IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

neogeomini_international_side.jpg?w=1000

i don't like the fact that instead of making it look like the neo geo console, they went for a miniature arcade cabinet. now it looks like one of those tiny arcade cabinets with versions of centipede and pac-man

http://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/neogeo-mini-console-1202805652/

looks hideous and uncomfortable to play on. i'm sure the screen that no one would want to use will jack the price up too. hopefully they have enough sense to only make a very limited number of these for collectors to buy and resell to each other for exorbitant prices

totally of my own volition. totally uninfluenced by anyone or anything else. i've been playing through megaman legacy collection. beat 1 and 2 last week. probably finish three tonite. next stop charge buster. your behind is mine dr willy!

I am starting to believe that Valve might be a big front for money laundering. They stopped making games and went to a purely microtransaction and vendors fee based economy. Plus, encouraging all of those thousands of crappy asset flip games to infest the storefront is the perfect way to cover up money laundering. They used to be really stringent on quality but now you can put anything up for $100.

Probably not the appropriate thread to post this in but fuck it.

Edited by Entorwellian

i don't like the fact that instead of making it look like the neo geo console, they went for a miniature arcade cabinet. now it looks like one of those tiny arcade cabinets with versions of centipede and pac-man

I agree this was an odd choice (was totally expecting a mini NG console), but it is cute.

looks hideous and uncomfortable to play on. i'm sure the screen that no one would want to use will jack the price up too. hopefully they have enough sense to only make a very limited number of these for collectors to buy and resell to each other for exorbitant prices

Has HDMI out, but yeah, playing on those tiny controls... hopefully a USB too for controller support.

Price will determine if I grab one of these (the Asian release; the US/UK colours are a bit bland).

NEO·GEO Mini Asian Model (not Mai Shiranui):

32149127_631346280541029_116717786686187

Fun Fact: When I was getting into HTML and CSS teaching myself (which is one of the reasons I started joyrex.com), I considered doing a NEO·GEO fansite instead...

I am starting to believe that Valve might be a big front for money laundering. They stopped making games and went to a purely microtransaction and vendors fee based economy.

Not entirely sure that's what money laundering is ...

I am starting to believe that Valve might be a big front for money laundering. They stopped making games and went to a purely microtransaction and vendors fee based economy.

You never know... they might be washing all the money very thoroughly and hanging it up to dry on the clothesline... :dadjoke:

You never know... they might be washing all the money very thoroughly and hanging it up to dry on the clothesline... :dadjoke:

Too rainy in Bellevue.  They must be funneling the cash through a warmer offshore subsidiary to get a full dry cycle

Majora's Mask was so amazing.

Im feeling like my younger self might have got a hernia from the time mechanic, but now having a more casual attitude towards gaming i can appreciate it as a creative design decision

I agree this was an odd choice (was totally expecting a mini NG console), but it is cute.

Has HDMI out, but yeah, playing on those tiny controls... hopefully a USB too for controller support.

Price will determine if I grab one of these (the Asian release; the US/UK colours are a bit bland).

Fun Fact: When I was getting into HTML and CSS teaching myself (which is one of the reasons I started joyrex.com), I considered doing a NEO·GEO fansite instead...

Shit... At least it's cheaper than the original neo Geo ?? Edited by yek

I am starting to believe that Valve might be a big front for money laundering. They stopped making games and went to a purely microtransaction and vendors fee based economy. Plus, encouraging all of those thousands of crappy asset flip games to infest the storefront is the perfect way to cover up money laundering. They used to be really stringent on quality but now you can put anything up for $100.

I heard that Valve get 30 percent of the cut on all Steam transactions. Hard for me to knock Steam itself though, as I've been using it since its debut in late 2001. I think May 2005 is when the service made its first third party developer game Rag Doll Kung Fu available.

The good news is, and speaking of third party developers, I just stumbled upon a Project Borealis last night in the works. And it might just be the closest thing we ever get to HL3. I also get the impression that they are being cautious, so as not to repeat the train wreck that Hunt Down The Freeman turned out to be.

So, in determination to play the game without cheating, am I just really shit at Deus Ex: Mankind Divided???

Any sort of shooting just seems like I've never played a shooter before (I have), it just seems to be impossible to aim without jolting all over the fucking place. Thought I'd found a good entrance to a library I need to get in to sort out my systems which are dodgy from the start. Going through the front door I died before barely getting in, a few times. So, found a way round to another side on top of buildings and it's just as bad.

Is this game actually hard or am I trying the wrong mission??? I've barely done anything and keep fucking dying!!

In certain places yeah, but it seems impossible into this place. The building top way round was my sneak, maybe I need to use the invisibility cloak thingy more but it lasts like 2 seconds so doesn't help too much.

I heard that Valve get 30 percent of the cut on all Steam transactions. Hard for me to knock Steam itself though, as I've been using it since its debut in late 2001. I think May 2005 is when the service made its first third party developer game Rag Doll Kung Fu available.

The good news is, and speaking of third party developers, I just stumbled upon a Project Borealis last night in the works. And it might just be the closest thing we ever get to HL3. I also get the impression that they are being cautious, so as not to repeat the train wreck that Hunt Down The Freeman turned out to be.

Yeah true. Rag Doll Kung Fu was a total POS too.

But what if you used Unity or something to whip something up in 2 days, a bunch of stupid dlc, and then use dirty money to buy tons of copies and get clean money out at a cost. It's ineffective but with enough shovelware and crap you could probably not alert anyone to your activities.

Kickstarter would be even more vulnerable and probably make an even bigger gain using that.

Case in point: https://store.steampowered.com/app/847880/Asset_Flip_Simulator/

Edited by Entorwellian

Shit... At least it's cheaper than the original neo Geo

Well, they haven't announced the price yet, have they?

I really wish SNK would either become a full-fledged developer again (churning out KoF games doesn't count - I want a new Metal Slug with hand-drawn HD graphics), or better yet release a new console and go the Nintendo route a-la Switch.

Stupid sexy Japanese videogame OST sets! Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ones are out next week:

deluxe_USB.jpg

deluxe_box.jpg

deluxe_USB_item.jpg

deluxe_CD_item.jpg

The USB set is limited to 2,000, sold out on preorders within 10 minutes months back. Some of the Japanese auction prices for the preorders are wallet destroying, even for the deluxe CD set. I someone managed to book a spot on the preorder train for the USB one, but I'm terrified it gets cancelled at the last minute for some illogical reason. We shall see...