The Green Inferno - cannibal munchies/10 - This movie is racist towards yellow and black cannibals. the red cannibals were over represented, while the yellow and black cannibals were token cannibals. the red cannibals are always tryin to keep them down, because red cannibals are The Man. I'd recommend yellow and black cannibal viewers avoid this film, as it reinforces the stereotype that red cannibals are superior.

Guest bitroast

watched Seven Samurai last night. long but ... sooo good. every shot was a treat to watch. perfect framing, etc. lush backdrops with trees blowing in wind. great film.

might go on a bit of a akira kurosawa binge now.

any other classic japanese films outside akira kurosawa please recommend :> also keen to watch more toshiro mifune.

think im gonna do Hidden Fortress next (with Yojimbo to follow)

watched Seven Samurai last night. long but ... sooo good. every shot was a treat to watch. perfect framing, etc. lush backdrops with trees blowing in wind. great film.

any other classic japanese films outside akira kurosawa please recommend :> also keen to watch more toshiro mifune.

you're in for a treat.

Rashomon if you got a kick out of the framing, the samurai epics like Ran are a feast, but its a rare instance of watch everything

you might like Kwaidan by Kobayashi (1964), its a mixture of ghost stories and perfect for winter, a bit like Fellini's Juliet of the Spirits for colour explosion

(plus check the section with the eyes in the snowy skies):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058279/

1118full-kwaidan-screenshot.jpg

Guest bitroast

Rashomon if you got a kick out of the framing, the samurai epics like Ran are a feast, but its a rare instance of watch everything

you might like Kwaidan by Kobayashi (1964), its a mixture of ghost stories and perfect for winter, a bit like Fellini's Juliet of the Spirits for colour explosion

(plus check the section with the eyes in the snowy skies):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058279/

nice ty for the recommendations!! (( more always welcome :))

was looking through Akira Kurosawa and spotted Kagemusha. holy shit, i cant wait to see that one based on the screenshots alone.

WHAT

akirasan.jpg

!!!

kagemusha.jpg

Kagemusha.png

those stills are beautiful bitroast. I have a Kurosawa samurai film collection I've yet to watch, better bump that up my list.

Kwaidan looks great as well, will seek it out.

Kwaidan is great, very stylish horror anthology. Definitely check it out.

I've never seen a Kurosawa film that wasn't worth it, the man was a genius.

Edit. For the sake of clarity, I know Kwaidan isn't by Kurosawa, I'm not an idiot even if I may appear like one. Frequently.

Edited by Gocab

lol ^

I got drunk in true Bukowski fashion last night and watched Factotum. Got too drunk to fully apreesh but it was good from what I could tell. Had no idea it was made into a film until I saw the DVD in a shop randomly a few weeks ago.

fantastic news! thanks for bringing it up man.

man i remember screening the first one at midnite and thinking it was so sick that dude rode into battle on a unicorn.

hollywood needs more unicorn cavalry

fantastic news! thanks for bringing it up man.

lol

Moviegoers attending the first screenings of Michael Bay’s 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi tonight found a true surprise preceding the film in the form of a trailer for director Dan Trachtenberg‘s upcoming Paramount Pictures thriller. The film, formerly known as first The Cellar and later Valencia, is now being released under the title 10 Cloverfield Lane and stars Mary Elizabeth Winstead, John Goodman and John Gallagher, Jr. What’s more, there’s a heavy implication that the March 11 release is secretly the long-awaited sequel to Matt Reeves’ 2008 hit Cloverfield.

“The idea came up a long time ago during production,” J.J. Abrams said via an official statement from Paramount. “We wanted to make it a blood relative of ‘Cloverfield’. The idea was developed over time. We wanted to hold back the title for as long as possible.”

It’s unclear exactly how directly this “blood relative” will serve as a Cloverfield sequel and the mystery calls into question all the facts that have been revealed about the project so far. Initial reports on the film from back in 2014 said that it was originally scripted by Josh Campbell and Matt Steucken with Dan Casey having then provided a rewrite. According to those early reports, 10 Cloverfield Lane follows a girl who, after losing consciousness in a car accident, wakes up in an underground cellar with a man who tells her that the outside world has perished in a nuclear attack. Could that nuclear attack be connected to the Cloverfield monster or is the title meant to connect on a more thematic level, attempting to recapture the same mystery that audiences found when the Cloverfield trailer debuted before Michael Bay’s first Transformers film back in 2007?

This could just be a clever use of the name. Even if the monster isn't in it and it has nothing to do with Cloverfield it still looks interesting. And if it actually takes place after the events of Cloverfield then it seems like a pretty cool twist to the story and what a sequel can bring to the table