cash for a trip to Europe/USA/Asia next time. Had a blast meeting old n new buds but..... i learned  a long time again to avoid the same festival thrice

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, phudoshin said:

Yeh... no more FD for me - i'll save my cash for a trip to Europe/USA/Asia next time. Had a blast meeting old n new buds but..... i learned  a long time again to avoid the same festival thrice

I'd probably go again being a vinyl whore and the correlation with gigs there and tour records

Hope it's not at Field Day again tho. The new printworks next time hopefully

I have a pair of working legs so I can walk to the front of the sound stage and not have shit sound, an easy fix, I know that's not ideal for everyone but it wouldn't necessarily put me off going again, as for people talking and being on drugs, that's par for the course in Ireland so it doesn't really bother me. There will always be people giving out, I've seen that for half of his career, I think people giving out about the ep and the records will generally admit they were wrong about them and regret not moving to where the sound was a bit better at an amazing gig, some of these people were sober, they should be asking themselves a few questions this week. I'm not trying to deny that there was sound issues, make it your business to not be that person who didn't have a good time there, I feel half sensible for once, I'm normally the person getting into strokes

I like to imagine that after the culmination of seizure-provoking lazers, visuals and pounding music finally sputtered out and everything went dark Hello Spiral yelled out long and disapproving “GAAAAAAAAAY” over a stunned crowd. Obviously while holding onto the limited vinyl he will flip onto the most desperate AFX fan for the highest price of course. Cool pics btw and holy shit Diatoms is looking intense in that photo. Dude has big cult energy coursing through the veins.

• Haha 1

This was afx gig number 19 for me and my ONLY time experience sub-par sound - and ive been right up front and way down the back across many of his gigs.

My legs DID get me to a better place to dance and hear, 30 min in, with diatoms

BUT.. thank feck for that amazing youtuibe upload  .. which is how Id expect to hear it on the day... and how I heard Fever/Arca.

No they defintley messed up the sound for aphex. Thats my only beef

Note: I follow his sound engineer on insta and looks like he was abroad dfor this set - jus sayin <CORRECTION.. he was working at it or at least said beforehand he was going to

Edited by phudoshin
  • Like 2
  • Burger 1

Sorry if I sounded like I was having a pop at you or anyone, everyone's entitled to complain after paying top dollar thats the way it should be or promoters would have free reign to act the bollox, I should probably just be happy that me and my mates there might have been in the lucky minority. I'll probably be cursed to have shit sound that I can't just walk away from at the next gig, sods law. Maybe we were the people everyone was giving out about 😄 

I just had such a good time there that its hard to fathom it all

• Like 2

there were green laser a-la-DFN but just less so than this tour's other sets i think

I'm no laser expert but they weren't the same thing, the laser light show for an hour of dour and syd for solen wasn't the same, they were green spotlights at Field Day, the lasers at the other shows were different, more lasery

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

I'm no laser expert but they weren't the same thing, the laser light show for an hour of dour and syd for solen wasn't the same, they were green spotlights at Field Day, the lasers at the other shows were different, more lasery

If I could post pics here the difference would be obvious, I can't believe I didn't notice until about an hour ago

Defs more laser "curtain" effects in other sets

On the setlist - this track: "Aphex Twin - Bliss 2d G-Major".. where did that title come from? Can't find the source.. not a recent soundcloud  track was it? I know it was in live sets but what about the name of it?

2 hours ago, phudoshin said:

Defs more laser "curtain" effects in other sets

On the setlist - this track: "Aphex Twin - Bliss 2d G-Major".. where did that title come from? Can't find the source.. not a recent soundcloud  track was it? I know it was in live sets but what about the name of it?

Is just this Youtube-guy "Unlimited Joy" who sets those silly name on unreleased Afx tunes, Nothing official at all.