IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

RICCHARD IS POSTING AGAIN OMG!!!!!111111111111111111111

I hope he actually dies though.

fxt

not richards ofc...gosh,,,

Edited by Mag

so many good tunes. i put user48736353001 favorites with the modular stuff from the noyzelab interview in a playlist and its ace. that hi hats tamclamp was one of those i had to wait till it finished to turn the car off today.

Edited by very honest

from the dj food article:

"Looking at some of the dates on the titles – mid to late 80’s – I’m slightly dubious as this would mean RDJ was making fully-formed gabba Techno at the same time as the Detroit pioneers were weaving their magic."

Edited by B1000

Now that this Soundcloud account has gathered so much attention, I think it would be an awesome platform for Rich to share some lesser known stuff from former Rephlex artists. It would certainly bring a lot of names into the spotlight!

This!

I would give anything to hear some more Voafose. His album in 08 was an absolute mindfuck. I love it. He can create a cerrain kind of eerie, spacey atmosphere than nobody else can quite replicable. A very dinstinctive sound, I think. And I know from listening to it that he must just have countless hours of bizarre tripped-out tape experiments from over the years he's sitting on.

Anyone else hoping for more SAW2 tracks or demos?

I think the only one that could have actually been on the album is th1, because it sounds properly mixed and in good quality.

After seeing all these old AFX tapes like in the djfood article - there is never any mention of early SAW2 tracks being on them. It feels like he created this random amazing ambient album out of nowhere, then just released it as soon as he could. Hmm...

from the dj food article:

"Looking at some of the dates on the titles – mid to late 80’s – I’m slightly dubious as this would mean RDJ was making fully-formed gabba Techno at the same time as the Detroit pioneers were weaving their magic."

That's the most amazing thing about Aphex Twin, he was a pioneer in every possible sense of the word. It is so rare that someone is literally "before his time" that people tend to not believe it. And what doesn't help is that pioneers rarely say they are pioneers, they leave that blah blah business to the big mouths of the scene.