ENPEKUsVUAArW39.png

i've been watching quite a few of these nikkatsu films and most are wild, but this one really tips the scales. it's almost like takashi miike, david cronenberg and john waters all collaborated on a film. clearly it has a comic book inspired story- but this one took things to the very extreme left. 

I watched sucker punch and it's the most cringe inducing shit I've ever had the displeasure of watching. Bloody hell.

Oh yeah, watched a new Norwegian movie on Netflix called the trip, it's rather mediocre, but has some pretty fun splatstick stuff if you're into that sort of thing.

Hey guys it's me again, I just watched Titane, that was the best Cronenberg movie I've seen in ages.

Edited by Silent Member

tenet: stopped the film an hour and a half into it, when it gets really confusing. i'm too dumb for this kind of shit + the constant change of aspect ratio is distracting as hell + i hate action stuff anyway. it's like watching inception again (which i hated and couldn't understand the plot of) except i could more or less understand the plot this time, up to a certain point. i think my main problem here (aside from the confusing elements of the plot) is that the main character is not credible at all. neither is pattinson for that matter but at least he's not the hero. the whole thing feels fake anyway. and the plot is not that interesting. fuck you nolan.

Edited by brian trageskin
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, perunamuusi said:

Under the Silver Lake is a very very good film. Possibly the best I've seen in quite a long time. Quite  Lebowski  quite Pinchon, very very good.

yup, instant Pynchon vibes when I watched. Great movie.

1 hour ago, brian trageskin said:

tenet: stopped the film an hour and a half into it, when it gets really confusing. i'm too dumb for this kind of shit + the constant change of aspect ratio is distracting as hell + i hate action stuff anyway. it's like watching inception again (which i hated and couldn't understand the plot of) except i could more or less understand the plot this time, up to a certain point. i think my main problem here (aside from the confusing elements of the plot) is that the main character is not credible at all. neither is pattinson for that matter but at least he's not the hero. the whole thing feels fake anyway. and the plot is not that interesting. fuck you nolan.

The theory of who is actually the protagonist and antagonist gets complicated, (and what is happening in the future) this film has a very unusual structure, and like Primer before it, has induced numerous complex fan theories online regarding the physics of the timeline.

• Big Brain 1

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

The theory of who is actually the protagonist and antagonist gets complicated, (and what is happening in the future) this film has a very unusual structure, and like Primer before it, has induced numerous complex fan theories online regarding the physics of the timeline.

Primer was (and is) good tho

:^)

• Big Brain 1

52 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

Primer was (and is) good tho

:^)

I don't mind Tenet. Biggest issue for me was how it felt like a dress rehearsal for the actions. But yeah. Primer is a much, much better film.

Halfway through Night Teeth

Always had a soft spot for sexy vampire chicks. And that’s the only reason why I’m still watching it.
Terrible/10

Edited by beerwolf

saw dune in the theater today. i thought it was great in that in was basically how i imagined things in the book when i read it.  first time in a movie theater in about 2 years as well. i forgot the surreal feeling of walking out of a long movie into real life. kinda wish i’d seen it on imax though

• Like 2

Just came back from watching No Time To Die. I've liked Craig's Bond the best, and if you're into what he gets out of the character, you'll like his finale, too - making Bond more humane, emotional, and sentimental, even - but it's still a 007 movie through and through, so don't expect anything too complicated or labyrinthine twists in the plot. It's an entertaining enough way to whittle away almost three hours.

• Farnsworth 1