IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

This whole saga has left me on the edge, I don't know whether to crave more releases or settle for what we have.

28 Organ.... n_______n my gf said that it was 'nice' (melodies) but not something she would listen to. That's an accomplishment in my books!

This whole saga has left me on the edge, I don't know whether to crave more releases or settle for what we have.

28 Organ.... n_______n my gf said that it was 'nice' (melodies) but not something she would listen to. That's an accomplishment in my books!

yeah I mean i dont what so start some gender discussion but i seems his rougher, metallic 90´s stuff he uploaded ( the first 90 tracks ) is mostly for men ears ?

does someone know girls who listen to ventolin or 73 yips ? just curious

yeah I mean i dont what so start some gender discussion but i seems his rougher, metallic 90´s stuff he uploaded ( the first 90 tracks ) is mostly for men ears ?

My gf likes xepha and everything on the On EP...?

Then again she likes absolutely all Aphex/SP/etcetcetc even the harsh stuff. She's an anomaly. I don't even particularly like the metallic stuff tbh...

My girlfriend put me on to Ben Frost's latest album, I reckon that's almost more menacing than RDJ's industrialish stuff.

Guest progben

My girlfriend put me on to Ben Frost's latest album, I reckon that's almost more menacing than RDJ's industrialish stuff.

Yeah I'd agree. I saw Ben play Aurora live and it was so loud that it caused me to hallucinate.

Been enjoying having this on shuffle without paying much attention to the titles, I think there's still only 15-20 tracks I know by name, the rest have this cool vaguely familiar quality to them but sound new and fresh every time. Sometimes I try to keep track of favorites but there's too much to manage for me.

Yeah I'd agree. I saw Ben play Aurora live and it was so loud that it caused me to hallucinate.

i heard he started bringing actual guitar amp stacks on stage with him, was that one of those shows?someone told me he was using a lot of clever guitar vst amp trickery to get by before that, sounded convincing though

Edited by John Ehrlichman

80s tite is excellent! Anyone know what album this is off?

It's not a track made by Richard... i think petina gave us the link to show us who is the author of it...

80s tite is excellent! Anyone know what album this is off?

yes, it's from an old soviet electro record called 'pulse 1: musical computer' by a. rodionov and b. tikhomirov

lol

i heard he started bringing actual guitar amp stacks on stage with him, was that one of those shows?someone told me he was using a lot of clever guitar vst amp trickery to get by before that, sounded convincing though

I convinced the gf to see Ben Frost for his Aurora tour as well, but she also agreed to go to Venetian Snares, she puts up with a lot from my music. She seemed to enjoy them, but in general she has positive comments for softer music (They were playing Grouper's latest album pre-show which she really liked).

Ben Frost is definitely a lot more "menacing" then RDJ's industrial, but Ben has a very "nuclear post-apocalypse" vibe about it. I can't really put Richs harsh stuff into words... But Ventolin and Theory of Machines are just two quite different creatures.

Edited by WeAreOceans

Guest bitroast

You/she got the LP? It sounds better at 33 ;);) Edited by bitroast

World Waver Ab6 is an odd one. It's gorgeous, but at the same time it's abrasive as hell, a bit like sex in a bag of sandpaper. It's one of about 30 of them that I keep seeing and thinking "Have to check that one again, I know it's great but can't remember exactly why".

Anyway, now that the Grammy is probably in the backyard holding bird feed to attract the stars of the next Aisatsana, I look forward to more imminent dumping.

Definitely need to hear the two electronic tracks from "Aphex Twin and Krzysztof Penderecki Live at ECC2011" uploaded.....

Which ones? One of the tracks was in the Syrobonkus interview, another on the CCAI EP.

Guest progben

Yeah he did have a guitar with him and amps, definitely plugged in and live. I saw him at TodaysArt fest in Holland (highly recommended) in a double bill with Tim Hecker.

But yeah, I started hearing voices coming out of the speakers, my vision went totally blurry, starting seeing colours and ghosts in my peripheral vision etc. Really magical experience just through the volume of the show. Felt like I was melting in my seat and when it finished I was basically in tears.

Then I saw Fantano say the album was 'strong/decent boring' or whatever.. I hate that guy sometimes.

Been enjoying having this on shuffle without paying much attention to the titles, I think there's still only 15-20 tracks I know by name, the rest have this cool vaguely familiar quality to them but sound new and fresh every time. Sometimes I try to keep track of favorites but there's too much to manage for me.

I gave up on remembering track names 20 years ago. Just listen and enjoy! :music:

I gave up on remembering track names 20 years ago. Just listen and enjoy! :music:

Same here! i keep reading posts about drum patterns from this released track and melodies similar to that released track, and I know the names but couldn't possibly pick the tune out of a line-up. I could probably pin down any RDJ recording to a rough two or three year period, but the 20+ years of brain abuse have rendered track titles meaningless since sometime around 'I Care....'. And I'm happy with that.

It's a strange sensation, having just been gifted 150+ tracks by somebody you've been listening to for so long but finding yourself thinking 'Well come on, where's the rest?'. Sorry RDJ. This shit be addictive.

you guys quit way too easily...

The only thing I quit was your mom, last night, but in a Brokeback Mountain sense, it could be said that I can't really quit her (although I wish I could)

Edited by atypic