IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Finished The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

It's a good open-world action-adventure sandbox game.

Beautiful art-style and many different environments. It's also very fun addictive to play. You'll easily spend hours upon hours doing random stuff and wandering about.

However, the dungeons, music, side-quests, puzzles, characters and story are only just ok. It's not a perfect game at all. I think some reviewers only played the first few hours and didn't bother to finish the game before writing their review. It's not groundbreaking either. Other open-world action-adventure sandbox have done a better job in my opinion. It's mostly very different from other Zelda games in the series. But Breath of the Wild was certainly refreshing, beautiful, interesting, quite fun, addictive and the perfect switch-console seller. 

Just started playing The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Already like this type of game more than botw. 

I've bought all main Zelda games in physical form secondhand, but I'm playing these games with Console Emulators on PC with an Xbox Controller in a higher resolution. 

Gonna buy and play Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice in 2 years from now, once I've played more games in my library. 

Bought a PlayStation 2 USB Dance Pad (the ones saying "Stay Cool!" in the middle) secondhand. Me and the gf use it to play StepMania and Crypt of the NecroDancer. Really fun actually. Also great for house parties, I think, if we would ever have a house party, lal. 

Bought South Park: The Stick of Truth. Gonna play it in the very near future. 

Also playing The Witcher 3 at the moment. What an amazing open-world action role-playing game. Very immersive in every aspect. Only thing that distracts me is the heavy wind, lal. Might mod that. 

Bought some more old time golden classics. (just because my backlog wasn't big enough as it was) Over the last months: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Assassin's Creed 2, The Secret of Monkey Island, SimCity 4, Mount & Blade: Warband, Machinarium, To The Moon, Supreme Commander Forged Alliance, The Stanley Parable, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Braid, Anno 1404, Half-Life, The Talos Principle, Populous: The Beginning, Europa Universalis 2, Risen, Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Silent Storm, Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Undertale,...

^ I saw a brief gameplay demo of that. What stood out the most for me was the reflection of the glass, which was graphically up to par with today's standards.

Some good news for the game industry; Bethesda are bringing their upcoming titles such as Rage 2, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, and Doom Eternal to Steam, and Fallout 76 later on: https://thenextweb.com/gaming/2019/03/26/bethesdas-games-steam-epic-conflict/

I think this is a smart PR move on their part, given how brazen Epic are this year in expanding their business empire, even though their game launcher is objectively inferior to Steam and is technically spyware. So this is a big, much needed middle finger to Epic. Plus Bethesda can use this opportunity to redeem themselves after the Fallout 76...um...fallout.

Yeah, there's the Q2VKPT build that the researcher has been working on, and then there's the build that is based on that which Nvidia have also been working on and adding more stuff to — I think this is the one that most people are seeing at the moment. This is the one that I am looking forward to playing with. The Q2VKPT build is alright, but the Nvidia one is much more impressive.

With regard to the Epic Games Store debacle, I'm most definitely not buying anything on that shite, and it's really disappointing that Control is going to be a year long exclusive on there...I was really looking forward to that. It's okay though in the long run, because if I can wait a year to play the game, it means I can also wait for the sale so I won't even be paying full price for it. Fuck you Epic Games.

They snatched up Control also? That's what I was afraid of. Bastards..

Half of the games I was looking forward to this year, my anticipation fell through for, all because of Epic. But at least Bethesda are on our side. Oh, and Ion Maiden should be finished soon.

Yeah, unfortunately Control is on there. Like I said, works out in the long run because I won't be paying full price for it as I'll just wait for it to show in a sale. Yeah I'm looking forward to DOOM Eternal and Ion Maiden, deffo! Also Prodeus looks proper nice

Dreams early access in two weeks:

Might pick this up. The beta was fun. Lots of really cool stuff people were able to make in just a few weeks. I can't imagine the stuff people will be able to create a few months from now

red dead is good. and easy. and nice and long. 

ive got to say, as i get older, easy is very beneficial. month long bouts of practicing computer games increasingly feels like a complete waste of my mortal time on earth. the witcher was basically my perfect game. stoat about a beautiful set of fields and forests chatting to people and occasionally swinging your sword through a ghost. 

Risk of Rain 2 just dropped out of nowhere. Well, sort of. I knew it was in development, but probably forgot about it. But anyway, it's available now (in early access)

I just put my first hour into it and I can see why it's been getting Overwhelmingly Positive reviews on Steam. You're constantly on your toes, running around, fighting the never-ending onslaught of hostile locals, all while looting chests, recruiting companion drones, and acquiring power-ups along the way. What's not to like.

And it's rogue-like just like the first game. I think the maps are all procedurally generated as well. Because every time I started a new playthrough it was different.

Blablabla. Point is, Hopoo basically took their first RoR game from 2013 and infused it with a third dimension. And the result is beautiful. Certainly twenty bucks I don't regret spending.

fucking GOT EM

Sekiro update for me:

Chick with a guitar wearing a bucket on her head absolutely destroying me. Not even close. Cannot even damage her vitality. Awful.

Risk of Rain 2 just dropped out of nowhere.

This looks great. I put a bit of time in the first one and told myself to get back to it sometime, it's a good little rogue-like. I might just jump into this sequel though.

red dead is good. and easy. and nice and long. 

ive got to say, as i get older, easy is very beneficial. month long bouts of practicing computer games increasingly feels like a complete waste of my mortal time on earth. the witcher was basically my perfect game. stoat about a beautiful set of fields and forests chatting to people and occasionally swinging your sword through a ghost. 

i want to have fun, not "grind" and get frustrated. the "feeling of accomplishment" of being "good" at a game is completely shallow and pathetic imo, esp given the amount of time that shit takes. games are fun to just muck about with and let off some steam. and by that i mean get a lap dance in GTA V, get caught by the bouncer and then go on a pulse nightclub style shooting when they throw you out. that's fun. americans are mentally ill.

i haven't. 

but i watch giantbomb (paid website where you pay a monthly fee to watch adults play videogames) and the dude on that site has one. some of the cores seem to work totally fine, like certain old arcade ones. old 80s computers working totally fine, booting the OS and booting games as they should. i think the commodore 64 was taking minutes to boot up a game which seemed weird. other cores seemed more temperamental, buggy and needing ironed out. 

but the whole thing seems like a fun hobby that's gonna keep you engaged for a good while, and is constantly getting updates from the community it seems. like, anyone can find ways to boot up Jill of the jungle on their home computer i imagine, but the act of building the MISTER and then booting Jill of the jungle from that seems way more fun somehow lol. 

i almost bit the bullet cos the hobbyist side of it was intriguing to me. kinda reminds me of like building a eurorack modular case but for old videogames??

Edited by bitchroast