IGNORED

VHS Head - Trademark Ribbons of Gold

• 6 months later...

yeah and it is better than POV by a long shot - sorry

yeah, only a couple of memorable songs on POV. i tried really hard to get into the album, but there wasn't enough going on for me. oh well. not the first sophomore album that's disappointed me.

This one I will give a listen tomorrow - still very new to VHS head. I think I've heard maybe two trax by him altogether so far.

You're in for a fun time.

yeah and it is better than POV by a long shot - sorry

yeah, only a couple of memorable songs on POV. i tried really hard to get into the album, but there wasn't enough going on for me. oh well. not the first sophomore album that's disappointed me.

I didn't find much of it memorable on the first few listens, but it's grown on me a whole ton, as have his one-off tracks from compilations. Don't Look in the Closet, Gas Human No.1, Red Ocean Apocalypse, and Angels Never Sleep are pretty memorable for me. To be fair, across all his works, a lot of his tracks bleed into memories of others for me, and I think it's a bit endearing at times.

I pretty much consider Adrian's discography to great. If I was forced I might actually say Midnight Section is his most solid release. I do like TROG more that PoV but I love both to death. PoV is more danceable.

yeh midnight section is great. i think death dimension is my fav thing of his by far. but pov is his best overall release imo, in terms of it being cohesive, and having what i perceive as a 'theme' of some sort. its like an adventure

I pretty much consider Adrian's discography to great. If I was forced I might actually say Midnight Section is his most solid release. I do like TROG more that PoV but I love both to death. PoV is more danceable.

Isn't Adrian his brother and White Mask? Never mind, it's Kris. No idea why I never thought Ade was short for Adrian. Either way, I'm still really sad that he (Kris) took a lot of his stuff off of Soundcloud. I used to go there occasionally to relisten to some of it, all of which was great.

https://soundcloud.com/white-mask

Also, VHS Head put this on his facebook. http://vimeo.com/105933942

Edited by Xyrofen

Guest bitroast

Also wanna mention this: https://m.soundcloud.com/principles-of-geometry/lonnie-ep-preview

This is an EP coming out I saw from Ade's Twitter. Looks to be a collab between VHS Head, Tobacco, and some others. Looking forward to it!

ooo I remember principles of geometry.

"Here's a tiny preview of our next ep.

Lonnie.

feat. remixes from Tobacco, VHS Head & Oceanic.

Out soon.

Stay Detuned."

Still on my first week ever listening to this, but I'm hooked. Seems like my favourite track changes each day. Jumps from Twitch of the Nerve to Franco Zoom to Nowhere to Skyline and then to Set Pieces.

I love the idea of gathering old pieces and reassembling and reviving them into something new, kind of like scavenging. But I don't think I've heard it with this much intensity before.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Placeholder post for longwinded lopez gasbag thoughts about this album. re-listening again today, now with 5 years of context on this bugger, where electronic music has been going, 0PN, etc.

This fuckin thing stands up. It actually takes flight and soars above other music like this. A real, true landmark album actually. U know it is because pitchfork didn't even review it LOL.

LONGER POST COMING SOON

not that this is exclusive to this release, but I love how you can hear the high frequency whine in a lot of the samples - it's almost like when you can hear a guitarist running their fingers over the strings over the electric guitar.

at least that's how I think of it.

this album is still an academy award winner [academy award winner]

not that this is exclusive to this release, but I love how you can hear the high frequency whine in a lot of the samples

Aye definitely helps with the VHS sampling aesthetic how you can hear the line stage over everything that's been resampled from tape

• 1 year later...

you have to have realllllllll bad taste in electronic music if this isn't top 5 of the decade if not *the* best.

it's becoming a non-negotiable for me.

Edited by dr lopez