IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Trailer for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl. Releasing next year on 28 April 2022.

Trailer for Atomic Heart. Looks crazy.

Trailer for Replaced. Beautiful art style.

Trailer for The Outer Worlds 2. Lollers.

Edited by MaartenVC

fuck yeah, Staukirr 2 and Dildo Ring.

on a related topic: who here has built a new pc in the last 12 months? or is considering it? my current one is going on 8 years old now and while it still does the things I want with ease, it's obviously not going to stack up against current and next-gen titles when I look to get into them. now is an exceptionally bad time to build a new pc what with the chip shortage, production problems, distribution problems etc. causing video cards that would normally be in affordable range to rocket into the thousands of dollars, if you can even get your hands on one.

will this situation revert to the pre-covid state or is this the new normal? Nvidia has said the shortage is expected to continue for the rest of this year at least. I'm wondering, is it going to be permanently more costly and troublesome to build a new pc going forward?

13 hours ago, usagi said:

on a related topic: who here has built a new pc in the last 12 months?

Nobody... because there aren't any fuskfjolasjfeflisefjlj!lhk3rkhw3rhk3nhf! graphics cards... ?

I started playing it and after about 12 hours I realized I probably would never finish it. Never touched it again. It was good though, but it's needy. Doesn't value your time. I mean, 12 hours is plenty for me, close to the limit of how much time I'll spend on a game. I feel most games are too long, but here I felt I had barely scratched the surface. It's probably great if you have unlimited free time.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Silent Member said:

I started playing it and after about 12 hours I realized I probably would never finish it. Never touched it again. It was good though, but it's needy. Doesn't value your time. I mean, 12 hours is plenty for me, close to the limit of how much time I'll spend on a game. I feel most games are too long, but here I felt I had barely scratched the surface. It's probably great if you have unlimited free time.

- Looks at total playtime on Control - Yeeeaaaahhhh...

• Haha 3

Has anyone else here played the original Japanese Super Mario Bros 2 also known outside Japan as the Lost Levels? Holy fuck it's brutal. It's not just difficult, it's evil. There are warp zones that take you back, all sorts of sudden unexpected death traps, invisible blocks you need to find to progress, you need to be a small Mario in order to finish one of the levels and the only new power up is a mushroom that will kill you and it appears right at the beginning of the first level. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zkom said:

Has anyone else here played the original Japanese Super Mario Bros 2 also known outside Japan as the Lost Levels? Holy fuck it's brutal. It's not just difficult, it's evil. There are warp zones that take you back, all sorts of sudden unexpected death traps, invisible blocks you need to find to progress, you need to be a small Mario in order to finish one of the levels and the only new power up is a mushroom that will kill you and it appears right at the beginning of the first level. ?

Haha, yeah, also known as Super Mario USA.
It's nuts. I can't remember every single detail of the story, but Nintendo had a quality assurance guy in the US who would play through all of their games and when it came to The Lost Levels he was like, "we can't release that in the US...". So they took Doki Doki Panic and changed into a Mario game.

Once you're done playing that you should try out Super Mario Special for the PC88 or just watch Jeff Gerstmann play it. It starts out fine and then turns into a fucking nightmare.

• Like 2

Late to the party with RDR2 as well. Started two months ago, and with job and family I don't have a lot of spare time, but I have an hour or two now and then, and I just recently completed the story missions. After playing shooters since I was a kid, I've enjoyed more open world history driven games for the last few years. I don't have another game waiting, and I have no hurries finishing this one. I enjoy just being in the Wild West riding around doing sidequests and bountys. A few nights ago I had a few single malts and just roamed around and was ambushed twice at camp and in a forest at night, scaring the hell out of me. It's funny how strange things happen if you decide to travel without any particular goal.

• Like 1

Wish they wouldn't outsource the online mode for RDR2, it's such a shitshow. Besides that it was definitely mesmerising, especially the tech/random handcrafted moments. Staring at someone at the camp for a few minutes blew my mind, they get angry and confused and eventually someone comes and punches you in the face for being a weirdo. Couldn't stop laughing

2 minutes ago, chronical said:

Wish they wouldn't outsource the online mode for RDR2, it's such a shitshow. Besides that it was definitely mesmerising, especially the tech/random handcrafted moments. Staring at someone at the camp for a few minutes blew my mind, they get angry and confused and eventually someone comes and punches you in the face for being a weirdo. Couldn't stop laughing

• Burger 1

As much as time I spent playing BOTW during the pandemic I hope I'm not still stuck at home playing video games when the sequel comes out, sorry Nintendo. Also it doesn't look like much of an improvement to the first one which was released over 4 years ago already? But in case I'm somehow in some fucking lockdown or quarantine then I guess I'll get it but I'm hoping my Switch is just collecting dust at that point.

• Like 1

Just now, zkom said:

As much as time I spent playing BOTW during the pandemic I hope I'm not still stuck at home playing video games when the sequel comes out, sorry Nintendo. Also it doesn't look like much of an improvement to the first one which was released over 4 years ago already? But in case I'm somehow in some fucking lockdown or quarantine then I guess I'll get it but I'm hoping my Switch is just collecting dust at that point.

The only thing I wanted to see is more enemy variety and they showed the same goblin designs again. Oh and a couple of them are sitting on a stone golem. *owen wilson wow*