IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

i tried watching mindhunters season 1 but was too familiar with the BTK killer story to find it interesting. also, i didn't get the point of them going after the guy who killed his brother (with the wife) or whatever- ed kemper and the guy with the shoe fetish storylines. i thought someone those would tie together with the BTK pieces but no. 

atlanta child killer was basically an egotistical liar who hated black kids and police incompetence. not really sure what there is to "get into about that". he mainly got away with a lot of killings because everyone thought it was a white guy doing the murders and could have been linked to the KKK

• Like 1

Season-One-Episode-Guide-for-Little-Hous

watched the episode 'harriets happenings': basically mrs olsen starts a gossip column in the local paper that reports on rumors that begin to affects the residents of walnut groove. she's asked to stop making up news but basically responds "but people buy it. besides, it was fact that people were making up those rumors

On 8/21/2019 at 1:20 AM, kichiguy said:

Binged all of Mindhunters S02 over the last couple of days. I was quite captivated by the Atlanta Child Murders storyline and have to say they got some brilliant performances out of their serial killer subjects (my fav part). Not as brilliant as S01 but still held up p. well in my book.

Agree about not being as good as season 1. I thought one of the best things about season 1 were the scenes with Kemper. Great acting and great tension when he showed up. I also knew practically nothing about any of these serial killers, so it's been interesting learning about some of the real life events.

1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

haven't watched his stand up since he did a show in dc around the time of chappelle show. thought this one was pretty good

I just watched this. I enjoyed it though not as much as some of his last few Netflix specials which I thought were just funnier. I like chill Dave more than aggro Dave, the humour hits better.

the impression he did of Louis CK's shame after cumming on his own stomach had me in fucking stitches.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Yes, there were some good bits with Chappelle. But is it me, or does he pull off a "dick joke" every time his rant could reach a meaningful conclusion?  I know it's a stand-up and it's not meant to be taken serious, but then at least give me some truly good jokes. It seemed to me like he forced quite a few laughs with his own laughing and pacing of delivery - a lot of style, but not so much of substance.

On 8/29/2019 at 3:21 PM, Dpek said:

Yes, there were some good bits with Chappelle. But is it me, or does he pull off a "dick joke" every time his rant could reach a meaningful conclusion?

It's not you, that's been his m.o. for a while now. Bring up pussy, dick, or something similarly vulgar early on, and then when things get a little too philosophical, Chekhov's gun goes off.

To me his craftsmanship in constructing real jokes with actual punchlines and such is the least important aspect of his comedy, it's definitely about the ride.

Loved his new special (and its epilogue), in fact all of them have been great. He's having one of the most amazing comebacks ever.

• Thanks 1

Dood jackie Brown is one groovy movie (been a long time since I last saw it, don't remember enjoying it as much as I did today). Also Preacher S4 is interesting so far though it's obvious they're setting up a good vs bad type scenario instead of simply the opposing forces from previous seasons. Definitely a departure from the comics.

On 8/21/2019 at 10:12 AM, Nebraska said:

i tried watching mindhunters season 1 but was too familiar with the BTK killer story to find it interesting. also, i didn't get the point of them going after the guy who killed his brother (with the wife) or whatever- ed kemper and the guy with the shoe fetish storylines. i thought someone those would tie together with the BTK pieces but no. 

atlanta child killer was basically an egotistical liar who hated black kids and police incompetence. not really sure what there is to "get into about that". he mainly got away with a lot of killings because everyone thought it was a white guy doing the murders and could have been linked to the KKK

What is interesting about the story to me are the two main characters with them trying to get their ideas out and seeing the one guy ( I can never remember their names) go from somewhat humble to super cocky and embodying some of the traits of the people he's hunting, to where you question how much of a sociopath the guy may be, and whether or not the studying of serial killers has made him lose some empathy. BTK killer really isn't all that prominent in S1 besides a handful of scenes. Haven't seen S2 yet.

Edited by Brisbot

The+Dark+Crystal+Age+of+Resistance.jpg

the film was the very first movie i remember watching at the first birthday party i ever attended- so i'm a little biased as to my opinion. 

the production design and practical effects with cgi is flawless. the story is a little busy- almost feels like there is too much happening all at once. so far, i've watched two episodes and enjoying it so far

22 hours ago, iococoi said:

dark crystal thingy starts today innit..

lulz

Don't have Netflix so will watch as soon as i am able elsewhere. Also have fond memories as a kid so looking forward to watching, trailer makes it looks good (that's its job lol)

I guess this will pave the way for the Labyrinth sequel 

12 hours ago, Tim_J said:

sup with this new fad of Japanese directors making western style animation? give us anime please!!!

That's....style..ist. You STYLEIST!

12 hours ago, Gocab said:

This looks so fucking good

Looks sweet. Thought it was that Junji Ito collection initially till I realized it is it's own thing. 

On 8/21/2019 at 4:12 PM, Nebraska said:

i tried watching mindhunters season 1 but was too familiar with the BTK killer story to find it interesting. 

This is such a weird take. It's like 5% of the whole season.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, hello spiral said:

This is such a weird take. It's like 5% of the whole season.

i don't get why they keep showing BTK if these 2 detectives have nothing to do with his capture. the killers who they do end up catching, to my knowledge, aren't based on real murderers. the ed kemper testimonials don't really seem to offer any insight into helping them catch their killers so in essence- i found about 95% of this show to be blowing smoke and 5% to be somewhat interesting.

started season 2 but again: 2 episodes in and all i got was that they're getting a new office. 

btw: when you know BTK was caught because he sent a word document from his church computer that had his name in the properties, you kinda realize that this is all leading nowhere anyway.