IGNORED

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

cear

I think you guys are not giving this a chance. It's a beautiful song. The groove is so lovely. And the bass line is classic daft punk. And Pharrell's vocals are perfect. Hazy sexy heat. Just like that album cover. And when the robots come in it's gorgeous.

Guest RadarJammer

its kinda frustrating to think about this kind of ultra marketed hyper catchy release. I bet people are gonna love it for a week then roll their eyes at it for the next ten years.

I think you guys are not giving this a chance. It's a beautiful song. The groove is so lovely. And the bass line is classic daft punk. And Pharrell's vocals are perfect. Hazy sexy heat. Just like that album cover. And when the robots come in it's gorgeous.

Yup it's pretty neat. The editing is a bit dodgy but what radio edit doesn't suck, really.

When they released Discovery, the internet was all upset because it was different than Homework. People derided it as dancefloor music that nobody would remember.

You guys will prove to be on the wrong side of history.

When they released Discovery, the internet was all upset because it was different than Homework. People derided it as dancefloor music that nobody would remember.

You guys will prove to be on the wrong side of history.

I thought this whole site was meant to exist on the wrong side of history. People at the Internet hate and upset about everything.

it isn't catchy

you must have the wrong song dude.

i don't. just gave it another listen, it's still a super weak track.

as joshuatx stated, it sounds like a mediocre justice single...

and again, i'm most probably the biggest dp-fanboy here on watmm. i cannot understand how you can defend this track.

1. anyone who defends the pharrell verse in itself is a tasteless moron*

2. the ending with the vocoders is fantastic as it has been since the teaser

3. it's not bad because they tried to make it a pop song (as in Rihanna/BlackEyedPeas pop), it's bad because they are probably old, tired, and lacking in creativity at this point in their lives

4. it really is lazy how the song functions with its half assed ramblings and then the sort of "fuck it just bring in the vocoder at the end" which is the only part anyone actually likes (because it's great)

5. it's not catchy for me and hasn't been stuck in my head. the hooks are not good

*all this pertains only to an objective analysis of the music in and of itself from the perspective of music as a whole - I will love hearing this played out and about at parties, etc... pharrell's shitty performance and all

half assed ramblings? it's not the song's fault if you're too thick to get it. Listen closely.

It's an homage to classic funk and an indictment of modern music.

like the legend of the phoenix ...

we've come too far to give up who we are ...

so let's raise the bar ...

the present has no rhythm, your gifts keep on giving ...

if you want to leave i'm with it

they're praising the classics and holding themselves above the crop of modern producers.

Edited by LOL Alzado

I'm not too thrilled with the song, although I don't mind the robotic singing part. They should have just used that and ditched Pharell.

Also, the track is all about rubbing mexican monkeys

Edited by triachus

I hate Pharrell so much.

But the single is growing on me (the one without Pharellherpdep)

I'm pretty excited to hear Todd Edward's and Giorgio Moroder's contributions to the album.

Edited by Ceerial