IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 9/13/2022 at 10:17 PM, beerwolf said:

Bish bash bosh!

While watching ROP I’ve been watching Bosch. It’s a L.A detective show. The first season I never finished because, for want of a better phrase, it was fucking shit. However I did like the main police characters but the story was immensely weak. So I still decided to watch Season 2 which, as the reviews reflect is a massive improvement. And they were right. Apparently the show gets better with each season. I dunno if I would recommend it to watmm. But as a L.A. cop show it seems to be doing what it should say on the tin. It’s got huge ratings on Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB….

I like Bosch also Bosch: legacy is pretty good!

• Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 6:40 PM, cruising for burgers said:

inside n.9 s07e01 - pretty good innit? cheerful dark comedy... I love British cursing... shame how it wrapped up...

inside n.9 s07e02 - way better than kill list... also quite funny...

inside n.9 s07e03 - here the comedy fades away and all that's left is drama... neat premise, poor delivery, well not really but... metamindfuckery... goes too far into the rabbit hole ending up suffering from what it exactly depicts...

inside n.9 s07e04 - same as above, too many twists over twists...

inside n.9 s07e05 - nahhh, too cheesy, it's been done a million times before...

inside n.9 s07e06 - too much drama for a dark comedy show...

Torrents?

On 9/6/2022 at 4:41 PM, Rubin Farr said:

99% CW teenage drama, 1% cheesy CW cult mystery 

151E656A-7B29-493C-B516-D11C8C3F8A76.jpeg

I was expecting something edgy but it’s kinda cringe and overdramatized. Apparently based on a real story. There’s lots of filler in it imo. Really kinda fluffy. Could’ve gone more noir cult type vibe but as you say it’s like a CW teen drama. I fast forwarded through a lot of it because so boring.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ignatius said:

There’s lots of filler in it imo. I fast forwarded through a lot of it because so boring.  

This has been my life with Netflix in the last year or so. They barely have enough script to pull off a 90 minute movie, but they turn it into 8 60 minute episodes.

in which show there's a scene where one of the main characters tries to lock a door with that chair trick and it keeps trying different ways with no luck? funny af, I think it might have been in Castlevania? pls help... asking 4 a friend...

On 9/17/2022 at 3:31 PM, Nebraska said:

200.gif

not yet, but that will be next. danke

What is so amazing about these vapid dating shows?

I can't bring myself to look at them

Im watching the Old Man on hulu.  It's a Bourne Identity type thing but with an Old man. Its great

Edited by marf

Finally started the latest season of What We Do In The Shadows after catching up on BCS. I absolutely love this show but the first episode was a bit substandard. I’m sure it will get back there in no time. I think they need to get past the whole baby Colin Robinson thing asap. 

11 hours ago, marf said:

I can't bring myself to look at them

Im watching the Old Man on hulu.  It's a Bourne Identity type thing but with an Old man. Its great

Have you seen Love on the Spectrum (Australia)? It’s mostly the opposite of every other dating show. Actual people with no bullshit social filter, just being themselves. It’s fascinating. 

23 hours ago, marf said:

nothing. in fact, it dawned on me that this particular show might actually be the shallowest of them all (so far). unfortunately, my wife is into this kind of stuff because- that's her ilk. and you're correct. they're incredibly vapid- that is the major insecurity in disguise. 

Edited by Nebraska

On 9/10/2022 at 2:53 PM, Nil said:

Finished S02 yesterday night. One of the very best shows I've watched the last few years, incredible grower.

And finished S03 a couple of days ago. Absolutely fantastic show.

Started Rings of Power last night. The writing is pretty bad. I thought the whole thing with Galadriel’s search party was cool and the introduction of the Harfoots was fun but jeez do they milk the fuck out of every conversation. Also, that elf leader dude is just a straight up dork.
I’ll keep watching through the eye-rolls for as long as I can. I just hope it gets on with the Sauron stuff, or at least some orc battles or something. 

• Like 1

Pretty slow burn so far, seems like a 3-episode prologue to the actual storyline. A lot of the flashback stuff seems unnecessary, and they are redressing sets from other SW shows now to save on budget, but this show has the most location shooting, instead of relying on stagecraft, which gives the director an almost auteur level of control in shaping this show. It could be really good, the episode lengths just seem off. Nice ship designs.

poster.jpg

Just cancelled Netflix as Better Call Saul has been done and dusted a while back. And as soon as this steaming pile of horse shit Rings Of Power is finished, guaranteed I'm gonna try pastures new. Was thinking Apple TV looks as though its got some new interesting stuff to watch (Severance, The Essex Serpent, Ted Lasso, errrr and Reese Witherspoon in The Morning Show ?) so probably head over there, see what I kind find. 

Edited by beerwolf

5 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Pretty slow burn so far, seems like a 3-episode prologue to the actual storyline. A lot of the flashback stuff seems unnecessary, and they are redressing sets from other SW shows now to save on budget, but this show has the most location shooting, instead of relying on stagecraft, which gives the director an almost auteur level of control in shaping this show. It could be really good, the episode lengths just seem off. Nice ship designs.

poster.jpg

That's the dude who was in Narcos Mexico. He's a very good actor imo. Interesting choice for a main lead.

Andor.

Agree it's a slow burn to start, the first two episodes dragged - but in the end I didn't mind it.  Gave you some time to learn about the ecosystem these characters live in, their motivations, their backgrounds.  Really laid some great groundwork.  

Then EP3 came and that was really good - worth the wait.  I do get some Mandalorian vibes in how it's a real gritty form of Star Wars.  Underworld stuff, not always pleasant.  

The only thing I don't really love with all of these prequels and such is that what the hell is the point if we already know what's going to happen.  There's far more interesting material to get into in the Star Wars Universe rather than just filling out the story that we already know.

Regardless, i'm on board.  Excited to see where it goes.

• Farnsworth 1

21 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

This is the prequel to Rogue One, have you seen that movie?

Morning Rubin

No I haven’t. My interest in Star Wars really crashed and burned after Return of the Jedi. Though I’ve watched some of the films out of curiosity but not watched Rogue One. I wasn’t too keen on The Force Awakens so kind of filed and shelved all the new Star Wars films under A for avoid! Just like I did with episodes 1 to 3.

Have no idea why I bothered with The Mandalorian. But glad I did because that was (surprise, surprise) ACE!

• Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 1:26 PM, Nebraska said:

nothing. in fact, it dawned on me that this particular show might actually be the shallowest of them all (so far). unfortunately, my wife is into this kind of stuff because- that's her ilk. and you're correct. they're incredibly vapid- that is the major insecurity in disguise. 

Are You The One? has entered the chat.