IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

I've only been a fan for 2 years but this silence is deafening, absolutely am going mad with the lack of new music or activity from James, as we've all been so spoiled over the last 2 years. I know have a new respect for anyone who had to patiently wait 13 years for Syro, this hiatus is nothing compared to that haha! :biggrin:

another thing I love about the soundcloud dump is there are so many tracks and so many are classics yet totally unknown, you could do a dj set in a club or something that is completely aphex twin and probably nobody would realize, and yet it would be an amazing set

thinking of stuff like this:

We've got tracks from that dump that we would never have attributed to him.

very true.

Exhibit A:

Love this one.

makes you wonder about those who say 'obv not afx' ;)

We've got tracks from that dump that we would never have attributed to him.

very true.

Exhibit A:

Love this one.

makes you wonder about those who say 'obv not afx' ;)

Exactly. It would appear there is only one person who can confidently say that. The man himself!

another thing I love about the soundcloud dump is there are so many tracks and so many are classics yet totally unknown, you could do a dj set in a club or something that is completely aphex twin and probably nobody would realize, and yet it would be an amazing set

thinking of stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKdRGwhMwFg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNX3THQs8II

Can't remember where I heard this (could be from his comments on sc even) but he did apparently cane a bunch of these tracks at the secret unannounced megaset he did at glastonbury 2014

It's clear that the uploading amy have been a break in some sort of contract with Warp, so we can't really blame him for taking it down, I just think that it is so truly impressive that some one is able to upload such a complete body of work. I'd love it if some of that stuff would see some kind of box set format or a vinyl release. Truly though the kickstarter for caustic window really may have inspired him to upload the soundcloud page, and that alone shows that even after multiple decades of expanding his own sound, he is still the most unique and most talented artist, as a pioneer who played his own game, by his own rules, it's inspiring to see that much music thrown up online in a day, only he could've done that, with that much material. and it's all impressive, all uninfluenced by modern hype. Digital Internet Guerrilla Hardcore Tactics.

post-19744-0-35664900-1456800782_thumb.jpg

Edited by Astro Tarot

It's clear that the uploading amy have been a break in some sort of contract with Warp, so we can't really blame him for taking it down, [...]

Intradesting. Some news apointing to that or just speculation?

If it had anything to do with he and Warp's contract, i'm really sure that they wouldn't have let the dump go on for over a year.

Also, from what I remember, Warp or bleep mentioned his soundcloud on a promo for orphaned deejay selek. I don't remember if it was for that, though.

This + he removed tracks that clearly were a "copyright infringement" towards his own work on Warp (girl boy dark version for example). So I guess the other tracks weren't problematic, otherwise he wouldn't have uploaded them as he did :shrug:

This + he removed tracks that clearly were a "copyright infringement" towards his own work on Warp (girl boy dark version for example). So I guess the other tracks weren't problematic, otherwise he wouldn't have uploaded them as he did :shrug:

yes, don't think it has to do something with his contract. maybe he's just taking a break. or isn't in the mood anymore. honestly, i don't care that much because he already gave us more than we ever hoped for! i'm sure there will be more stuff somewhere in the future :-)

My guess was he shook off that video situation by putting the digging around on the back burner and going back to making new stuff. If that's right then more old stuff will come out later along with something new eventually. Or I'm just a hopeless optimist.

He's not a Pro user anymore {"product":{"id":"free","name":"Free"}, but was last active on the 27th. "last_modified":"2016-02-27T00:00:08Z"

I'm feeling a little creepy now