On 1/29/2023 at 12:59 AM, J3FF3R00 said:

spacer.png

This was fantastic. Go figure, another highly entertaining Martin McDonagh flick. This one is as good, if not better than In Bruges in many ways… and it’s great to see Gleeson and Farrell back together again. They are both great in it.
Some trademark classy gore to boot. 
This one sticks with me. 

Reveal hidden contents

Highly relatable as we’ve all had a friend leave us or end a friendship, though this is fascinating because instead of being children, they are adults on an island with a very small population and the stakes are so high. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9919d899f33bfe189da6722d426c9b00.png

spacer.png

Entertaining true story rescue movie. 
There were details I definitely didn’t remember reading about in the news that were quite insane. 
Did what it set out to to accomplish. I think if you aren’t slightly effected by the drama (or melodrama) then you’re probably a little cold.  

Ron Howard movie / 10

kP4NJhq.png

had high hopes for this, but honestly it's like watching a new car leave the show room and immediately begin to slowly break apart, and that happens for 3.5hrs the director incorrectly attributed would be required to get through the script.

sweet movie this ain't out of ten

• Haha 2

spacer.png

This was worth a watch as long as you aren’t watching it with the hopes of getting a special lady in the mood. Very violent, very gory, very sad. Well made, however.

Despite it being required reading in many American high schools, I never read the book but I imagine if it’s anything like the film that it is a good thing they have kids reading it. It really shows war for what it is, which is madness. 

Blood & mud / 10

• Like 3

If you’re a fan of this movie, you know how hard it is to locate. Pluto TV is now streaming The Keep (1983) in widescreen SD. Before, it was only available on old pan-and-scan VHS tapes. Excellent score by Tangerine Dream.

955B0F88-4049-41F8-BF39-893D5BDE66AF.jpeg

• Like 6

Probably covered loads but Everything Everywhere All the Time - 11 Oscar noms??????? Its excruciatingly bad... terrible fight scenes, characters you don't care about, laboured exposition, in-world-ruies made up on-the-fly it seems. I had to turn off after an hour. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Infinity Pool (2023)

Pretty good, agreed with the general sentiment that I enjoyed the first half quite a bit, and then it petered a little bit. I think Mia Goth steals the screen whenever she shows up. Thought the visuals and the Tim Hecker score were ace

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cruising for burgers said:

Mulholland Drive is so boring.

Gotta say, I kinda agree. When I saw it in the theater it was riveting but going back and watching it years later I didn’t feel like it held up. 

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 2/3/2023 at 3:50 AM, Rubin Farr said:

If you’re a fan of this movie, you know how hard it is to locate. Pluto TV is now streaming The Keep (1983) in widescreen SD. Before, it was only available on old pan-and-scan VHS tapes. Excellent score by Tangerine Dream.

I watched this as a kid and looooooved it. Had no idea it was a Michael Mann film - will have to see if I can jump on this in the next couple of weeks (seems like the perfect throw-back/late night movie to chill out to). Thnx for the heads up!

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 10:58 PM, YELLOW said:

First watch tonight for this one. It remains kinda obscure despite the names attached to it, but it’s on HBO right now. The “trivia” says that Aphex played at the party scene at the end, how true do we think that is…

Apparently I'm mining the shit out of this thread these days. Watched this over the last week. Somehow totally missed this in the 90s (how?). Loved it. Some stilted acting in places, but overall just a brilliant film that felt both of its time but also a bit timeless. Some of the directorial stuff is pretty incredible, particularly the first person stuff that is carried off flawlessly. It has gritty realness too it that lots of modern films seem to lack. 

I'm some ways, and this may be a bit weird, it feels like almost a proto-Gasper Noe film. 

I guess some people hated it when it came out for being either too violent or not committing to the violence enough. I thought it was great to have a lurid, dirty, seedy film like this end on a note of hope and love but I'm also a 17 yo girl in my heart so *shrugs*

10 afx raves / 10 Juliet Lewis boobies 

• Like 3

On 2/3/2023 at 8:50 AM, Rubin Farr said:

Remember reading the book 30 years ago when I was reading everything I could by Stephen King and James Herbert. It was a really decent horror book. My dad was a massive Tangerine Dream fan and I remember had the soundtrack (he had everything they released, which was quite impressive before the internet). I don't think I've ever seen the film though.

• Like 1

Everything Everywhere All At Once. 
Had to split this into two parts because parenting. The first half was great. Second half kinda got jumbled. At the end of the day it was very creative but a bit noisy and hard to follow. Then, the big emotional hook felt a bit forced and over-simplistic. It was fun seeing Ke Huy Quan back in action. Michelle Yeoh was great as ever. 

Big concept ??️/ 10

16 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Everything Everywhere All At Once. 
Had to split this into two parts because parenting. The first half was great. Second half kinda got jumbled. At the end of the day it was very creative but a bit noisy and hard to follow. Then, the big emotional hook felt a bit forced and over-simplistic. It was fun seeing Ke Huy Quan back in action. Michelle Yeoh was great as ever. 

Big concept ??️/ 10

I completely forgot about that movie.
It was fucking horrible, hahaha!

I'm all for craziness, but this was just lazy "lol so random" crap.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 9:50 AM, Rubin Farr said:

There's also this!

https://archive.org/details/the-keep-v-1.1.mkv

• Thanks 2