IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

27 minutes ago, MaartenVC said:

I really hope the devs and their families are all ok and in safety. And that they can continue their work on their new game.
The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games were quite special for the time: blending Role-Playing, Open-World, Survival and Shooter elements all together in a gritty immersive post-apocalyptic real-world setting.
Nowadays this blend of genres is rather common: Fallout, Dying Light, Metro,...
But for some reason the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series still feels surprisingly unique, maybe because of the atmosphere and cultural difference.
If you plan on playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl (2007) I recommend looking up some mods reducing instability and bugs though.

I spent hundreds of hours in the Stalker OGSE mod. one of the best immersive FPS experiences I've ever had. I can't even explain why really, it's the absence of the standard shooter tropes and the emphasis on the minimalism and realism that makes the series special, especially with the enormous amount of work put in by modders. the Zone creates its own experiences. I never even finished the storyline because it was just too much fun exploring.

I'd like to dive back in at some point. I was looking up which mods are good these days and Anomaly gets a lot of love.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2022 at 2:33 AM, MaartenVC said:

I really hope the devs and their families are all ok and in safety. And that they can continue their work on their new game.
The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games were quite special for the time: blending Role-Playing, Open-World, Survival and Shooter elements all together in a gritty immersive post-apocalyptic real-world setting.
Nowadays this blend of genres is rather common: Fallout, Dying Light, Metro,...
But for some reason the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series still feels surprisingly unique, maybe because of the atmosphere and cultural difference.
If you plan on playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl (2007) I recommend looking up some mods reducing instability and bugs though.

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Complete mod has been my go-to for both SoC and CoP for the past decade. It's the most stable S.T.A.L.K.E.R. experience I've had yet, even if gets a lot of flak from fans for some reason.

And I agree, it truly is a special franchise. SoC predates Fallout 3 in terms of a post-apocalypse open-world setting. And it's based on both the 1979 film S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and the Soviet-era sci-fi novel Roadside Picnic from the same decade (which I still need to read). But yeah, most important is the safety and well-being of the GSC Gameworld team and their families & friends. Gotta admire their tenacity in these times.

EDIT: Here's a video update directly from the devs that I missed before making this post

Edited by ambermonke
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, cloud capture said:

After clearing this area and resetting at the grace point, I rolled one up and listened to her sing for a while looking over the cliffside.  The area is unique, and the boss nearby ended up giving a lot of runes.  It's a wicked bat lady just vibing with her bat homie.  Sounds like some ancient Latin.  Was going to capture the audio to share but someone already has an hour long loop of it up:

yeah that part was quite lolsy, i mean the reveal of the source of the singing...

done with first playthrough btw. ? sure i missed quite alot of stuff (only now reading about dozens of npc quests, didn't want to spoil anything before getting to one of the endings* first... also didn't bother respecing for some of the puzzles i didn't have int for etc.) but at least i got all (optional) bosses and cleared all caves n dungeons i could find.

what a ride.

Spoiler

*went with fia. she was kind to me.

Edited by jaderpansen
  • Like 2

I’m back on Elden Ring due to GT7 servers being messed up.

I’m currently level 61 and just mashed up  Godrick the Grafted on my first attempt. My reasons for this are that I thought I had already killed him but the rune didn’t drop and I assumed the game had screwed up - I sniped what I thought was Godrick from afar and thought it was punishment for that but it was some other multiple armed fuckpig that doesn’t respawn. I just went off exploring other area’s and did some grinding. 

Suddenly a bunch of stuff has opened up and the game makes a bit more sense ?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Grain Bastard said:

I’m back on Elden Ring due to GT7 servers being messed up.

I’m currently level 61 and just mashed up  Godrick the Grafted on my first attempt. My reasons for this are that I thought I had already killed him but the rune didn’t drop and I assumed the game had screwed up - I sniped what I thought was Godrick from afar and thought it was punishment for that but it was some other multiple armed fuckpig that doesn’t respawn. I just went off exploring other area’s and did some grinding. 

Suddenly a bunch of stuff has opened up and the game makes a bit more sense ?

Admit it, he killed you right as you killed him :duckhunt: The great runes etc. don't drop at bosses until you see the NIGHTMARE DEFEATED or whatever

59 minutes ago, chronical said:

Admit it, he killed you right as you killed him :duckhunt: The great runes etc. don't drop at bosses until you see the NIGHTMARE DEFEATED or whatever

Lol - I’ll admit I was necking a flask at the time either the NPC I summoned or the old boy’s spirit ashes dealt the final blow ?

Even Sean Bean seems my friend now ??

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, logakght said:

Alien: Isolation in Nightmare mode. First time playing it.

Loved that game, played through it on PC and eventually on PS4 again with my cousin.. The fact that the alien learns from your moves is so mad. They really got the atmosphere down ?

• Like 1

this one really stuck out to me:

phew... and it's just a minibosses' theme.

also this struck me as almost ligetian:

absolutely mesmerizing.

already looking forward to the inevitable endgame dlc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

this one really stuck out to me:

phew... and it's just a minibosses' theme.

also this struck me as almost ligetian:

absolutely mesmerizing.

already looking forward to the inevitable endgame dlc.

avoiding spoilers so not watching these vids but elden ring is the shit

Zelda: BOTW - kinda slept on it originally but now it's become a family thing. Really been having a blast - its the perfect blend of hack n slash and puzzles and looks pretty and doesn't punish you (it's like an anti-Elden Ring).

• Like 4